Walkthroughs

[Post New]by BethnJulia2 on Jan 29, 09 12:38 PM
Totem Tribe has to be one of the harder more complicated games I've played. If your sanity becomes threatened playing this game, there are walkthroughs which will help. Gamezebo has a decent walkthrough but it doesn't give you every last clue, especially some of the more maddening ones. There is another website. I'll type it out using spaces since we can't provide any links. It's an individual who is very good at gaming and has decided to share their expertise. A few times, I was unable to link into this site becasue it ran out of bandwidth as it's the users personal site, I think. Anyway, en. dinishanti. com (without the spaces) is the website. There is a lot of detail, helpful hints, and screen shots here. Jayisgames is another place with a framework of a walkthrough. Askyahoo has some limited but very helpful information.

I've been playing Totem Tribe since it came up on another website recently. I'm stuck inside the comet.

Hidden things such as roots, shells, etc. may or may not be in the same place on your game as in the screen shots in a walkthrough. I've played a few of the levels several times and found this to be true. For example, on Witch Island, one of the roots is hidden in one of those round green things (a swamp I think). You can't see any trace of it. You just have to click on the right one in the right place to find it. I have found it in a different swamp spot each time. One root is always behind a log, it's just not necessarily the same log.

You might think your eyes are going to pop right out of your head playing this game. I know mine did. The walkthroughs do help, but don't give you everything on every level.

Good luck.

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Walkthroughs

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Jan 29, 09 10:31 PM
Thanks for the tip on the walkthru from that site you listed! It's the best one I've seen. The one on Gamezebo doesn't have the detail that one does!

Cavuto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Cavuto on Jan 29, 09 11:14 PM
Interestingly, I've figured out all the puzzles and such and therefore would at this point need a walkthrough ONLY for finding hidden items. It is good to know, at least, that I will just have to do it the hard way. Thanks for your post.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 29, 09 11:21 PM
I would totally LOVE a popup telling me when I've gotten all the jewels on a level........

[Post New]by BethnJulia2 on Jan 29, 09 11:52 PM
That would be a definite nicety. As it is, you have to find an undetermined number of jewels amongst all the islands which have jewels to be able to play Rainbow Road (I think is the name).

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 29, 09 11:59 PM
And you know what's gonna happen BethnJulia?...........we're gonna both get to that point and pull our hair out because we're missing ONE jewel in all the islands........

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jan 30, 09 1:02 PM
Don't even think that Doobie....I'm having enough trouble remembering to look for them.

[Post New]by BethnJulia2 on Jan 30, 09 2:39 PM
DoobieBear wrote:And you know what's gonna happen BethnJulia?...........we're gonna both get to that point and pull our hair out because we're missing ONE jewel in all the islands........

I almost got to that point find all of the ice crystals on that frozen vale place. Vile place if I've ever seen one.

[Post New]by Jesshazelangel on Jan 31, 09 4:57 PM
If you go to google and look up totem tribe walkthroughs. there is one on there called dinsanti that is awesome. It has screen shots that tell you have to solve the puzzles and everything. Its the best one I have found so far.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Jan 31, 09 6:55 PM
I liked Dinishanti but gave the wrong advice for the final level, realized it before I fed everyone to the mouths. Final boss was frustrating also only got 94% of the jewels so its time to replay.

[Post New]by Jesshazelangel on Feb 1, 09 6:09 PM
Havent made it to the end yet.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Feb 16, 09 5:47 PM
I'm unsure if I have all the jewels. My rainbow road reads 97% and I haven't gotten inside the comet yet. Scared to go in because I don't want to have to replay. It was time consuming yet a great game. I'm still missing something from the right upper corner of my treasure box. Maybe it will fill in after I'm in the comet? Unsure. I'm pretty sure I have all the jewels except for the one island where there's no scouts. Any advice before I enter the comet? Thanks guys!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 16, 09 6:17 PM
Once you enter the comet, there is no way to get the gems. I am now posting all the locations of the gems at each island with a video walkthru for each island. Uploading Skull Island at this time onto You Tube.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 16, 09 6:19 PM
Go back and thoroughly scour your islands for gems!!! Yes, very OCD but better to be sure and btw aren't you supposed to have 100% gems before you engage the comet? Cyber would know for sure or Doobie...

Oh...there he is!!!

Edited on 02/16/2009 at 6:20:56 PM PST

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Feb 16, 09 6:36 PM
Does anyone know the percentage on rainbow road prior to entering the comet? Is it really supposed to be 100%? I colored the gems (I know, slightly cheating) to help me identify the ones that I must have missed. And there were a few.... Take care and I loved your video walkthrough cyber!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 16, 09 6:44 PM
If you want the best ending, as long as you don't feed your people to the mouths inside the comet. You need 100% and have visited the Guardian Moon where you purify the Tear of Heaven.

littlesambo
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by littlesambo on Feb 16, 09 8:43 PM
hey cyber question if u don't mind, do you work on computers? you seem to know a lot of stuff. just wondering me, i'm retired. and think i'm going back on oh btw
it saddens me when these little tribemates get killed and you hear how the shades die it cracks me up......

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 16, 09 9:02 PM
I used to work on computer about 10 years ago. I just have picked up stuff here and there.

If you are sad when your tribemates die, you don't want to fight the last boss.

Go to: