bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Living Legends: Ice Rose

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 20, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Living Legends: Ice Rose? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Living Legends: Ice Rose page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Living Legends: Ice Rose

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 20, 12 12:19 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 20, 12 2:20 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This review is based on the CE trial verison, which I played in Casual mode:

There are 6 chapters.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is a journal - which also tells you how long you have played - but there is not map.

There is no voice-over.

The iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes), of which there are quite a few, have nice graphics, and objects are easy enough to find. Apart from the usual items to find, some objects in the list are in orange. Those need an extra step before you can take them.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, takes a minute to refill in Casual mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button also takes unnecessarily long to fill in Casual mode.

Graphics are very well done, and gameplay is what we have come to expect of a good game.

--- --- ---

This game does remind me of a few other games from well-known developers (dare I mention Dark Parables?), and I did enjoy the gameplay.

There is quite a bit of hand-holding in Casual mode, and even I, who always plays the easiest setting (mainly because I like to have the fasted refill for the HINT and SKIP buttons), found it a little too much.
Even in the HOS, I got sparklies for those objects marked in orange. I'd rather my cursor had changed into a hand when I was at the object rather than seeing the sparkles right from the start. So I will probably play the more difficult mode.

But apart from the many sparklies, I enjoyed the gameplay. I love playing games that include wintry scenes, so this one is just perfect for me. I did buy the CE, because it was in the sale, otherwise I would have waited for the SE to come out.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 20, 12 3:36 AM
This is a very good game with good graphic, gameplay, hogscenes etc. I like also the storyline. For me its a definete buy

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Apr 20, 12 7:36 AM
Beautiful graphics and the I love the music. The mini-games are somewhat different. A definite must have for me.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Apr 20, 12 9:37 AM
I played this in the survey so I have been waiting for this to come out on SE. After I try the trial it will be a must buy for me.

[Post New]by Bobrob on Apr 20, 12 7:16 PM
Loved the game,. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles but I am agan feeling let down and ripped off by the ending. Why not just leave games as CE if the standard edition is not going to finish things off. I am starting to get to the stage of why bother with any new games as this is happening more and more.
Even with a CE I bought recently I got to play the extra contet to complete the story only once and then it would not play again. Not a happy fishie!

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Apr 20, 12 7:45 PM
I am a slow player but found this is a very relaxing and enjoyable game. You can leave it and come back and not be confused to where you have left of as in other games I have played.
Graphics are very clear
Puzzles are not difficult (and with me that is saying something).
I did find I had to turn the music down as the steady beat at one point was really annoying.
I did not have to go to the walkthough for help but did use the hint button several times.
I recommend this game
Valdy is excellent at reviews and so are others and so far have helped in helping me pick or leave certain games.
Thank you all for the help it is appreciated.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 21, 12 2:11 AM
Bobrob wrote:Loved the game,. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles but I am agan feeling let down and ripped off by the ending. Why not just leave games as CE if the standard edition is not going to finish things off. I am starting to get to the stage of why bother with any new games as this is happening more and more.
Even with a CE I bought recently I got to play the extra contet to complete the story only once and then it would not play again. Not a happy fishie!

(my bolds)

Couldn't agree more, what an ending, let down is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the full CE play, but this ending meant the whole game story was irrelevant. I even went back to the beginning and checked but got a message saying 'you have finished, do you want to replay'. Apart from that it was a lovely game to play and I played it through with only a lunch break, something few games recently have tempted me to do. But, devs, surely an alternative ending could have been done for us who are spent up.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Apr 21, 12 9:06 AM
I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were stunning and the winter scenery was gorgeous. I found the HOScenes easy, and the puzzles weren't difficult.

It's not necessarily a unique storyline, but it is one that I enjoy with it's fairytale, castle and queen. I love games based on fairytales, legends, and literature, so this was right up my alley.

I found it was not a difficult game if one plays these kinds of games often as I do, it's visually beautiful and just very enjoyable to play. I played for almost 5 hours, but I'm a "stop and smell the roses" kind of person and actually get caught up in looking at the scenery before me. (And I never play in Casual Mode by the way.)

The SE ending left me wanting more. I'm going to get the CE later this week because I want to continue the story, would love the wallpapers for my computer and would like to see the concept art since I loved the graphics/scenery so much.

I look forward to a sequel too. Well done!

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 9:09:14 AM PST

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Apr 21, 12 12:03 PM
I loved the game,,,it was a love story, mystery, and a good cliff hanger that needs to be continued..The graphics were great and I had no problem finding any of the items. Waiting for the next one..

annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by annaroma on Apr 21, 12 2:03 PM
nelliegemini wrote:
Bobrob wrote:Loved the game,. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles but I am agan feeling let down and ripped off by the ending. Why not just leave games as CE if the standard edition is not going to finish things off. I am starting to get to the stage of why bother with any new games as this is happening more and more.

(my bolds)

Couldn't agree more, what an ending, let down is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the full CE play, but this ending meant the whole game story was irrelevant. I even went back to the beginning and checked but got a message saying 'you have finished, do you want to replay'. Apart from that it was a lovely game to play and I played it through with only a lunch break, something few games recently have tempted me to do. But, devs, surely an alternative ending could have been done for us who are spent up.

SO, is this a penalty for not buying the CE. Shameful ending... bad practice.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Apr 21, 12 3:35 PM
annaroma wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:

(my bolds)

SO, is this a penalty for not buying the CE. Shameful ending... bad practice.

I thought it did end...with a cliffhanger ending. Perhaps the CE takes it farther, but I didn't feel let down. I was left with wanting more...

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Apr 21, 12 6:31 PM
The ending made no sense at all! Just chopped off in the middle of the last chapter!

I was truly liking this game. Now I'm just pissed off.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Apr 23, 12 6:19 PM
I find that the tips in the forum is a great forum to decide what games to buy and I bought this one. Great game, beautiful graphics and good HOS scenes. I would have liked some voiceovers tho..to hear the nasty ice queen whenever she thinks she's winning, but like everyone else here, the ending did NOT make any sense!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 25, 12 9:34 AM
endofmonth wrote:The ending made no sense at all! Just chopped off in the middle of the last chapter!

I was truly liking this game. Now I'm just pissed off.

I bought the CE in the CE sale, and am glad I did, because the main game finishes unfinished. SPOILER ALERT Mouse over white area to see: Only in the bonus game do you get to rescue Edward. End of SPOILER ALERT

And when the bonus game finishes, it tells you that: Living Legends: Frozen Beauty will be coming soon...

bmgj8
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by bmgj8 on Apr 25, 12 11:48 AM
I finished the first part finally, but when I started the second part, I got mixed up as to where I was. I then went back to the main picture, and reclicked the extras part, but it started me at the very begining of the game. How bout fixing the second part, so incase you get mixed up, you can go to the extras section, and beging again in the second part instead of the very begining. Thats a waist of my time. I'm putting this game on the back burner for awhile. I have other things to do than wasting my time playing all day. Sorry, had to vent. It is a beautiful game, but so detailed.

how about the ending

[Post New]by grannybiehl on Apr 26, 12 8:35 AM
i know we can't give away the endings of the games, but wow i never thought this game would end like this. what do you think? must going to be a 2nd one i sure hope so really enjoyed this game i too am kind of slow playing but i had no trouble with this one. have a nice day

[Post New]by WaterDreamer on Apr 26, 12 1:35 PM

nelliegemini wrote:

(my bolds)

SO, is this a penalty for not buying the CE. Shameful ending... bad practice

I have been playing adventure games with BF for years and rarely post comments however, I am making an exception with this game. The abrupt cut-off of the story for an ending in the SE version was totally unacceptable for me as well. I have never experienced such a drastic let down with any of the other BF games I have purchased and certainly hope this practice will not become the rule. Otherwise, enjoyed the beautiful, clear graphics and story line.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 27, 12 8:16 PM
I'm hoping the end means there will be another??? Weird. Liked the game and found it to be enjoyable without having to refer to the walkthrough until the end chapter and the mirrors. Never would have figured that one out. Hope that if there is another, there will be a satisfying ending.

Go to: