bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Jewel Legends: Tree of Life

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 14, 12 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Jewel Legends: Tree of Life? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Jewel Legends: Tree of Life page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jewel Legends: Tree of Life

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 14, 12 12:20 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

4ladybug2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 4ladybug2 on Apr 14, 12 12:38 AM

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 12:56:18 AM PST

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Apr 14, 12 2:48 AM
It loaded just fine for me, and plays beautifully. Gorgeous graphics, and Yay! An untimed "zen" mode. A swap-type M3, and you get to build stuff. My game account is currently overdrawn due to these diabolical sales BF keeps having, but I certainly want to get this when I can. I'm overloaded on HOGS, and need a good M3.
(Edited for change of mind.) Oh, what the heck! I'm going to use a credit on this one.

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 4:46:25 PM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 14, 12 3:17 AM
This was an instant buy for me this game is so colorful and cute and the graphics are so beautiful. This is the perfect match 3 and one of the best one's to come around in a long time. There is an untimed mode for those that don't like the timer. Your helping the little people build their land back up and you collect your resources and things you need to build. There are at least 100 levels so this looks like a good lengthy game. The game runs really smooth no lagging at all and it even has voice overs the music is really cute and fits the game perfectly and the little people are just adorable and the colors are so bright and vibrant. This is a wonderful match 3 and definitely worth the demo I don't think you'll be sorry. I've already purchased the game and I'm so glad I did each board has something a little different on it each time so your not always seeing the same things over and over again. Great game love it ! Thank you dev's and Big Fish for this great and beautiful match 3 this one is a keeper and I hope to see a sequel.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 14, 12 5:08 AM
This review is based on the demo.

I get widescreen !! (I have it set to 1280x720 to really fill the whole screen of my laptop).

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over: if you say "yes" to ingame tutorial, one of the tribe is going to tell you all about how to play this game.

There is a Timed and Relaxed mode (Zen).

The graphics and images look lovely.

When playing a level, you not only have to do the usual: break chains, turn all tiles the same colour etc, but also have to fill 3 vials with certain items.
When a vial is filled to the black line, you get a green tick, and don't have to continue to fill the vial. But you can fill it up right to the top, and get a golden star.

For each golden star you get after finishing a level, you will receive extra credits.

While playing a level, one of the items on the playing field is a green star surrounded by a yellow circle.
These are credits (money) with which you can buy power ups. For example, if you want to use an axe to destroy a tile or chain, you first have to buy the axe.

After finishing a level, you receive a building stone, with which you can start rebuilding the village. You don't have to first finish one building, but can build different ones at the same time. Zoom in on one of the buildings, and then click on the hammer. The stone will be taken from you, and a group of skirt-wearing (fe)males will start building.

--- --- ---

I am off to get this game.

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 5:11:23 AM PST

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Apr 14, 12 5:35 AM

Edited on 05/09/2012 at 3:39:51 AM PST

MKD7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MKD7777 on Apr 14, 12 6:34 AM
This is one of the best match 3 games in a long time! The graphics are stunning and the game plays smoothly. The fact that you can make moves while the tiles are still moving is a tremendous plus for me. I play match 3 in mostly timed mode, but am pleased that it has both timed and untimed. I am buying this today as I could not wait for the first of May when my credit is available. Thanks BF! This is a GREAT game!

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Apr 14, 12 8:14 AM
Awesome game! Beautiful graphics. Perfect game to play when you just want to relax. Match 3, building villages and magic potents. I love it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 14, 12 8:16 AM
It has all the features I like in M-3: no chains, no timer, simplicity, great graphics, and build (no matter what, lol)...

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 14, 12 9:56 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/16/2012 at 4:05:37 AM PST

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Apr 14, 12 10:24 AM
This is a very simplistic match 3 game. Those who are looking for someting to play with children or grandchildren should enjoy this game. For me it is a no buy. Yes, the graphics are cute. The building aspect is just click on a hammer symbol, and another segment of a building section will be built. I just found it boring.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Apr 14, 12 10:40 AM

I played the timed version and allowed the tutorial. It is a very pleasant but non-challenging game. If you are just starting to play MP3 games this would be a good one to include. I suggest you give it a try if you are looking for a restful game.
Nice story with a Zen (non-timed) version if you don't like the timer.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 14, 12 11:28 AM
What a beautiful Match 3 game. It has it all as was mentioned by others.
Thank you!!! Finally. i love it and bought it.

Valdy:
Thank you for such a good review and explanation of the game.
You rock!!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 14, 12 7:22 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 3:15:22 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 14, 12 7:25 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 3:15:54 AM PST

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Apr 15, 12 2:51 AM
I agree with other people, gorgeous match 3 with a pleasant tune and enough fireworks to keep me excited with a lovely village to rebuild I bought this as soon as the trial was finished, it has been a while since we have had a delightful match 3 like this and the big plus for me was the choice of modes being able to play leisurely was a big yes for me I have played other games in the past and as soon as I see that timer it is a no brainer so it is a big thumbs up from me.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 15, 12 3:10 AM
I would love to have played this delightful game .. beautiful graphics. But like so many other M3 games, the devs insist on incorporating enough flashing lights to illuminate New York!

Don't they realise that flashing can trigger migraines .. and even epileptic flits .. in those playing them? I know that some 'flashing' is necessary for the games effect, but this one goes too far.

(removed by moderator)
Jo

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 3:18:05 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 16, 12 10:28 AM
This is a good game, but not a special one in my opinion. You can choose between timed and untimed (zen) mode. The game is a little bit slowly. For me its a no buy yet, but probably if we have the next sale.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 17, 12 11:08 PM
Have only played the demo so far, am on the fence about buying it. Very cute game, but a bit cartoonish for me. Swap M3 with large, brightly colored game tiles so there's not a big eyestrain factor when looking for matches. I played with the tutorials turned on, as I like to read the instructions on my first time through a game. But in this case the instructions were as much a pain as pleasure, since they pop up in huge screens that cover up most of the game board, and inadvertent clicks make the popup screen disappear (and cut off the dialogue of the guy trying to help you out).

Although double match tiles and chains appear very early on, it still didn't seem very challenging as I had huge cascades going on a regular basis. The collection of the resources at the left side of the screen didn't make much sense to me and just seemed like a way to extend the playing time of the boards. Did get a chuckle out of the "Night Owl" trophy...that one completely applies to me!

Go to: