Car parts

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 16, 12 2:24 AM
I have found everything that is findable. I have no evidence or hidden object scenes all puzzles have been solved the only evidence, according to the map, is the car. I only found two spark plugs and a crank. What else? I have a box piece, a rope, a mallet and a knife. There is nothing else to do, no where else to go. How do I get that blessed car started?

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Car parts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 16, 12 2:32 AM
Did you find the piston (I think that's what it was). Have a look in the car - its those things below the spark plugs - there's one missing.

ETA SPOILER - highlight to read if you still can't find it

Go back into ticket booth and use the mallet on the barrell on the right side. Hit it 4 times. You will get the piston.
END OF SPOILER

By the way, not sure if you use it but just checked and it does tell you what to do in the walkthrough.

Edited on 04/16/2012 at 2:40:49 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 16, 12 2:48 AM
Thank you th Julie, I knew I needed that, but according to the MAP, which is suppose to be of SOME help, nothing was indicated. ARGGG! Thanks.

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Apr 16, 12 3:44 AM
Heatherington (to anyone else, a possible SPOILER here!),

Did you go back inside the station offce and check the barrel on the right? If you hit it with the hammer, you'll find the piston you need. Hope that helps!

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 16, 12 6:36 AM
Was part of the beta test on this one - remember that I had to give up at the car because there was no walkthrough or hint to tell how to find the missing items. Glad there is one for the actual game.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 16, 12 6:37 AM
Was part of the beta test on this one - remember that I had to give up at the car because there was no walkthrough or hint to tell how to find the missing items. Glad there is one for the actual game.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 16, 12 6:37 AM

[Post New]by robgodess on Apr 16, 12 6:50 PM
I have the spark plugs and the piston, but still it won't let me do anything. The game and walkthrough says you only need two spark plugs, is that correct? I need help!!

babstoo
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by babstoo on Apr 16, 12 7:19 PM
I have the piston, but can't put it in the engine. Also, where is the other spark plug?
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

[Post New]by mustangcelli on Apr 16, 12 8:07 PM
babstoo, I'm also having the same problem. I try to place the piston, but it does nothing. Frustrating! Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks!

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Apr 16, 12 9:38 PM
I am also trying to place the final spark plug - I have all the pistons and plugs, but it won't let me place the last spark plug.

*Update - I had exited the game to post this problem. After I posted I went back into the game and it let me put in the last spark plug. Hmm... I then started the car and.... it was the end of the demo

Edited on 04/16/2012 at 9:47:46 PM PST

[Post New]by grace2013 on Apr 16, 12 9:40 PM
mustangcelli wrote:babstoo, I'm also having the same problem. I try to place the piston, but it does nothing. Frustrating! Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks!

[Post New]by grace2013 on Apr 16, 12 9:41 PM
You have to click very low on the slot where it goes.

[Post New]by mustangcelli on Apr 17, 12 12:31 PM
CelticElf wrote:I am also trying to place the final spark plug - I have all the pistons and plugs, but it won't let me place the last spark plug.

*Update - I had exited the game to post this problem. After I posted I went back into the game and it let me put in the last spark plug. Hmm... I then started the car and.... it was the end of the demo

Thanks, CelticElf! I had the same result . . . which also makes me go hmmmm . . . If this is a glitch, hopefully they'll have an update soon. Otherwise, I'll just try the "exit" method again after purchasing.

Thanks, grace2013, for your input too. I had clicked all over the area before. So think it was the "exit" strategy that "fixed" the problem.

[Post New]by dbcroff695 on Apr 17, 12 4:05 PM
I am still missing 1 spark plug. There is nowhere else to look! Help!

[Post New]by rochdalelass on Apr 18, 12 8:38 PM
I too am missing a spark plug. The walk through was unhelpful. Anyone out there who can help?

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 19, 12 7:57 PM
Me too....missing one spark plug!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 19, 12 8:05 PM
Finally found it! Click on the information center in the station (mags, papers, etc) and bring up the article about the murder. The stupid 3rd plug is on the left, right over the journal.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 20, 12 10:44 AM
Here are the screenshots from the walkthrough showing the locations of the spark plugs, piston, and crank. I hope they help.

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Victorian-Mysteries-The-Yellow-Room/victorian-mysteries-tyr011.jpg

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Victorian-Mysteries-The-Yellow-Room/victorian-mysteries-tyr014.jpg

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Victorian-Mysteries-The-Yellow-Room/victorian-mysteries-tyr019.jpg

Go to: