bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water forum

[Post New]by champlyn on Jan 30, 09 5:48 AM
I ran into a problem right away. On the mini game where you have to fill the 4th jug with water, I never could get any water into the 4th jug. I would put water in the 2nd or 3rd jug, click on that jug, then click on the 4th jug but nothing ever happened. Anyone else have this problem? I finally skipped it and went on but I don't want to buy a game that doesn't work properly all the way through. If I'm doing something wrong let me know. Thanks.

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 30, 09 5:57 AM
Hi Champlyn.

There's nothing working improperly about that particular mini-game. The trick is that you have to pour exactly 4 gallons into the last jug. No more, no less.

So you have to pour water between the other jars until you have exactly 4 gallons (which only the 5 gallon jar would be able to hold) and then pour that into the final jug.

There are a couple of different ways to get exactly 4 gallons. If you want, I can explain the exact steps of one of the solutions. Just let me know and I'll make a post with some spoiler tags.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 5:58:26 AM PST

shauna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shauna on Jan 30, 09 6:37 AM
I have finished the game in the relaxed mode - as Atl, the Water sister - and am working through the timed mode. I skipped about half the mini-games already, as some of them were too much for me to easily work through. Some of them were easier than I thought they would be, also - I think I solved them almost by chance rather than skill.

However, the whole 'flowers' hints thing - and the 'click three things fast to get a flower' - is pretty good. Made it really easy for me to get through the first half of the game before I ran out of time. I did buy it so I could finish it in both modes.

Only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't play the game twice as the same player - once in each mode, basically - to get a comparison, of sorts.

I have already noticed that the Gods are in a different order in the timed mode versus the relaxed mode.

lomeara
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lomeara on Jan 30, 09 7:41 AM
Hi, I've downloaded the demo and it won't run at all, just a black screen straight after launch then hangs. I haven't had any problems with Big Fish games before - has anyone got any suggestions.
Ta

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 30, 09 7:43 AM
Another demo I couldn't play because of an uncontrollable curser.

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 30, 09 8:08 AM
lomeara wrote:Hi, I've downloaded the demo and it won't run at all, just a black screen straight after launch then hangs. I haven't had any problems with Big Fish games before - has anyone got any suggestions.
Ta

My first suggestion is to contact the BigFish customer support for any performance problem.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/help

However, in my experience black screen display problems are usually associated with video card issues. Having the latest drivers very often corrects this error.

Hope you're able to enjoy the game soon!

[Post New]by justjo67 on Jan 30, 09 9:27 AM
I think it would be a great game if the mouse control wasn't so jerky.

[Post New]by Susan101 on Jan 30, 09 9:36 AM
lomeara wrote:Hi, I've downloaded the demo and it won't run at all, just a black screen straight after launch then hangs. I haven't had any problems with Big Fish games before - has anyone got any suggestions.
Ta

I also had this same problem with an " Error: Access Violation at 0x7C91084B (tried to write to 0x00040FF0) Program Terminated" message beneath the black screen.
Does anyone know how to fix this?? I have been having same or similar problems with far too many of the games here of late and am truly disappointed by this development, and by the long waits when trying to reach customer service, which by the way, used to be excellent! I hope someone can help. PS: my video card drivers and direct x are all up to date

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 9:49:28 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 09 10:02 AM
Welcome to the pond Susan!

You need to email customer support (click the green envelope in the bottom right corner, then click it again on the next page, then fill out the form and wait a few days). It can shorten the process if you run DxDiag and then save the results to a text file, and attach that to the customer support request when you make it. If you haven't ever done that before, there's a FAQ about it, or you can wait and the customer support person will tell you how.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 30, 09 10:48 AM
Susan101 wrote:
Ta

I also had this same problem with an " Error: Access Violation at 0x7C91084B (tried to write to 0x00040FF0) Program Terminated" message beneath the black screen.
Does anyone know how to fix this?? I have been having same or similar problems with far too many of the games here of late and am truly disappointed by this development, and by the long waits when trying to reach customer service, which by the way, used to be excellent! I hope someone can help. PS: my video card drivers and direct x are all up to date

Hi Susan!

Lordkalvan is right about the dxdiag file. However, when you say your video card drivers and DirectX are up to date, are you sure that your video card itself (the hardware) is FULLY compatible with DirectX 9.0c. Mine wasn't, and I had to upgrade the card itself to play some of the newer games here. You can check this out by going to the website of the manufacturer of your card. I've made some other posts on here that go into more detail about this...just do a search for "video card" or "DirectX 9.0c"

HTH!

[Post New]by champlyn on Jan 30, 09 12:25 PM
There's nothing working improperly about that particular mini-game. The trick is that you have to pour exactly 4 gallons into the last jug. No more, no less.

So you have to pour water between the other jars until you have exactly 4 gallons (which only the 5 gallon jar would be able to hold) and then pour that into the final jug.

There are a couple of different ways to get exactly 4 gallons. If you want, I can explain the exact steps of one of the solutions. Just let me know and I'll make a post with some spoiler tags.
[i]

I didn't realize that. DUH!!! I was trying to pour 2 gallons in and then I was going to pour another 2 in. I'll try your way next time. Thanks!!I

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jan 30, 09 12:38 PM
champlyn wrote:There's nothing working improperly about that particular mini-game. The trick is that you have to pour exactly 4 gallons into the last jug. No more, no less.

[i]

I didn't realize that. DUH!!! I was trying to pour 2 gallons in and then I was going to pour another 2 in. I'll try your way next time. Thanks!!I

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jan 30, 09 12:40 PM
I just can't seem to wrap my head around the jugs of water either. I don't usually do this, but can someone help me with this? If you'd prefer to send a hint by PM that's fine...I'd sure hate to spoil it for anyone else!
Thanks ya'll!

pb_2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pb_2 on Jan 30, 09 12:56 PM
What's with the jerky cursor? The thing seems to have a mind of it's own. It suddenly shoots across to the other side of the screen, and is very difficult to actually get the cursor to go where you are trying to place it. This is incredibly frustrating as you spend most of your time trying to make the cursor line up on an hidden object. If I could, I'd reach into my monitor and smack it upside it's head! Can't this be corrected? I'm not the only person who seems to have this annoying glitch.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 09 1:21 PM
I just posted my solution to the jugs of water, in a separate thread here (so people who don't want spoilers can avoid it and those who are stuck can find it more easily).

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Jan 30, 09 2:34 PM
I won't be buying this game. The graphics were good but the story line, narrative and characters were terrible, far to cheesy and annoying. You can view your item list two ways, by list or individually by image. I thought the image view made the game far to easy. You could find all items in less that 40 seconds. The minigames were not interesting. I'm not a soduku fan so the game lost me after that.

[Post New]by ladytee20019 on Jan 30, 09 4:02 PM
I had a problem with cursor not showing after installation, I uninstalled the game twice and the problem still exist. I gave up after doing the re-install for the second time, this is the second bfg game I've had problems with the cursor.

[Post New]by brendam4 on Jan 30, 09 5:25 PM
Is the game worth buying as far as length of time it takes to get through? I have just played the free trial and found I got through a lot of levels in that hour. Does it get harder as it goes along?

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 5:26:51 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 09 6:06 PM
Each level has even more items to find. I bought the game the first day (as TGT) and I'm still only about half done. Of course, this wasn't the weekend, so I wasn't spending an hour at a time on it.

Go to: