Reviews for Campgrounds

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Campgrounds

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Campgrounds? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Campgrounds page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Campgrounds

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 24, 12 12:19 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 24, 12 2:02 AM
What a cool game, I've only played the demo and it's a definite buy for me. It's a building game and the game play is much like that of Royal Envoy. Your building campsites you start out building tents, you also build your sawmill and greenhouse. The only homes I have built so far are just the tents but you have to upgrade them and add gardens to them. You send the workers to the spot of land and have them build and you also have to collect the payments and they pop up in pretty little pink bags and you just click them to collect your rent. The workers are a hoot each time you send them out they have the funniest tone while they are on their way to build it almost sounds like they have a mouthful of food it's a hoot. The graphics are really nice and the colors are very bright and vibrant. This is a very solid building game that I think it is going to give hours of great fun and it's so nice to see a time management game here at last ! This one is definitely worth the demo and I have already bought it and can't wait to play more of it. If your unable to reach the gold on your level you can always click the restart level when your scores are given to you so far I haven't had any problems getting the gold but I'm quite sure as the game progresses it will get harder. This is from a new developer to me and they did a awesome job on this little gem give it a try I don't think you'll be sorry and it's not a mad clicking game either so give it a spin if you liked Royal Envoy I think you will like this one as well. This is the first time in a long time that I have been excited about playing a game, I am one happy camper ! Thank you so much developers and Big Fish for this great game.

Edited on 04/24/2012 at 7:59:43 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 24, 12 2:22 AM
Eh, this game is not for me. It's like a mixture of Build-A-Lot and Royal Envoy 2. Your goal is to eventually beat your mean old boss and get campground of the year (or something). You start out small, building tents and upgrading them, and then work your way up in the next levels, ala Build-A-Lot. Levels are timed in a weird way. You're given a number of days to complete a campground level, and I guess the game cycles through them on its own. You just keep having to look at the clock/calendar to see how much time you have left. I didn't get to where I ran out of time, but I assume it gets harder.

The music! Ugh. So annoying.
The graphics are fine for a time management/resource game, except the cut-scenes were a little odd.

My problem with this game is the same problem I had with Royal Envoy 2: you have to click on resources in order to collect them. Your tents generate money, and to get that money you must click on it. I hate that, because once I've built what I need for the level goal, to finish and get the money goals it feels like all I'm doing is clicking and waiting and clicking. No thanks.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 24, 12 4:12 AM
FINALLY! A really fun TM game. It is a lot like Royal Envoy but who cares? That game was great, too. Love this! A buy for me!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 4:21 AM
happy day!!!!!!

what can i say i adore builders..... you are building campgrounds, there seems to be 60 levels, with 5 hidden bonus levels. time is shown in days,, (but thats only to get gold, you can continue even if you dont finish in time)
the timer does not start till you make your first move, so you can plan how your going to play the level, you do have to click on resources to collect them (not to clickity click so far,)
1st 6 levels gold was easy..7, 8 and 9, i missed by 1 day, but was just getting a feel for it, and will go back later to get gold..
havent run into the "hidden levels yet"
there are achievements, very fun cute game

the only bad i found and its very minor...no skip on the pre level talkieg ie, the girl telling you what you need for the level,

new dev also...wtg devs!!!!!!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 24, 12 5:14 AM
I beta tested this game and have been waiting for it. If you like BAL etc this is a keeper.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Apr 24, 12 5:19 AM
It is rare for me to buy a game before the trial is finished but I did with this one. Love BAL and Royal Envoy and this is very like them so a definite buy - nice to see a TM game for a change.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 24, 12 5:57 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!! I beta tested this one and was wondering if it was ever going to come out. Yes, some like RE 2, improvement on RE2 was you did not have to send out the little men to collect the money.
We have rentals and we always have to go to the door to collect the money, just a reality, but a very fun game, so excited to finally have a TM game!!!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 24, 12 7:05 AM
Nice you don't have to hit the money amount right on, just clicking in the rectangle box gets you your money. There is some strategy involved as it gets along, trying to decide when to add a worker to get the building done or cutting down a tree to meet your building requirements. Fun, Fun, Fun!!

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Apr 24, 12 7:17 AM
Hallelujah!!!! Finally, another cute builder/tm. Yes, the mechanics are similar to Royal Envoy, but isn't that what we ultimately want? We want the developers to put out quality games based on the mechanics that WORK! We want them to create games that stem from well done blueprints and Royal Envoy is just about as good as it gets.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 24, 12 7:27 AM
I like this game a lot.

The graphics are superb, and gameplay is fun.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor, and although the play area is not in full widescreen, they have added those nice wooden bars on the side, so it looks just perfect to me.

What I like:

I can collect the rent even when a house is being upgraded.

A worker, as soon as he is finished, can be given the next task, and I don't have to wait for him to first go back to the "office".

I like the eco side of this game as well. Makes me think before I chop down an old oak tree... LOL

And instead of just adding a garden, by clicking on the garden sign, you have to build a greenhouse first. This is so much more fun and realistic.

If you manage to get a level done within time, you will get a gold star. But you can continue after the time has ran out, and you just don't get that gold star.

You can repeat the level if you didn't make it in time, but I don't bother with that. With me it's not about speed, but enjoyment in a relaxed way.

Off to buy the game. Can't wait what other building I can unlock.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 7:56 AM
Csustar wrote:Nice you don't have to hit the money amount right on, just clicking in the rectangle box gets you your money. There is some strategy involved as it gets along, trying to decide when to add a worker to get the building done or cutting down a tree to meet your building requirements. Fun, Fun, Fun!!

spoiler highlight to read

("careful cutting a tree(..(.as at level 10 i thin you are given the choice if you want to go the eco route, or make money and forget about enviroment, i am doing eco,, then on 2nd replay doing the greedy route,,,, then going for gold score."))

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Apr 24, 12 8:39 AM
Build-A-Lot disguised by slightly different graphics. They even reused some of the sound effects.

The music is annoying? Nothing new about that. I turn off the music in all to these games before I begin playing.

People who have never played the BAL games may enjoy this. For me, the nearly identical play style isn't worth any more of my money.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 24, 12 9:34 AM
Lord_Lollipop wrote:Build-A-Lot disguised by slightly different graphics. They even reused some of the sound effects.

The music is annoying? Nothing new about that. I turn off the music in all to these games before I begin playing.

People who have never played the BAL games may enjoy this. For me, the nearly identical play style isn't worth any more of my money.

Well, you may find this game not worth your money, but you are quite wrong in saying it's a BAL disguise. It is more a copy of "Royal Envoy", if nothing else. It's not at all like BAL. I am tired of BAL games, and wouldn't buy any new ones.

This game is so different, and such fun. It's another "building" game, like "The Timebuilders" games and like "Royal Envoy", but not like BAL, which is very very basic and very very limited.

I just love that I am given the decision whether I want to go with the money or with nature. There are lots of buildings and such that I have not seen before in other "building" games, and since I never listen to in-game music anyway, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't like it.

Anyone who likes playing "The Timebuilders" and "Royal Envoy" should give this game a try. You can always say 'no' after you have finished the demo. I fell in love with this game right from the start. It's fun!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 9:47 AM
Valdy wrote:
Lord_Lollipop wrote:Build-A-Lot disguised by slightly different graphics. They even reused some of the sound effects.

Well, you may find this game not worth your money, but you are quite wrong in saying it's a BAL disguise. It is more a copy of "Royal Envoy", if nothing else. It's not at all like BAL. I am tired of BAL games, and wouldn't buy any new ones.

This game is so different, and such fun. It's another "building" game, like "The Timebuilders" games and like "Royal Envoy", but not like BAL, which is very very basic and very very limited.

I just love that I am given the decision whether I want to go with the money or with nature. There are lots of buildings and such that I have not seen before in other "building" games, and since I never listen to in-game music anyway, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't like it.

Anyone who likes playing "The Timebuilders" and "Royal Envoy" should give this game a try. You can always say 'no' after you have finished the demo. I fell in love with this game right from the start. It's fun!

so did you choose greed or eco valdy...i went with eco for the 1st go round

Reviews for Campgrounds

[Post New]by jenapoo on Apr 24, 12 10:01 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Campgrounds? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Campgrounds page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/Id9rRt">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://Forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/208112.page>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by jenapoo on Apr 24, 12 10:02 AM
My cursor doesn't work. It's very very slow and thus makes the game annoying.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 10:31 AM
jenapoo wrote:My cursor doesn't work. It's very very slow and thus makes the game annoying.

try unclicking the custom curser in the options menu...this often helps, and welcome to the pond

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on Apr 24, 12 12:37 PM
I just wanted to add a comment as it can be helpful for other fishies, that I sent in a review and wanted to wait to read some other comments before I decided to buy it , I read the other reviews and bought the game about 20 seconds later!!!!

Go to: