bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

Painting the Die

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Apr 22, 12 12:15 PM
Is anyone else having trouble putting the dots on the die? I can put the brush in the paint but then the paint won't go on the die. Someone please help.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Painting the Die

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 22, 12 2:09 PM
Hi bpfrimmer,

After taking a look through for you I was able to find one player who was able to get past this part this way:

Ololosha wrote:You have to put on the table brush, clean die and a glass of wine. Then take the brush, apply for a glass, and then apply the brush on the bone three times.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by LadyJo007a on Apr 22, 12 2:33 PM
I have been trying to paint the dice and can't get the one to paint. I have tried every series of three that I can think of and can't get it to work. If anyone had success with getting it painted please help.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 22, 12 2:39 PM
I had no problems with this.

You put the brush onto the table.
You put the cup with the wine (paint) onto the table.
You put the blank die onto the table.

You take the brush and dip it into the wine (paint).
You use the brush on the blank die and click on it. Do this three times.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Apr 22, 12 4:01 PM
I had trouble with this also. I had to click( holding the brush with paint on it) in multiple areas around the die before it finally put the spots on. Very annoying, I really hate it when you have to click on the exact tiny spot before the game will acknowlege that you did it right. Also ran into this in some of the HOS scenes.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Apr 22, 12 5:11 PM
Valdy wrote:I had no problems with this.

I had trouble doing this also even after doing what Valdy said. I tried again and realized how easy this is, I was trying to paint each side of the dice. Secret is after doing all the above you click on the die and magnify glass appears click on die and dice is automatically painted. Hope this helps someone to go forward in this great game

grandmoma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by grandmoma on Apr 23, 12 6:26 PM
I tried and tried and used up all my time trying to paint the die.....came back to read the help here twice.....so I give up!

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Apr 24, 12 7:16 AM
grandmoma wrote:I tried and tried and used up all my time trying to paint the die.....came back to read the help here twice.....so I give up!

Please do not give up it try again. If you have all the items needed and dipped your brush in the red ink all you do is zoom in on the dice, the game put the dots on it for me as soon as I did that. I hope this helps you please let us know if you try again and if you still have problems. Life is too short not to have fun and this game for me is FUN But its not fun when you get stuck in the game and give up I nearly did that with painting the dice until I found the secret is up close and personal zoom view by clicking on dice can't remember if I was holding the brush maybe someone else can explain it better.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Apr 24, 12 11:59 AM
Most games have us point the arrow of the cursor at the item to complete our tasks. However some games, and this is one, have you place the little eyeglass over the item which is off-putting at best. I got this on one try only because I had played a game a while back where this had been the case. That game drove me nuts and I only figured the answer out it out by accident!
I hope this helps......

Edited on 04/24/2012 at 12:01:02 PM PST

[Post New]by sdGamer on Apr 25, 12 7:45 AM
I tried all of the above suggestions twice and came back here again. No luck with the dice. I can't move foreward. It was a great game, I'm going to delete it now.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 26, 12 3:24 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're having trouble getting through this part in the game, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to apply the recent update to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 26, 12 3:29 AM
Sherryah wrote:
Valdy wrote:I had no problems with this.

I had trouble doing this also even after doing what Valdy said. I tried again and realized how easy this is, I was trying to paint each side of the dice. Secret is after doing all the above you click on the die and magnify glass appears click on die and dice is automatically painted. Hope this helps someone to go forward in this great game

That's what I said: You use the brush on the blank die and "click on it".
I think that most peeps wanted to "brush over" the die rather than just pointing it at the die and then clicking. That's probably what causes the problem.

Go to: