bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Criminal Minds technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 21, 12 12:40 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Criminal Minds technical issues here only

[Post New]by evey70 on Apr 21, 12 2:34 AM
I have come to a stand still in the game to go further i need a knife and scissors to get the ladder off the van and the knife i used in the eveidence box dissappered and i never got scissors from when i was looking for evidence under the stairs. I was just was if this is an issue or if i can get these supplies eleswhere though i have looked everywhere.

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Apr 21, 12 2:41 AM
I have the exact same problem as Evey70. I'm wondering if this is a glitch in the game? It is a shame as i was really enjoying it untill this happenend.

XxXxXx

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 21, 12 4:11 AM
Same problem here! The w/through says use the scissors on the evidence box, but I used the knife, never got the scissors (did go back to look for them) and the knife has gone now too.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 21, 12 4:45 AM
You find the scissors in the original scene (outside) on the ground. I believe you must first make the gardener leave. It's also mentioned in the W/T.

ETA: I also used the knife first, on the evidence box, and got the scissors later.

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 4:46:30 AM PST

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 21, 12 5:23 AM
The problem i had is after i downloaded this game I couldn't play it because it said a DLL file was missing. Any one else find this problem

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Apr 21, 12 6:51 AM
So if you did not pick up the scissors at the begining then you can't continue with the game, you'd have to start over? If that is the case i deffinately won't be buying the game, i was feeling sorry for this game too with all the bad reviews it is getting.......

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 21, 12 8:12 AM
abiloo wrote:So if you did not pick up the scissors at the begining then you can't continue with the game, you'd have to start over? If that is the case i deffinately won't be buying the game, i was feeling sorry for this game too with all the bad reviews it is getting.......

No, it's not like you have to start over. All you have to do is go back to the scene and pick the scissors up -- at least that's all I had to do anyway.

[Post New]by stargatejackdan on Apr 21, 12 10:15 AM
my problem is i cant get the screwdriver to open the grate in the park

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 21, 12 10:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like a few of you are running into problems collecting the scissors or other items. I would recommend taking a look at the Criminal Minds Walkthrough to make sure that all the items were gathered. You can also use that walkthrough to backtrack and grab them if they were missed.

If that isn't helping and you're still having problems with missing items, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

gks1951,

DLL errors generally occur when a packaged installer with the game isn't accepted. This usually is DirectX or another software program needed by the game. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and watching for any additional installers during that process to see if that helps. If that's not working to get the game running, I would contact our Tech Support team so they can help with that.

I hope those suggestions help, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 21, 12 11:06 AM
In every HOG scene, there are a few items listed in a foreign language or just garbled up letters, on my screen??? Most are in English, but sorry, using a hint to find things not listed in English is not going to work for me. I don't like using the hint button, unless absolutely necessary. Is this just a weird glitch in the game?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 12 11:26 AM
stargatejackdan wrote:my problem is i cant get the screwdriver to open the grate in the park

You have to point the point of the screwdriver at each screw, otherwise it won't work.

lilTweet7 wrote:In every HOG scene, there are a few items listed in a foreign language or just garbled up letters, on my screen??? Most are in English, but sorry, using a hint to find things not listed in English is not going to work for me. I don't like using the hint button, unless absolutely necessary. Is this just a weird glitch in the game?

If you had taken the tutorial (or read my review) LOL you would know that those scrambled words are part of the hidden object scene game. You have to find question marks and click on them, and the scrambled words will be unscrambled. Or you figure out for yourself what they mean and then look for the objects in question.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 21, 12 7:18 PM
Thanks Valdy. A few others have informed me. Appreciate it. And yes, I was too hasty. I don't have a lot of time to spend reading the forum messages. I have a pretty busy life. I just download the games, and try out the demos. If I have time, I jump to the forums to read a few game reviews and leave a message. I rarely go to the forum boards. I've been a member since 2006, and only written a couple of hundred messages. That should tell you something But thanks for the heads up!

I will try my best in the future to do better in sifting through all the messages, in order to catch all the finer points and details, but I doubt that will become a reality. I usually never do tutorials either, as I fine them unecessary (for me), but perhaps I will reconsider. Really did not feel it was necessary, but see, you proved me wrong.

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 7:28:26 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 22, 12 1:45 AM
lilTweet7 wrote:Thanks Valdy. A few others have informed me. Appreciate it. And yes, I was too hasty. I don't have a lot of time to spend reading the forum messages. I have a pretty busy life. I just download the games, and try out the demos. If I have time, I jump to the forums to read a few game reviews and leave a message. I rarely go to the forum boards. I've been a member since 2006, and only written a couple of hundred messages. That should tell you something But thanks for the heads up!

I will try my best in the future to do better in sifting through all the messages, in order to catch all the finer points and details, but I doubt that will become a reality. I usually never do tutorials either, as I fine them unecessary (for me), but perhaps I will reconsider. Really did not feel it was necessary, but see, you proved me wrong.

Okaaaayyyy.... LOL

I consider myself an advanced player, but I always take the tutorial, because games like Tearstone have taught me that you never know when you come across a game where something new and bewildering has been added. And it only takes a minute.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

[Post New]by missyb09 on Apr 23, 12 1:30 PM
I am unable to start the game. It tells me that Microsoft Visual C++ cannot continue because it might be the wrong version. I meet all the requirements to play the game. I am unhappy because I love Criminal Minds and have been waiting to play this game for a long time.

COOLAZTAB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by COOLAZTAB on Apr 23, 12 2:50 PM
missyb09 wrote:I am unable to start the game. It tells me that Microsoft Visual C++ cannot continue because it might be the wrong version. I meet all the requirements to play the game. I am unhappy because I love Criminal Minds and have been waiting to play this game for a long time.

I have tried to play this game and get the same message. I checked the help pages and found no mention of this issue at all. I would really like to play this game. I tried to uninstall and install it again and got the same message. What can I do to fix this problem?

[Post New]by mcbrass on Apr 23, 12 6:53 PM
I was able to play the trial version, however when I purchased the full version and activated it, I can no longer play the game, It will appear to load and go through the initial scene and end up on the main page were you see your name and can choose to play. When I click on play, the screen goes black for a second, then it closes out completely. I even deleted it and re-downloaded it. Same issue.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 3:15 AM
missyb09 and COOLAZTAB, it's possible you need to run some updates. Tech Support can help you with that.

mcbrass, it sounds like something may have gone wrong with the save data of your game, as you were able to play just fine during the trial. I recommend getting in touch with Tech Support so they can run you through the steps to correct this issue.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by doowats on Apr 24, 12 2:26 PM
Anyone having issues finding the van keys? I have the crowbar and in fact have advanced well past that point but now I'm officially stuck. Thanks!

[Post New]by Shaydeangel3 on Apr 24, 12 6:50 PM
I am trying to find the necklace underneath the sign. It won't pick anything up at all.
I clicked and clicked and won't work. Anyone else had a hard time? I need this necklace to continue further in the game. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Go to: