putting the acorns in place

[Post New]by 403radio on Jan 29, 09 11:44 PM
thanks to everyone for help in" putting the acorns in place"..just bought the game
on wednesday, and was already pulling my hair, and thinking wwhat a mistake
it was buying this game.. 403 radio

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:putting the acorns in place

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 29, 09 11:49 PM
I'm so glad you found your answer! It's always nice to know we fishies helped.

Welcome to the forum and what's your next game going to be?

Nancy1211
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy1211 on Feb 2, 09 6:30 PM
I'm having the same problems with the acorns. Any help?

Thanks

[Post New]by tturner on Feb 5, 09 8:19 PM
Nancy1211 wrote:I'm having the same problems with the acorns. Any help?

Thanks

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Feb 7, 09 8:59 PM
I just finished the game today. What an experience. This is an amazing game. I NEVER could get all of the acorns on the bench. I must have tried a dozen times, so I just gave up. My patience just ran out. I think that it was the only game that I gave up on. oh yes..it was hard to find all of the letters in the first flashing door game. But really a great game..EXCEPT for the acorns. lol

OnWI

Nancy1211
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy1211 on Feb 10, 09 5:29 PM
403radio wrote:thanks to everyone for help in" putting the acorns in place"..just bought the game

Nancy1211
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Nancy1211 on Feb 10, 09 5:32 PM
I'm having the same problem with the acorns. Can you share with me the answer?

Thanks

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Feb 10, 09 8:40 PM
The acorns are really hard. You sort of need to slide them up from the side, like you are sneaking up on the bench. You will have to do each acorn several times till you find that "magic" spot. As you slide them up from the side, you will all of a sudden see an outline of the acorn. Try releasing the acorn about halfway on top of the outline and see if that helps. It really is difficult.
Jackie

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Jun 13, 10 6:00 PM
Each acorn will only fit in a certain spot. I tried each acorn in each spot down the bench and only a certain acorn will fit in a specific spot. If you keep trying the same acorn in the wrong spot, it will never stay.

[Post New]by AVALON48 on Jun 13, 10 8:18 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE. I WAS PULLING MY HAIR OUT. U GUYS ARE THE BEST. SMACK

[Post New]by sailorkelsey on Jun 14, 10 2:41 AM
I believe you have to start with the biggest acorn and work your way down to the smallest.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 14, 10 6:32 AM
Each acorn has its own spot on the bench. They go in order by size.

If you're holding an acorn, a hazy acorn will show up in each spot you move your cursor to where an acorn should go. Drop it in one of those spots. If you put it in the wrong spot, it won't stick - the acorn will go back to where it was to begin with. So go pick up the acorn again and try it in a different one of those hazy acorn spots. Trial and error like that will get them all placed right. (Assuming your computer works like mine does - no other issues involved...)

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 14, 10 11:59 AM
comicseller wrote:The acorns are really hard. You sort of need to slide them up from the side, like you are sneaking up on the bench. You will have to do each acorn several times till you find that "magic" spot. As you slide them up from the side, you will all of a sudden see an outline of the acorn. Try releasing the acorn about halfway on top of the outline and see if that helps. It really is difficult.
Jackie

Yes, look for the outline of the acorn as you bring it to the bench. Put your white cursor on the outline and click. Once I realized that, I got them all in.

aldavis
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by aldavis on Jun 28, 10 5:00 PM
403radio wrote:thanks to everyone for help in" putting the acorns in place"..just bought the game

[Post New]by bjmartin45 on Feb 11, 11 6:36 AM
Thanks to you all for helping me with this frustrating puzzle!

"Start with the biggest and work your down to the smallest." from sailor kelsey
"see an outline of the acorn. Try releasing the acorn about halfway on top of the outline" from comicseller
"only a certain acorn will fit in a specific spot. If you keep trying the same acorn in the wrong spot, it will never stay." from MaryLiLamb
and from me - it's hard to tell which is 'biggest' so if following the above guidelines doesn't work try a different acorn.

KB1919
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KB1919 on Apr 10, 11 3:04 AM
Very frustrating indeed as others have said I purchase these games to relax not get wound up about. Shame it seems a decent game but also frustrating.

Go to: