COMMENTS for Campgrounds

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

COMMENTS for Campgrounds

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 24, 12 12:42 AM
Thanks BF for offering us a TM game today .

It looks from the game page as though it may be a decent one too.

Definitely my kind of game and I look forward to trying it . I'm not planning on being a GC member this month (waiting for my wishlist to grow back and only spending existing PCCs this month), so I'll be waiting until tomorrow for access.............

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:COMMENTS for Campgrounds

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 3:09 AM
GOODY!!!!GOODY!!!!!!GOODY!!!!! nuff said till after i demo

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 24, 12 5:29 AM
Just downloaded the demo. Was beginning to think that all new games would be HOGs from now on!

Although very much like Royal Envoy et al, am sure I will buy this with an outstanding free game code.

More strategy or TM games please Big Fish.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 6:55 AM
lol, when scaring the bears it looks like how i used to fight with my sister....windmill arms....too funny

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 7:10 AM
helloooooo.......anyone there???

anywho just got one of the bonus levels...you collect map pieces then put it together to access secret campground....pretty cool

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 24, 12 7:31 AM
It doesn't seem to respond the greatest. I have 6 free guys at the base and plenty of material, I click for them to build a new tent but nothing happens. This has happened quite a bit, and I have a new mouse. It registers the clicks to pick up money, but seems to not recognize every fourth or fifth click when I want to build or upgrade.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Apr 24, 12 7:34 AM
How far in is the first bonus level Bella ?

Glad you can keep going even when the timer runs out. Those are some fast moving days. The first 6 were fine. The 7th one I had to play twice. Haven't seen any bears yet. Should make it more interesting with the animals.

I wish we didn't have to click on the money to collect it. I keep forgetting

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 7:47 AM
shagwendy wrote:It doesn't seem to respond the greatest. I have 6 free guys at the base and plenty of material, I click for them to build a new tent but nothing happens. This has happened quite a bit, and I have a new mouse. It registers the clicks to pick up money, but seems to not recognize every fourth or fifth click when I want to build or upgrade.

hmmm i am not having any problems..maybe your mouse needs calibration....

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 7:51 AM
govols2 wrote:How far in is the first bonus level Bella ?

Glad you can keep going even when the timer runs out. Those are some fast moving days. The first 6 were fine. The 7th one I had to play twice. Haven't seen any bears yet. Should make it more interesting with the animals.

I wish we didn't have to click on the money to collect it. I keep forgetting

its like 12 levels in,, after you collect 10 map pieces,, you click on right hand corner of board where it says "solve" to put the map together...i only have gold on very few levels my self,, i am going the eco route on my 1st playthru,, then will be greedy and go for the money, over nature..(a choice you are given after level 10 i think).....then...i will worry about gold......lots of replay here

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 24, 12 8:26 AM
It's very aggravating when it doesn't register my mouse clicks, but I will be buying it anyway, I'm just sooooo sick of HOGs. I had a wonderful time playing Bistro Boulevard, but I'm just dragging myself through Grim Tales The Bride. I've found I like TM and Building/Strategy so much better. When the guy from the Flying Dutchman wouldn't walk through a puddle right after he washed ashore it just did me in.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Apr 24, 12 8:36 AM
LOL @ Wendy

The HOG's are becoming all the same. Even though the builders are kind of the same...to a point...they are still different enough. Plus there is strategy and a bit of chaos. I kind of like that.

Still can't do straight TM's though. Love the builders ..

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 8:44 AM
govols2 wrote:LOL @ Wendy

The HOG's are becoming all the same. Even though the builders are kind of the same...to a point...they are still different enough. Plus there is strategy and a bit of chaos. I kind of like that.

Still can't do straight TM's though. Love the builders ..

and thier length and replay value is way above hogs......

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 24, 12 9:17 AM
govols2 wrote:LOL @ Wendy

.... Plus there is strategy and a bit of chaos. I kind of like that.

Yeah, I think it might be the chaos I like. Grace under fire and all that. Although I did use a few choice words in Cake Mania when I would accidentally double tier a cake instead of swap it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 9:23 AM
wendy did you try disabling the custom curser...that sometimes works

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 24, 12 11:21 AM
bella81762 wrote:
Valdy wrote:I just love that I am given the decision whether I want to go with the money or with nature. There are lots of buildings and such that I have not seen before in other "building" games, and since I never listen to in-game music anyway, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't like it.

Anyone who likes playing "The Timebuilders" and "Royal Envoy" should give this game a try. You can always say 'no' after you have finished the demo. I fell in love with this game right from the start. It's fun!

so did you choose greed or eco valdy...i went with eco for the 1st go round

Hi Bella...

I decided to put our comments in here rather than reply in the "Reviews" thread. You know how the wicked mods of the green isle keep their beady eyes on us. LOL

I choose Eco. I love nature, and I love being able to do something good for the environment in this game. I try not to chop down any trees if I can help it.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Apr 24, 12 11:32 AM
So far it has been easy not to chop any trees down. Although I find myself wanting to so I don't have to build a factory

I think I am on level 17 or 18 now. Have gotten gold on all of them except 12 and 13. I will have to think on those awhile.

Really hate it when the last day is ending and all I am waiting for is that little guy to get back to the office.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 11:37 AM
govols2 wrote:So far it has been easy not to chop any trees down. Although I find myself wanting to so I don't have to build a factory

I think I am on level 17 or 18 now. Have gotten gold on all of them except 12 and 13. I will have to think on those awhile.

Really hate it when the last day is ending and all I am waiting for is that little guy to get back to the office.

i havent chopped any trees or shot any animals yet (love the way the workers windmill thier arms at the bears) am near level 30 and havent got gold in 4ever,,lol...

i hope those with tech issues get them worked out...such a fun little game

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 24, 12 1:05 PM
bella81762 wrote: snipped ...
i havent chopped any trees or shot any animals yet (love the way the workers windmill thier arms at the bears) am near level 30 and havent got gold in 4ever,,lol...

i hope those with tech issues get them worked out...such a fun little game

Me too Bella, I really want to play it despite knowing that I will never get gold.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 24, 12 1:18 PM
Bella... did you see my post above? I posted it here rather than in the Reviews thread, just in case...

BTW, I swear those guys working hard for me only wear a shirt and underpants. And I am not even sure about underpants.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 24, 12 1:24 PM
Valdy wrote:Bella... did you see my post above? I posted it here rather than in the Reviews thread, just in case...

BTW, I swear those guys working hard for me only wear a shirt and underpants. And I am not even sure about underpants.

me too i am a tree hugger this time around valdy...but my next playthru....WATCH OUT NATURE!!!!

for those with tech, i am windows 7 , on a laptop and the game runs fine,,

cherb has tech support answered you, if not why not email the devs,,,(i did too tell them what i thought of thier game, and they answered right back

Go to: