bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Weather Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 25, 12 12:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Weather Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 25, 12 5:49 AM
I tried to download it, but it wouldn't. It just hung up at "waiting to download" for a half hour.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 25, 12 7:37 AM
Rhysdux, have you tried pausing the download, removing it from the Game Manager (press the bin icon) and reinstalling it from the website? Sometimes this'll do the trick!

bfgRhone

sazz1571
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sazz1571 on Apr 25, 12 8:28 AM
Hi i'm amazed noone else has had tech issues i've downloaded and bought this game and installed onto 2 pc's at home. Every few levels it freezes then says access violation this happens on both pc's. I'm very much enjoying this game it's different to other time managments is there a solution other than reloading the game every time it crashes? Please help.
Thankyou

[Post New]by sjwilla on Apr 25, 12 8:55 AM
I'm having the same issue - repeated access violation errors.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 25, 12 11:30 AM
Hi sazz1571 and sjwilla

Access Violations can happen for a few different reasons. If you check out this help article here:

Access Violations

(if you click the blue text it will take you right to the article). It goes over a few reasons that error can occur, along with a few steps on how to clear it up.

However, if you're still getting Access Violations after trying this, then I would get in touch with our Customer Support department, and one of our reps would be happy to work with you more on this.

How to contact Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 25, 12 11:43 AM
I downloaded the game, but it would never leave the waiting to activate status. Finally on my desktop was the game which said trial expired. This is the 2nd game that has happened to me this week. I blamed it on the game itself, but have concluded it is once again that darn game manager. That thing has been nothing but problems since they "upgraded" it. I'm going to try and reinstall this game again. It seems to only happen when I select more than 1 game to install at a time. Whomever is responsible for this game manager should be fired!

ETA: I did download this game (again) and it worked. I guess only 1 game at a time. If I try more, I have problems, and then have to reboot my computer to boot( I made a funny)?

Edited on 04/25/2012 at 12:36:53 PM PST

LVKiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by LVKiva on Apr 25, 12 11:56 AM
I'm having a different problem. I can download and install the game without issue, but cannot 'grab' the clouds to combine them in the first instruction screen. I can buy the clouds - I can click on and highlight the farms - but can't grab the floating clouds, which makes the game unplayable, of course.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

[Post New]by kabris on Apr 25, 12 7:49 PM
Hi! I have the same problems as others. I downloaded the game and when it was finished, my trial period had expired. I had to delete the game and reinstall it again. Then, once the first instruction (the one where you have to grab the two clouds), I am unable to do so. This game already seemed annoying at first but with all the problems it causes already, it definitely looks unattractive. It was great to have two time management games in two days (there are so few!), But I confess that I am disappointed by both.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 25, 12 10:27 PM
I really wanted to 'like' this TM game but it did d/l just fine, hit play and got two clouds connected...then it took over three minutes for cloud to move a fraction of an inch (really!) across the screen...so removed the 'custom cursor' as it seemed to be quite 'jerky'...well that worked for a jerk of a cursor but the clouds were in same are and wasted a lot of demo time ... watching them 'snail mode' across...so just 'quit' and uninstalled from the GM!

I have also noticed if I have three, four or five games waiting in the GM...lots of the demo's 'do not play' correctly or in some cases 'not at all'...have previously 'deleted' GM from the 'c drive' and reinstalled games I was playing! It's a real 'pain' to do but I do not believe that for weeks on end 'all' the demo's are 'technically' bunk games!

So ... carry on!

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by trillian on Apr 25, 12 11:19 PM
LVKiva wrote:I'm having a different problem. I can download and install the game without issue, but cannot 'grab' the clouds to combine them in the first instruction screen. I can buy the clouds - I can click on and highlight the farms - but can't grab the floating clouds, which makes the game unplayable, of course.

I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 26, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you having trouble clicking on the floating clouds and other weather, try to disable the custom cursor from the options menu.

You could also try switching from full screen to windowed mode and see if that helps.

I can also suggest running some software updates, just in case this game needs some updated components to succesfully run on your computer:

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Apr 26, 12 3:19 AM
I have a completely different problem.
The game downloaded and when I hit play trial, it goes to a white screen that says "ZGE Title" top left corner, and when I put the cursor over the screen it swirls like it's waiting on something.
The game never starts and when I close it, I've lost all the minutes I've been waiting on the trial timer.
:-(

Oh, and the only way I can close out of it is to hard close it with the task manager.

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 3:21:24 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 26, 12 4:32 AM
sazz1571 wrote:Hi i'm amazed noone else has had tech issues i've downloaded and bought this game and installed onto 2 pc's at home. Every few levels it freezes then says access violation this happens on both pc's. I'm very much enjoying this game it's different to other time managments is there a solution other than reloading the game every time it crashes? Please help.
Thankyou

Hey, I got the exact same problem here, the game freezes and crashes every few levels, giving me a violation message and forcing me to shut down... the access violation link isn't solving this and since there are at least two people encountering the exact same problem, maybe it's something in the game? I am enjoying playing it, it's just very annoying and not very computer safe when it crashes so often... thanks!

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Apr 26, 12 9:56 AM
My sound is choppy, starts then stops, and I've run every check on the help page.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 26, 12 9:47 PM
efi24 wrote:
sazz1571 wrote:Hi i'm amazed noone else has had tech issues i've downloaded and bought this game and installed onto 2 pc's at home. Every few levels it freezes then says access violation this happens on both pc's. I'm very much enjoying this game it's different to other time managments is there a solution other than reloading the game every time it crashes? Please help.
Thankyou

Hey, I got the exact same problem here, the game freezes and crashes every few levels, giving me a violation message and forcing me to shut down... the access violation link isn't solving this and since there are at least two people encountering the exact same problem, maybe it's something in the game? I am enjoying playing it, it's just very annoying and not very computer safe when it crashes so often... thanks!

I am also having the same issue, very annoying!

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by wndf on Apr 27, 12 6:04 AM
Same here; freezing and shutting down every few levels. No solutions in acces violation thread.

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 6:05:12 AM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 27, 12 10:16 AM
LVKiva wrote:I'm having a different problem. I can download and install the game without issue, but cannot 'grab' the clouds to combine them in the first instruction screen. I can buy the clouds - I can click on and highlight the farms - but can't grab the floating clouds, which makes the game unplayable, of course.

I've tried uninstalling and re
installing with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had the exact same problem.
So after a lot of swearing, uninstalling, re-installing and still having the same thing happen (i.e nothing can be "grabbed") - I found out what caused it:

I am left-handed and have the buttons on my mouse swapped - left-click is on the right-most button for me.

So what I did, was quite simple - I reset my mouse to the original setup, that is right-hand use. then re-started the game, and everything worked fine!

I will not purchase, however, as it is too straining to play a TM game with the mouse buttons in the wrong place.

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tuakka on Apr 27, 12 10:21 AM
NikkiBikki wrote:
efi24 wrote:
Thankyou

I am also having the same issue, very annoying!

I am also experiencing the same issue indicated above, and before you even ask, my laptop:
- has the most up to date graphics driver installed,
- has the most up to date version of Direct X installed, and,
- I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but to no avail.

Game still crashes with the same error access violation message, only in my case, it now appears to be happening on every level. But the oddity of the issue is that it occurs AFTER I've already been playing the level for several minutes.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 27, 12 12:06 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that a few of you are running into some crashing and freezing problems with Weather Lord. As Rhone mentioned earlier, if you haven't taken a look at our help article covering some basic troubleshooting steps you can try for those issues, I've put a link to that here:

If the recommendations on that help article aren't working to get the game running smoothly, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Hopefully that helps get you back to gaming in Weather Lord!

bfgSeine

Go to: