Any comments fishes?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Todays DD April 19 2012

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 19, 12 12:09 AM
Hi cleoladycat,
When I saw this game was offered as a DD tonight I just couldn't wait to recommend this game for those who like puzzles and challenges.
It can be very frustrating at times, but the gameplay is easily understood with some experimentation and persistence. There is a lot of help here in this forum, so I would recommend that if you haven't already tried this gem, give it a go. But be prepared for a loooong journey if you go for it on your own.
The feeling of satisfaction after completing the game is uplifting.
Cheers
PS: Check EVERYTHING out - and make sure you note ALL of the messages/information given to you.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 19, 12 12:11 AM
This is my review that was in the official section -

This is a really enjoyable game. It is a lot of pick-ups and interactions type game. This is made more of a challenge as you have a limited amount of slots which you can carry items.

You make up magic concotions which you can use to travel to lots of different places and time. The latter is a good addition as you can only do things in a certain time period so it makes the game slightly more difficult. There are a lot of different environments to explore and really fun minigames (and are not hard)

It's not one of those tear your hair out hard adventure games. It's just a perfect balance. In fact I think this is a good adventure game for someone who wants more of a challenge than IHOGs but who is used to inventory items type games.
The only time I was a bit lost, was wondering what to do next as there was so many places to explore near the end but I like that!

For a good length game (it took me a long time to finish it) fun mini puzzles, amazing choice of different environments I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'd add to it by saying it is an adventure game there is LOTS of wandering around, and it is harder than HOPAs. It does auto save at certain points but you can manually save as well which I recommend. I'd advise getting a pen and paper to write down where things and 'when' they are, to help reduce backtraking.

For those that like a lot of help and direction this isn't for you, if you have patience you will be rewarded. I think it's a great deal for a DD and really recommend it especially at this price. It did take me longer than the demo time to get into the developer's wavelength and how it all works but I was rewarded by a fun game.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 19, 12 12:35 AM
Well I have to be honest, I didn't last long in the demo and I came in here to say "horrible" "hated it" "worst gameplay ever".

However, after reading a bit of what people have had to say, I think I'll have a coffee, wake up properly, give myself a shake and have another go.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 19, 12 1:09 AM
JulieJay wrote:Well I have to be honest, I didn't last long in the demo and I came in here to say "horrible" "hated it" "worst gameplay ever".

However, after reading a bit of what people have had to say, I think I'll have a coffee, wake up properly, give myself a shake and have another go.

Hi JulieJay ................ and others of "like mind",
This is not an easy HO/Adv game. It requires intuition, persistence and sometimes bloody-mindedness. But the end result is worth it if you like success in the face of a challenge.
It is not "fun" in the sense of easily solvable tasks, but it is full of "oh carp", why didn't I see/find/get that moments when you finally achieve a goal.
Not easy, but at this price well worth attempting another go at it as it will take you some time to finish it.
I must admit to having many "breaks" whilst playing this game before I finally mastered it myself.
And how proud you will be of yourself when you finally do.
Cheers

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Apr 19, 12 4:17 AM
I agree with other comments - this game is a challenge and well worth the effort. At first I was not impressed and got frustrated because I didn't know what to do next and there were not enough slots to carry items. Then I learned to only carry items needed for the task at hand. This game is different and highly imaginative. It takes you on journeys through time and space. You may experience frustration at times, but in the end, you are left with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. I highly recommend this game for all adventurers/explorers.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 19, 12 4:58 AM
In the top 5 of my all-time favorite games (and I've been doing this a long time).

It's NOT a hidden object game. It's a pure adventure.

That means MANUAL SAVE. You should always do a manual save before any puzzle/game so if you lose/fail the puzzle/game you can go back to right before it. Because you CAN "die" in this game and have to start over!!! So it's important to manually save every time you do anything or before anything that looks challenging.

Beautiful music but only intermittant, wish there was more of it.

A surreal strange feel to this one that I love, you move around in time and space and you make potions to do it.

I recently replayed it (for maybe the third time) and liked it even more because I knew what I was doing, lol. The first time I played I was continually stumped, I think I came to the forum for help in this one more than anything else I've ever played--but WELL WORTH IT.

Even at $2.99, try before you buy. It's a different kind of adventure.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Apr 19, 12 10:37 AM
I am with the majority here. This is one of the most fun and most frustrating adventure games I've played on Big Fish Games. I like the travelling through time and the concoction creation. Spoiler: The section on the moon was really frustrating but well worth the time. I used a walkthrough at times when I played it at first. Once I understood the concept of the game I was able to figure things out without the walkthrough. I'm glad I bought it, even if I did pay full price for it. It's worth it and I would pay it again if I had to. At the daily deal price, this gem is a steal.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Apr 19, 12 2:24 PM
It does seem interesting. I like that you can go back and pick up things you missed. Hate the ones that have a straight line -- if you missed it, the game is as good as done. This one OTOH, doesn't require you to be perfect.

A great DD for me! Thanks, Big Fish.

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Apr 19, 12 6:01 PM
This is by far my favorite Big Fish purchase ever! (And I have a LOT of games). It is so out of the box. You actually have to use your mind and search for clues, items etc..not some random HO scene. I'll admit, a few parts stumped me and I had to glance at the walkthrough, but that was ok! I say go for it!!

[Post New]by AnGeLlBaBie68 on Apr 15, 13 8:57 PM
JulieJay wrote:Well I have to be honest, I didn't last long in the demo and I came in here to say "horrible" "hated it" "worst gameplay ever".

ATTA GIRL U CAN DO IT LOL

Go to: