Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Feb 16, 18 11:38 PM
Hey Jules,

I really wish tech support was more helpful for you. All you can do is keep trying with them and hope they figure out what the problem is. Perhaps if there is another update soon it will sort itself out. So weird that it seems to only be affecting you. It is such a shame that a loyal and great GD player is no longer able to enjoy the game.

Best regards
Glitter

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Feb 17, 18 12:17 AM
Completed Everest late at night didn't turn off left the game open on my tablet next morning claimed my Everest rewards and had no lives at all let alone infinite lives for an hour. Anyone else have this bad luck?

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 17, 18 12:53 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:Completed Everest late at night didn't turn off left the game open on my tablet next morning claimed my Everest rewards and had no lives at all let alone infinite lives for an hour. Anyone else have this bad luck?

No lives after not playing the game for several hours suggests you have a problem with the game, similar to jules with lives not regenerating. Regarding the infinite lives for one hour, that starts as soon as you complete level 5 of Everest. The only way to delay it is not to complete level 5 until you have the time free to use.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 17, 18 2:18 AM
The trick to delaying the Everest infinite lives worked for me every time I used it in the past, including the last one, which I did manage to get somehow. I didn't have two hours spare when the challenge time was up, as usual, so in order to at least have some chance of getting it, the trick is, to actually complete level 5 prior to the time ending, touch the completed button, but when the CLAIM button page comes up, DO NOT CLAIM IT. Just leave it turned on, charging if you have to walk away for a time in case it runs out of battery, and do NOT go off the page, do NOT play any other game, do nothing, but when you are ready, touch the claim button and you have the two hours of inifinite lives then. Its a shame it didn't work for some reason for you Froggieloveyou this last time, but it should have. Unless they have altered something in your latest update, just like my latest update has stuffed up the time on my game, but that Everest thing did work for me.

And thank you all for your support, I appreciate it. I just wish I wasn't having all these other issues. I do now have 5 lives, somehow, it counted down normally again after waiting this morning for all those hours, but I simply haven't had any time to play anything today, will do so later when I go to bed. I might even get the last level on the marathon before that times out. Heres hoping anyway.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 2:19:55 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 17, 18 7:48 AM
Just finished the first monument in Bejing. It is Tiananmen Square. For those of us old enough to remember, my description of that location would have been different than the one written by the developers. Just Saying.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 17, 18 8:42 AM
I remember the news reports about Tiananmen Square.

I'm still seeing Beijing as coming soon. That's okay, I'm still in the 90s in Miami.

Edited on 02/17/2018 at 8:44:14 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 18, 18 11:46 AM
No Beijing here yet - they seem very slow with updates down here!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 18, 18 1:56 PM
No Beijing here yet either, but then, I have enough other issues. Seems to have settled down again, so onward and upward for the moment, till it strikes my ipad again. I do still have to leave it open to regenerate lives, however, they are now taking the normal 20 mins to go again so thats much better. It might seem like I need to outlay an absolute fortune to apple to buy a new ipad, one that will now take the latest IOS as my ipad 3, which has never missed a beat and still works brilliantly, (except for GD) cannot now take the latest IOS. I am so wanting to give apple a big serve for their complete contempt for customers who pay loads of money for these things, boost their annual profit line, then assume that the customer will be happy to fork out another fortune not too many years down the track to buy a whole new one. We are such a throw away society now, I hate it, but might not have any choice shortly but to buy a new one, and in Australia, these things are not cheap. I might consider an ipad mini, but the latest one of those with 128gb is close to AU$600 so its NOT cheap.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 18, 18 2:51 PM
My iPad can't update to iOS 11 either. Sigh. I have games on here that I love that are no longer in the App Store, so I'll be dragging my feet on getting a new iPad a while longer. Yes, I could just juggle two iPads, I know.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 18, 18 4:37 PM
lordkalvan, if it were me, I would juggle the two ipads for sure. If I do get a new one, I will not be getting rid of this as it works beautifully still and has still got great battery life, I use it for so much else besides games. Its probably a matter of when I get a new one, not if, but I think I might try the ipad mini instead of the larger ipad, which is cumbersome to carry around in a bag etc, the mini is still a good size screen and a convenient size for travelling and taking places. And the memory is much larger as well. But I will hang on as long as I can till I spend the money, and will check out other buying options too.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Feb 19, 18 9:04 AM
When I purchased my iPad Air, I got an Apple Refurbished unit - saved about $200US and never had any problems with it.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 19, 18 10:09 AM
Look at tablets other than Ipads. If you are connected on Facebook I'm assuming that you would be able to port the content of GD to an Android device, although I don't know for sure.
To be honest, I've always felt Apple products were grossly overpriced.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 19, 18 10:47 AM
No Beijing - seems a 3 day difference so far from Ssmowmanvt

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 19, 18 11:32 AM
iOS is often 7 to 10 days longer than android. Different iOS app stores are sometimes 2 to 3 days different for some reason. Oh and here in the USA Today is a federal holiday. I wouldn't expect the App Store to give me anything over this three day weekend. Perhaps tomorrow.

Edited on 02/19/2018 at 11:34:19 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 19, 18 12:14 PM
I've got Beijing on Android. That must have been what yesterday's update was for. Milan coming soon.....

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 19, 18 1:53 PM
I too think apple products are grossly overpriced. I will not buy an iphone, don't need to spend over AU$1000 on a phone, but I do like the ipads. In Australia, generally the costs of these things are far more than elsewhere in the world as the cost of living here is quite high in comparison to the US. We pay far more for things generally and I used to buy a lot of things on ebay from the US as the postage used to be reasonable and even with the cost of that added to the item, it was still cheaper to buy from there, but not any more as the US postage rates have gone up incredibly high and the sellers seem to be locked into a shipping program which has unbelievably high rates so its no longer a viable option to purchase from them. Which is a shame for them as they lose business over it, but I can't change the postal costs. I will check out refurbished and other options before I end up buying any new ipad, there are lots of options and I am not in any hurry so it gives me plenty of time to do my research and get a good deal.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 19, 18 3:19 PM
Jules - GD had a post on Facebook this morning, a simple one about which gummy you would shift. In the comments there were several people who seem to have the exact same problem as you with the regenerating lives etc so I think you are definitely not alone in this problem!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 19, 18 5:20 PM
Thanks for the tip Trav3lbird, I just checked their page on fb, I forget they even have one as although I am connected to fb for the game and rare use, I hardly ever look at it and never post to their fb page, but its interesting reading all the comments. It would appear that at any given time, there are countless thousands of players having issues with all sorts of aspects of the game, and endless requests to GD to just FIX it up. I know I don't fork out real money (apart from once buying the life lifter a long time ago) but whether you pay for it or not, they should surely be able to fix the game, but I feel particuarly for people who fork out money and get diddly squat in the way of fixing it up to make the game work. Come on GD, you do have the tech people and the know how to make it work, and you earn an absolute fortune from this game, its quite probably in the multi millions of dollars, so FIX it for all players. The glitches and issues are just endless.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 19, 18 5:54 PM
I'm not connected to fb and my game has no problems at all, sounds like fb has tech problems not GD.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 19, 18 6:41 PM
I rarely play connected to fb, I just have a fb account, and I only connect to the internet and therefore fb, rarely, when doing an update or like recently having to delete and re install the entire game. I don't think its a fb problem at all, too many players have glitches with this game on a permanent ongoing basis for it to just be fb and not all those are fb people at all. I play offline all the time and there are still issues, but normally, i dont have many glitches, its only been since Miami update that I have had issues this time. I am hoping that when the Beijing update hits my ipad, that these issues will be over for me.

Go to: