bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Living Legends: Ice Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 20, 12 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Living Legends: Ice Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by tzangtzi on Apr 21, 12 8:50 PM
Game does not fill the screen and clicking on widescreen makes no difference. Disappointing in a new game

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Apr 22, 12 7:16 AM
This game ended abrubtly before I had all elements needed. I still had inventory and things to do and it ended..bam! just like that!..Not happy with this game at all! .

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Apr 22, 12 12:41 PM
I played about 30 minutes when the cursor started acting difficult and changing to the default cursor didn't help. Another no win.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 22, 12 2:24 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. If you game is giving you trouble, the first thing I would try is uninstalling and reinstalling it. If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this. This won't lose your place in the game, but it can help if it's acting up.

Some other things to try if that doesn't work:

tzangtzi - I would try adjusting the Screen Resolution

gatorgal637 and Pixielate - If a game is crashing or the cursor isn't responding like it should, I would check out the steps at our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article

However, if the game is still giving you trouble after trying any of these steps, I would get in touch with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help get this sorted out for you:

How do I get in touch with Customer Support?

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 04/22/2012 at 2:24:15 PM PST

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Apr 22, 12 10:23 PM
bfgCimarron, my game did not crash. It ended the story with some game still left to play. I only had 2 rings of the 5 needed and the game ended there. I still had a couple of mini games left and 3 more rings to find. When I placed the 2 rings I had, the game ended. This is not right. I am not the only one this happened to. Please read the comments on the forum page under "game ended too early". Thank you.

Edited on 04/22/2012 at 10:24:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Zereth_Raigan on Apr 25, 12 1:04 PM
I can't get the game window to even remain open for more than an instant. Both the regular and collector's editions are doing this. It's just this game though, I tried other games I have and they open (and stay open) just fine. Any idea what's going on here?

[Post New]by nobinsky on Apr 26, 12 5:15 PM
Hi,,I can't complete the diorama scene...the knight went up in smoke but the others remain even though they are in the right spots. Also the skip button won't fill

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 2, 12 6:46 AM
Zereth_Raigan, sounds like your game might be crashing. Even if this is the only game it's happening to, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play this game might help. Here is a help article with more information:

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

gatorgal637, I recommend writing to Customer Support in regards to this issue.

nobinsky, if this is a glitch, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

bfgRhone

TnT_TJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Serious issues

[Post New]by TnT_TJ on May 23, 12 4:06 PM
I had some serious issues with this game when I played it today. First the game froze up several times to the point where one had to restart the whole computer (though, if this was the game's fault or not I do not know as I have had a couple of freezes non related to any game).

When I tried to continue playing after the third freeze, the game would not start at all. It went to the first Big Fish Games intro page and never any further. Music was playing and everything. I had to use the task bar to exit (where it showed still running).

I got an error message when ending the program through the task bar that I needed to uninstall and reinstall, and if that didn't work I should contact Big Fish mentioning "error code 900".

When I went to uninstall, I found out by a huge surprise that the game uninstalled itself?!?! How???... Well, it was gone both from the game manager and from the folder in which is was installed. Only a desktop icon was what was left.

Baffled, I still downloaded the game again and reactivated it through game manager, only to have the same thing happening again... Going to the Big Fish introduction screen and no further. What do I do???

TJ

Edit 05/24/12: Just wanted to drop back in and say that the issue have been resolved thanks to good follow up by technical support. Thank you Big Fish :o)

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 6:50:34 PM PST

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Sep 19, 12 1:13 PM
Having the same problem as TJ. It played fine during the demo and I bought it. I even played a while after I bought it but when I go out and then back in later I can't get passed the Big Fish logo page. How did you fix it? Thanks for any help.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 19, 12 1:55 PM
Hi linda1942,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. That issue can be caused by a couple different things, but I recommend first making sure that all software programs and drivers are up to date. You can find more information about doing that here on our help article:

If those recommendations are not working, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Sep 19, 12 2:13 PM
Thanks bfgSeine, but I have done this many times on games that will not play and BF Tech has not found anything wrong with my computer. Guess if I can't play it I'll need a refund since I bought it. Thanks anyway.

[Post New]by grndma1 on Jul 29, 14 11:28 AM
I have gathered all the tools from the castle scene and the elevator won't open for me to exit when I go back down.....I have repeatedly tried and have searched the other scenes several times before I went to the walkthrough....disappointing....

[Post New]by KNeillBC on Sep 21, 14 3:26 AM
I'm playing the iPad edition, and I just cannot get the rose into the bouquet in the prison. Any ideas? I've tried restarting the iPad, but I'm loathe to re-install the game and lose all my progress...has anyone else had is issue?

One person was having trouble with the elevator- try clicking on the control panel (where the puzzle was). It's a bit odd to click on an already complete puzzle to open and close something, which may be why you're having trouble.

With respect to the figurine puzzle- it took me a while, but if realized I had to place the figurines, and their matching items, substantially ABOVE where you think they should go. Finally got it working.

I wonder if there is a similar 'trick' with the rose???

UPDATE: solved it. For some reason, the 'zoomed in' bouquet wasn't coming up- until today. Restarted the iPad, tried again, and it worked. Who knows!? Thought I'd leave this up in case others have a similar issue.

Edited on 09/21/2014 at 10:29:31 PM PST

Go to: