TGT Shop N Spree

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

TGT Shop N Spree

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jan 30, 09 1:25 AM
This game is a mixture of HOG and time management. For people who like playing games at their own pace, the game has 3 difficulty levels including one with no timer. I am enjoying this game and there is definitely replayability. It is hard as well! It is made by the same people who came out with First Class Flurry. I say thumbs up!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:TGT Shop N Spree

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 3:20 AM
Well I'm glad I popped in here and saw that there is a Relaxed Mode option. I will give it a download and a looksee. The word "frenetic" in the description had me running for the hills. Normally I can not deal with TM games at all, adrenalin literally makes me sick, but you never know if this can be taken at a slower pace. Thanks for the heads up!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 09 5:45 AM
I tried this one for a few minutes, but I don't like department stores and don't find shopping fun unless it involves books.

I'm about to agree with those who don't like HO games though - BFG needs to release something else at least half the time.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 30, 09 7:33 AM
Thanks for posting this, donnydj !
I was going to avoid the game, but now I will give it a shot!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 30, 09 7:47 AM
Thanks, Poodlebear, for letting us know there is a relaxed mode. I avoid TM games like the plague, but I'll try this one. Perhaps it's management without the time?

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 30, 09 7:49 AM
Oops! I guess the credit goes to Donny. Well, anyway, thanks to both of you, I'm off to play!

[Post New]by Christinann1221 on Jan 30, 09 7:55 AM
I LOVED first class Flurry, so I can't wait to go home and try this one!! DARN having to work and not getting to play games!!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 30, 09 2:40 PM
Played it for 10 minutes. B-O-R-I-N-G ! ! ! People who like TM games might like it but I got nothing out of it by playing it untimed and timed would be out of the question for me.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 30, 09 2:57 PM
I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. I really enjoyed First Class Flurry though.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 30, 09 3:16 PM
Thanks Donny for the heads up regarding the 3 difficulty levels. I had been avoiding it too because it was a TM but now that you've told me there is a "no timer" option I will give it a go.

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Jan 30, 09 3:56 PM
I just finished playing the demo and I haven't decided whether or not to buy this one. It's actually very easy, although I did seem to notice as I got on in levels that there were a couple of things I couldn't find compared to finding everything on the earlier levels (I got up to level 5 on the counter thing outside the store)

I liked the little puzzles in between the sales part of the game. There was one where you ahd to restock the store - sorta like a spot the differences, but you fill in the missing piece, there was a spot the differences puzzle, a move the pieces and complete the picture puzzle, and a find the duplicate item puzzle.

Sometimes before a round started, you had to find all of one item - for instance - find the five candles - and then the round would start.

I played in untimed mode.

Cute game, but I'm still deciding if I really feel it was way too easy.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 4:24 PM
I did try this one for about a half an hour. I liked it well enough, but funny thing is even though it is technically a TM, and can be played as such with Timer On, it's still is pretty much an HO, particularly in Relaxed mode. So sorry to those folks who have been bemoaning lack of other types of games. Also, funny thing number 2, even though I had it in Relaxed I *still* felt the pressure of those tiny people wanting things from me!

I think as a Hidden Object game it is surprisingly challenging. (what the *heck* is a "dry sack"???). Some items are surprisingly hard to find. The graphics are crystal clean and clear so even tiny things are easy to see, just not necessarily find. I also appreciate that as items in a store it makes sense there would be so much to search thru. The mini games are timed, but pretty easy to do in the time alloted and optional, they just buy you hints and unlock the games I believe so you can play them all the time as you wish. I enjoyed the restocking one, which was a spin on spot the difference.

Since I only got thru abt half the demo I don't know where it was going as far as play, and I only saw 3 mini-games and don't know if there's more. If it just added new areas and asked for more finds, or added more customers, for me I think it would get a bit boring over time. Of course in Timed you want that ever increasing pressure and that rush I guess is what keeps it interesting.

So for HO people who stress less easily than I, I think this could be a good one, especially for HO/TM people. It's not for Poodle tho. So I guess I give this one a Poodle absent:

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 4:27:32 PM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 30, 09 5:49 PM
Thanks Poodle.

I still haven't played it, but I am an HO/TM person.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jan 30, 09 6:17 PM
Hi, Poodlebear!

According to Wikipedia, a dry sack is a waterproof sack used in outdoor sports such as kayaking... I had not heard of one before, but that's part of the fun of this game, for me.

I do like this game, for the same reasons you cite! Usually don't do TM's at all, but the relaxed mode is just enough excitement for me. I liked the store, although I "never" go shopping (except at BFG!)

I hope you give it another try - I turned the music off, as I found that less stressful (although I liked it), and I always tried to serve the impatient guy first, since the others were nice enough to wait! Also, if you serve those looking to purchase "big ticket" items, you get to the $ goal without having to serve as many people, which I thought was kind of neat.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 6:18:26 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 6:28 PM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:Hi, Poodlebear!

According to Wikipedia, a dry sack is a waterproof sack used in outdoor sports such as kayaking... I had not heard of one before, but that's part of the fun of this game, for me.

I do like this game, for the same reasons you cite! Usually don't do TM's at all, but the relaxed mode is just enough excitement for me. I liked the store, although I "never" go shopping (except at BFG!)

I hope you give it another try - I turned the music off, as I found that less stressful (although I liked it), and I always tried to serve the impatient guy first, since the others were nice enough to wait! Also, if you serve those looking to purchase "big ticket" items, you get to the $ goal without having to serve as many people, which I thought was kind of neat.

Happy Gaming!

I agree! A lot of the fun was figutring out what they meant by a given item. The dry sack I finally found because there was a blue one actually labeled (they wanted a red one).

As to giving it another try, I do think it's a good game but I'll pass. I currently have 13 in-progress games on me desktop atm, I've bought 15 in January! One can slip thru my nets.

[Post New]by Risami on Jan 30, 09 11:17 PM
i tried this but one of the department store on the first lvl it wouldn't show the customers and kept blinking is there a requirement to play this? cause i know i got the requirement is there a better way to fix this ?

[Post New]by rovenamore on Feb 24, 11 2:27 AM
i'm not able to get thru past the 1st store,,,, i.e the beach part is not getting highlighted....i collected the 20 stars required.................but still no go

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 24, 11 3:40 AM
Hi.

rovenamore wrote:i'm not able to get thru past the 1st store,,,, i.e the beach part is not getting highlighted....i collected the 20 stars required.................but still no go

I just PM'd you a walkthrough on the game that you can peruse to see how to get past this stage of the game you're at. Also, the individual forum for this game here at BFG is at:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1119.page

Good luck and happy gaming.

[Post New]by kljkjgjkfkjgjfh on Feb 24, 11 4:49 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 9:19:38 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 24, 11 11:33 AM
Welcome to the pond rovenamore and thanks Smallhaven for swimming by to help!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to the Shop-n-Spree Forum so that we can keep all questions and comments for the game together. To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Also, a great way to search for a specific answer without having to go through a lot of threads is to use the Advanced Forum Search option under Search All Forums on the right hand side near the top of the page. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "beach" and all the posts that have the word "beach" in them will show up!

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: