bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 23, 12 2:31 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 23, 12 2:47 PM
tech issue..have shovel, thank you! But after finding the keyes to the box I'd just dug up, the game backed up and will not let me open the box ..
Ikris

Re:Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 23, 12 2:48 PM
tech issue..have shovel, thank you! But after finding the keyes to the box I'd just dug up, the game backed up and will not let me open the box ..
Ikris

[Post New]by RoseRed7834 on Apr 23, 12 3:25 PM
What really tics me off is when I download the trial version, then go to play it, it tells me "Trial Expired" even before I get to play any of it. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Same thing. So I gave up.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Apr 23, 12 5:49 PM
Can't find shovel in tree-HOScene in garden, hints say nothing left to loot, but shovel is still listed.
Strategy guide shows item, but it is not there in the game.
Please find a fix soon as I liked this game and you know what a CE costs.

HDCLASSIC
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HDCLASSIC on Apr 23, 12 6:59 PM
I also have no shovel, Please nlet me know if there is a fix for this

[Post New]by angel4allanimals on Apr 23, 12 8:08 PM
I can't even get the game to download..I keep getting Error Code 6

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 23, 12 8:57 PM
This is just a thank-you to the techies who devised the fix for the shovel problem. Finished the game and the extra! Couldn't have done it without you and the shovel.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 3:02 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you not seeing a shovel, please go ahead and give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try, it should apply the new available version out on our website.

I can also recommend the game thing for you Fishies experiencing trial expired errors and the error 6 when downloading.

kris_cross48, I'm not totally sure whether this is a technical issue, but if you feel this could be a glitch, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support.

For anyone else having technical trouble not corrected by reinstalling the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Apr 24, 12 8:10 AM
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I finished the game and now I am playing the bonus game. Unfortunately, the second oar is not there and the guide is no help. I am at another impasse. Could use some help at this point, please.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Apr 24, 12 10:16 AM
I found the 2nd oar, not with any help from the guide as part of it is missing. I finished the game and am still impressed that it is a good game minus the glitches.

[Post New]by palomaa1 on Apr 24, 12 11:50 AM
Alas, I also cannot open the chest,
Think we need another fix!

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Apr 24, 12 12:43 PM
I downloaded the update. My pearls disappeared so I have no beads. The pearls seem to fall off the bottom of the screen. I saw them where I should and then they were gone.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 24, 12 3:02 PM
I started from scratch after uninstalling and reinstalling..got through everything, even the box until the bonus game...now it is an oar issue. I cannot play this game another time, can't do it without losing my mind.
kris

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 24, 12 3:13 PM
I cannot open chest in cemetary Put all three keys in and chest just sits there like a bump on a log. LOL. I have exotic key but chest won't take it to play puzzle. I cannot go any farther because I need the cup to get holy water for the skeleton. Seems to be a slight glitch .

cujo126
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by cujo126 on Apr 24, 12 4:08 PM
ditto on the chest fiasco...put in the 3 keys and the puzzle never came up..so i am stuck with an exotic key that does nothing...i installed the update today but cant finish the game without the cup for holy water

ziptzapt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re: technical issues here only...TELESCOPE!

[Post New]by ziptzapt on Apr 24, 12 7:02 PM
Has anyone reported the problem with the telescope when it fails to function if the ship's wheel is assembled first? I am unable to get anything but the island into view. Neither the focus (+) nor the left/right arrows do anything and I really don't wish to restart the whole friggin' game.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Apr 25, 12 2:17 AM
Same problem here with the chest in the cemetary, put all 3 keys in locks and nothing, i uninstalled the game and reinstalled thinking that would sort the problem out but no i have 1 key that i cant do anything with....

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 25, 12 3:40 AM
I had the chest issue. also..hate to tell you what I had to do to get past it...uninstall and reinstall the whole game, taking all files out of my computer. Reinstalled with newest game and ..sigh- played it again with a new name. Got to the chest part and "whew" got past it.
Sorry, that worked but it took a long time. As well as I liked this game, the bugs just took the heart out of me. Am soooooo glad it's finished, isn't that a shame?
kris

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 25, 12 5:21 AM
Kris_ cross48, how do you delete files for this game to reinstall it. Does one have to uninstall first? Appreciate your help as I can't get into chest.

Go to: