bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Jump Birdy Jump

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 26, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Jump Birdy Jump? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Jump Birdy Jump page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jump Birdy Jump

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 26, 12 12:44 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 26, 12 3:59 AM
I only had time to try the first few levels for now.

I love the idea of the game - you control the female bird's movement with the mouse in a slingshot manner to get her step by step back to her partner, avoiding obstacles and collecting as many stars as possible in the process.

So far there has been a dotted line as a guide (and boy did I need it LOL!).

If we get that all the way through the game I'd probably be able to play it. I'd be interested to hear more about that from anyone who gets chance to play further than I did so far.

The only thing that may put me off is the (brief) animation when the bird hits an obstacle. I found it maybe a bit too realistic.

No, for anyone worried about their kids, it's not gory or anything. The cartoon bird bounces off the obstacle with a little noise, closes its eyes and starts to fall, with a few feathers coming off.

That probably makes it sound worse than it is, so I suggest trying it for yourself. It is a tiny download - 6.66 MB.

Before anyone tells me it's just a game I'd better point out that I know it's just a game and I'm not trying to say that anyone else should mind it. Purely saying that I, personally, am not sure yet how fun I will find a game where I keep smacking a bird (even an obviously cartoon one) off obstacles when that is the result.

When I get chance to play again I will try playing with the sound off to see if that helps my sensibilities .

That is just my own personal hang up with it. Apart from that it seems like a great game and, if I can shake myself out of that, I may well end up getting it over the next few days since I have 2 spaces to fill on a punchcard and also, by a happy coincidence, have 2 PCC coupons to spend.

ETA I know this is a tip but I was struggling before I realised this and it may help someone to enjoy the game better so I believe it's relevant to demoing:

You can slide the bird from side to side along its perch too, before pulling back the elastic. That gives you different trajectories.

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 7:05:50 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 26, 12 4:18 AM
UPDATE - I couldn't resist going back in for another little go .

This time I got onto a level with moving obstacles and was concentrating so hard, thinking what I needed to do differently on the next try, that I was no longer really noticing what happened when the bird bumped an obstacle. Why do I feel heartless, saying that LOL? (Must repeat to self: It is a cartoon & no birds were hurt during the playing of this game! It is a cartoon & no birds were hurt during the playing of this game!).

So the only thing left for me to do before using a PCC is taking the time to play more of the demo to see if I'm going to be good enough at it to want to keep at it. (If the guide line disappears in later levels, then the answer to that will probably be no, because, even with it, I do keep hitting obstacles in even the early levels).

ETA............

It got me - I think IT'S A KEEPER LOL
Firstly the fact that I couldn't resist going in for a 3rd(!) time (when I had plans to be doing something else, thankfully not involving anyone else) to see if I could get further should tell me that I am interested. Secondly I like the speed at which new ideas are being introduced:

By level 4 there are moving obstacles and a moving star too, then by level 6 there is not only a star where you do something different to collect it ( ) but also colour changing stars - have to time it to collect them while they are gold because they are dangerous when black.

I like the fact that, so far, it is progressing by adding new features to think about rather than by making the individual jumps harder to make.

I think I'd better finish the demo before buying, just in case, but it's looking good and has grown on me after only a total of 20 mins playing over 3 visits. I just hope I get to keep the guide line all the way through

Another tip, to help make the most of demo time: Sometimes it seems impossible to line up a jump without the guide line looking as though she will jump too high and hit an obstacle at the top, but you need to see if it goes through a perch and bear in mind that, so long as she jumps high enough to get her feet above a perch, she will stop at that perch and not go any further on that jump.

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 7:06:19 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Apr 26, 12 6:40 AM
I'm a big fan of platform games. This is a step beyond where you have to plan your jumps. Patience is key. This is a very cool little game for all ages. Hand eye coordination. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo but I'm not sure about buying. Hmm..what to do..

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 26, 12 7:58 AM
This seems more like an app than a full-blown game, but is quite enjoyable for what it is. I'll be using a credit on it. Hope someone does a walkthrough because some levels are quite challenging to get all the stars.

jgehrke
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jgehrke on Apr 26, 12 8:14 AM
A very fun game. Can be played faster or slower - faster to get through each level, or slower and more carefully to get as many stars as you can. As far as I know unique and creative game play that is simple to control but more challenging to master. Game can be played for just a few minutes or longer periods. I generally like casual games like match 3 or platformer types - this is a nice variation for me and one of my favorites in a while.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Apr 26, 12 10:37 AM
This was a cute but hard game...grin. I only obtained 17 out of 30 stars. I think I'll play this one while hubby plays Angry Birds.
Seriously though, this was a cute game, and I had fun playing.
Thanks,
Kathey

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Apr 26, 12 8:13 PM
It's cute, but I can't play a game where I keep hitting the poor birdie. LOL I'll save my money, and the birdie.

[Post New]by Squeakandme on Apr 27, 12 7:50 PM
Cute game, fun, but I have one major issue. The level select screen only have the first 10 levels out of 30 for each chapter. I left off on level 23, and in order to finish the chapter, I have to go back to level 10. Then when I got stuck on level 10 in chapter 2, the game tells me I can skip it, but I can't because you can't choose a level past 10. Is this a glitch or is there something I am not seeing? I clicked everything on the screen to no avail.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 28, 12 7:15 AM
the game was fun, creative, and different. if you are up to challenges then you will like this game

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jantea331 on May 4, 12 9:57 AM
Squeakandme wrote:Cute game, fun, but I have one major issue. The level select screen only have the first 10 levels out of 30 for each chapter. I left off on level 23, and in order to finish the chapter, I have to go back to level 10. Then when I got stuck on level 10 in chapter 2, the game tells me I can skip it, but I can't because you can't choose a level past 10. Is this a glitch or is there something I am not seeing? I clicked everything on the screen to no avail.

There are 10 levels and on each level you can get 30 stars.

[Post New]by naitowtf on Mar 10, 14 11:58 PM
really love this game from 2012..just managed to clear all the levels recently..with the help of this forum..

the game is easy to understand and control..images are nice for all ages i think..it is interesting yet challenging but still can make through..but any updates please? new chapter please?

Go to: