bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Campgrounds technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Post any Campgrounds technical issues here only

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 24, 12 4:26 AM
All I'm getting is little black box that pops up, then the screen flashes continuously. Then I have to use the task manager to end the process. Checked for driver updates. I have the latest.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 5:55 AM
i hope they figure it out fairy,,,its a really fun game

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 24, 12 7:41 AM
Is anyone else having issues with it being jerky? Everything moving slow and always seeming to be one click behind? Is this a video card issue or should I uninstall and try again?

Karisima
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Karisima on Apr 24, 12 7:46 AM
My curser is moving so slow that I cant get any thing done in a good time
very annoying.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 8:49 AM
Karisima wrote:My curser is moving so slow that I cant get any thing done in a good time
very annoying.

sometimes if you disable the custom curser, and use the regular windows curser that will take care of your problem

mkastor......my game is running fine,, i would try to reinstall, or close any background programs you may have

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Apr 24, 12 9:58 AM
Whenever I try to play it comes up with Access Violation and won't open. Has anyone else had this problem? I have Windows 7 so I shouldn't have a problem but I do. I've contacted Big Fish Games and asked for their help but just wondered if anyone else had the same problem who could help me. This is the type of game I love and really want to be able to play it.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 24, 12 10:06 AM
The game is working fine, except it doesn't always register my click to build or upgrade. I have the people, I have the resources, but a lot of times I have to click 2 or 3 times to get them to go build. I don't have any trouble clicking on the money.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 24, 12 10:42 AM
My game loaded OK and I was able to play the first 7 levels with no problems at all.

On the 8th level the game froze when I was building my second trailer and neither Escape nor Ctrl-Alt-Del worked and the only way I could get out of the game was by using the Reset button on my tower.

Out of curiosity I tried the game again and was able to restart that level BUT I still wasn't able to finish it and this time the game froze when I had

1 x 1 star tent
3 x 3 star trailers
1 x 2 star trailer
1 x 1 star trailer + 1 in the process of being made into a 2 star.

Once again I had to use the Reset button on my tower to get out of the game.

I don't see how this can be a driver or flash error when I haven't had any problems playing the levels before this particular one .

I really, really want to buy this game because I love building games even though I know I won't be able to get gold on many, if any, more levels so please help .

Cherb

ETA ...

Having seen FairyonPegasus's comment about Win 7, I just wanted to confirm that I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Edited on 04/24/2012 at 11:50:31 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 10:46 AM
cherb, my game froze momentarily when i minimized it to check the forums,,,when i tried to bring it back up everything was froze,,,as i was clicking around trying to navigate also frozen forum pages it started again.....i hope you get it figured out

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Apr 24, 12 10:56 AM
Yep, similar problems - had to change the cursor and even then horribly jerky and in the end gave up as everything was going so slowly. Might have been a nice game but too many issues for me

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 24, 12 11:36 AM
I hope they figure it out soon too. I would love to purchase this game. It would probably work on my main computer, but I also like to put these type of games on my laptop so when I'm out of town I can play them. i don't keep a lot of games on it because it's just an 80 gig hd. This type of game though the entire family can play and enjoy so they're the best to put on it. With me going out of town every week I lunge at these types of games when they come out. I'm going to try to re-install it again. Wish me luck

Edit to add: I have vista on the laptop and 7 on the main PC. I just realized people are also having problems on windows 7.

2nd Edit: It did not work. Some sort of dos box pops up and it just jerks across the screen flashing. So I have to task manager out of it.

Edited on 04/24/2012 at 11:54:04 AM PST

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Apr 24, 12 11:47 AM
I playing my game when froze up and would not let do anything I had to go
to task manager and log off and restart my computer. please help. would
like to buy the game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 24, 12 1:32 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are running into freezing and cursor issues with Campgrounds. There are a few things I can recommend trying here. First, I would make sure that all drivers and software programs are updated, like Adobe Flash and Shockwave. I would also recommend that users running Windows 7 and Vista try disabling Windows Aero to see if that may help. I've put a link to our help article covering some basic troubleshooting and updating steps that you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the suggestions in that help article aren't helping, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support team and they will be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 24, 12 1:42 PM
Thanks Seine but if it was a driver etc issue then surely the game wouldn't work at all and not work and then stop at two different places .

[Post New]by ElJayZe on Apr 24, 12 4:10 PM
I can't see any words on screen.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 24, 12 7:34 PM
I tried reinstalling but the cursor and game is still jerky and slow. There's a waste of 6.99!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 24, 12 11:47 PM
I'll try disabling Windows Aero, I know all drivers are up to date as well as Shockwave and Java. I play facebook games so have to keep everything up to date. Although it bothers me that I might have to disable something to make a game work...

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 25, 12 12:47 AM
Hi everyone,

If the updates Seine suggested didn't work, or if you had already tried that, I'd like to ask you all to get in touch with our Tech Support for further investigation -- we definitely want everyone to enjoy this game!

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers -- this will help tremendously in determining where the problem is coming from and how many people are affected by this.

Thank you all!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by momoflindy on Apr 25, 12 1:59 AM
Having the exact issues as Fairy. Screen flashing, cant play game

Go to: