shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Criminal Minds

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 21, 12 12:55 AM
Hello everyone - happy Saturday to you. I will be interested to see the comments and opinions on this game. I hope that it's a good game and the fans of the television show are not disappointed. I will check back later to see what the general consensus is. Enjoy your day and happy gaming.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Comments for Criminal Minds

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 21, 12 1:14 AM
As I sort of expected here comes another TV show game that the DEV is solely relying on fans of the said show to buy it without putting much time and money or effort into gameplay. It's like I am playing a 5 yr old H O game and not that good one to start with.

Where do I start? Let's start at the graphics. The cardboard cutouts 'placed' in a scene with no depth or attempt to merge them with the background - most have a 'halo' round them, like they were badly photo-shopped. The puzzles graphics are so bad and they open up in a box. The cutscenes are blurry and badly pixelated.

It's a shame as the main graphics in scenes aren't that bad (they aren't good either).

Also there are black bars down my NON widescreen laptop so it doesn't even open in fullscreen, really in this day and age?

Trying to be positive (taking a deep breath), the hidden object scenes are clear and not that bad! And the most positive thing about the game which I hope at least will be something is the plot. There are 2 stories.

I wouldn't even buy this at DD price. I'd give it for plot and clear, not tiny hidden object scenes. Personally for my taste, it's .

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 1:51:50 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 21, 12 1:39 AM
I'm kind of disappointed in this game. I guess I expected a lot more from it. Like gingergal said, the characters just look stuck in place. I didn't hear any voiceovers or anything, either. The H O scenes are really crowded, and the graphics in general look pretty grainy to me.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 21, 12 1:44 AM
Graphics look ok on my screen, not sure what y'all are seeing. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but looks to me like a kinda relaxing game. I turned the sound down once I realized there aren't voiceovers, and so have police radio on...kinda fits, lol. I played the first part and decided to buy. Dang I miss all those pccs...they were real easy to get when we had two CEs a week, and a lot slower coming in now.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 21, 12 1:53 AM
Glad you're liking it, WolfenRaindancer! I think by the graphics I meant everything isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be. LoL. I've played two games back-to-back that had really lovely artwork, so I guess maybe my eyeballs got used to that!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 21, 12 2:37 AM
This game is ridiculous. You're interrogating a suspect and ............ playing Mahjong at the same time? Gimme a break!

Then you have to do colouring-in. What are we, 12?

The fingerprint puzzle is pathetic. That other one, on the plane, an unborn child could solve it. Match the pairs - my cat could do that.

They have made a travesty out of a really excellent TV series and made the characters look foolish.

It had better get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

All it has in it's favour so far is that it plays well. Can't even praise the graphics.

Come on devs, where are you? 1990?

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Apr 21, 12 2:47 AM
I really wanted to like this game but this is the worst game I have ever played. It does seem that this game was just slapped together and the Devs hoped everyone would like it because it is based on a popular tv series.......I wouldn't even take the game for free and for me, that is saying alot. Sorry, BFG......I know you try your best to bring us great games but this is not one of them......those of you who like it, enjoy.....

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 21, 12 2:52 AM
I'm one of the fans of the show that is going to use a PCC to
buy the game. Is it great? No, but I am enjoying it. Graphics are
OK on my computer, even the small tiles for the Mahjong are
clear.

I like that you get to play as the different characters and am
looking forward to more from the others as Rossi is my
least favorite. From a quick scan of the walkthrough, it
appears to be a nice length.

Sometimes a nice, bright, easy game can be a lot of
fun. Even if it is about solving a murder.

ETA: Finished the game and I did enjoy it and would gladly pay
for a sequel if there ever is one. Nice touch in the credits, thanking
the actors from the TV show.

Edited on 04/24/2012 at 10:32:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 12 4:25 AM
I am not a fan of the show - don't watch it. But I do like this game. It's easy going, and even the lab work, i.e. fingerprints identifying and such, is easy going, which I prefer.

I still had one PCC and used it to purchase this game. The graphics are far better than they looked in the screenshots and in the walkthrough. And like WolfenRaindancer said, it's a relaxing game. Of course, you can't compare this game with games from ERS or Elephant Games (just beta tested their latest - oooh... what a game to look forward to), but all in all, a decent game with decent graphics.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 21, 12 4:57 AM
I like this game and have just "solved" the first case. Does anyone know if this programme has been shown in the UK as I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting?

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 21, 12 5:09 AM
Downloading now. I will more than likely purchase, even though I'm not expecting to like the game, just because of my love for Criminal Minds

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 21, 12 5:21 AM
bradalex wrote:I like this game and have just "solved" the first case. Does anyone know if this programme has been shown in the UK as I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting?

Bradalex... if you have SKY then you can watch it on "Sky Living TV", you can even watch it online. My DH bought the DVDs for a series or 2.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Apr 21, 12 6:25 AM
What a waste of time that was. Do the devs really think anyone would buy something this? I hated it and I am not buying it at any price.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 21, 12 7:09 AM
I love the show, but this game does not do the show justice. It could have been much better. Big disappointment.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Apr 21, 12 7:14 AM
Imberis wrote:I'm kind of disappointed in this game. I guess I expected a lot more from it. Like gingergal said, the characters just look stuck in place. I didn't hear any voiceovers or anything, either. The H O scenes are really crowded, and the graphics in general look pretty grainy to me.

DITTO When I saw the name I had high hopes as I am a fan of this TV series. BUT : The figures seem cut and paste..no voice overs so ..read...read...read.Played the demo and it's a "no buy" for me..guess I'll do the laundry. which will make someone happy..though not me

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 21, 12 7:19 AM
I just want to say that I enjoyed it. Really makes a change from the fantasy stuff that's usually churned out game after game.

All those that say it's the worst game ever or hated it - you've obviously not played
L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.!! THAT'S the worst game ever!

Each to their own I suppose, but a seconds wait between scenes and two black lines down the side does not make a dreadful game imo. I remember having to wait 20 mins for a game to upload and having to wait to change umpteen discs.

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 7:21:10 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 21, 12 7:46 AM
Why are people complaining there aren't voice overs in a standard edition game? Have voice overs become the norm? It's like complaining there isn't a strategy guide.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 21, 12 8:38 AM
How would people say it compares to say, one of the James Patterson's Woman's Murder Club games, so far as the forensic puzzles go?

I've never seen the TV show so have no idea of anything related to it. I was just curious how you think it compares to an older investigative game.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 21, 12 9:09 AM
I love this T.V show so I am downloading now. Hopefully the game is as good as the show.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 21, 12 9:38 AM
textrekkie wrote:How would people say it compares to say, one of the James Patterson's Woman's Murder Club games, so far as the forensic puzzles go?

I've never seen the TV show so have no idea of anything related to it. I was just curious how you think it compares to an older investigative game.

Loved Murder Club. Fun to play, interesting, pretty scenery and from what I remember the forensic puzzles were much better. In fact everything about it was superior to this game as far as I'm concerned.

Watch the T.V. show sometime, its a good one.

Go to: