wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Level 48

[Post New]by wndf on Apr 26, 12 10:02 AM
Okay, this is one of these levels where you just click and click... But still, some strategy for the start seems needed. I haven't yet figured out how to start this level in order to finish in gold time. Who has? I am always at least two days short. I have built two factories, but there seems to be no time to produce enough materials, and demolish one of them at the right time to be able to build the ninth villa... Please help me!

kitbit
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Level 48

[Post New]by kitbit on Apr 26, 12 11:46 AM
Ok, I just managed gold by the skin of my teeth.

1. Build sawmill, make 1000 wood.
2. Clear paths and buy 2 more workers. Don't forget to dig up map piece at some point.
3. Build villa.
4.Make wood.
5. I kept the two slots below the worker's cabin for two more sawmills.
6. So build 2 more villas and upgrade to 3 stars.
7. Keep buying workers! I think I ended up with almost 20,
8. Buy parking spaces as cash allows but keep that sawmill going!
9. Build two more sawmills as soon as you can and keep them running - i think i had all 3 villas with 3stars and both parking spaces before i did this tho.
10. Build bridge.
11. Build villa on open space and send workers to chase away monkeys.
12. Build 3 more villas and upgrade all 4 on that side to 3 stars.
13. Demolish two sawmills when you have 6000 wood free.
14. Build and upgrade last two villas.

Good luck!

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by wndf on Apr 26, 12 1:50 PM
Kibit! You had the key! I finished with one day to spare. Thanks!

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on May 7, 12 10:27 AM
Thank you thank you! Got it

Vera_Indie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Vera_Indie on May 9, 12 11:09 AM
Thank you kidbit! Turned out to be quite easy once I followed the clear plan you proposed!

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on May 19, 12 8:37 PM
Once I got it into my head that I didn't need to tear down all 3 mills...I got it!

[Post New]by punkstammy on May 21, 12 4:37 PM
i've been following this, but still can't seem to get it.

[Post New]by spreadlaughs on May 22, 12 3:13 AM
Thanks to you I could finally get a old star!!!

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on May 26, 12 10:55 PM
A way to do this without feeling frantic:

Do this part as you can:

Build factory, clear 2 debris available. Continue clearing debris/ape last.
As soon as factory is done, buy 1000.
Buy workers, Buy 1000 again
You should have enough workers to make 2 villas at the bottom. Leave the middle alone for the moment.

Build another villa, buying workers with every 1k over after you buy 1k in supplies. You should now have at least 6 workers, 3 villas at the bottom.

Continue upgrading those 3 villas at the bottom to 3 star while buying materials and workers. Buy cars when you feel it's the right time. Save up to build a total of 3 factories. Then build and upgrade the final villa in the right middle, while making materials non stop in your 3 factories and buying more workers.

By now you have a large workforce, a lot of material. Build the bridge, demolish one of the factories. Start building your last villas while making materials at your 2 factories left. You get to a point where you don't need to gather money, so ignore it.

Demolish another factory, start building your last villa. Concentrate on that one, while sending workers to your other villas.

I finish with over 2k in supplies for overdoing it, and over a a day and half left.

(hope that flows well, I did it 3 times to try to explain it well, each time I finish with too many supplies, but plenty of time left)

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 11:00:10 PM PST

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Jun 3, 12 4:45 PM
I've tried it both ways suggested here, and neither works for me. The closest I can get is 8 3-star villas, with the 9th being upgraded to 1 star on the last day. I just don't get it.

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Jun 5, 12 7:26 PM
Does anybody have an alternate strategy for this one? It's driving me nuts.

[Post New]by SexyViciousAngel on Jun 12, 12 12:40 AM
kimberly7777 wrote:A way to do this without feeling frantic:

Do this part as you can:

Build factory, clear 2 debris available. Continue clearing debris/ape last.
As soon as factory is done, buy 1000.
Buy workers, Buy 1000 again
You should have enough workers to make 2 villas at the bottom. Leave the middle alone for the moment.

Build another villa, buying workers with every 1k over after you buy 1k in supplies. You should now have at least 6 workers, 3 villas at the bottom.

Continue upgrading those 3 villas at the bottom to 3 star while buying materials and workers. Buy cars when you feel it's the right time. Save up to build a total of 3 factories. Then build and upgrade the final villa in the right middle, while making materials non stop in your 3 factories and buying more workers.

By now you have a large workforce, a lot of material. Build the bridge, demolish one of the factories. Start building your last villas while making materials at your 2 factories left. You get to a point where you don't need to gather money, so ignore it.

Demolish another factory, start building your last villa. Concentrate on that one, while sending workers to your other villas.

I finish with over 2k in supplies for overdoing it, and over a a day and half left.

(hope that flows well, I did it 3 times to try to explain it well, each time I finish with too many supplies, but plenty of time left)

EXCELLENT!!! I FINALLY got this with a little less than half a day to spare and got gold, thank you! (Funny how getting gold makes us so giddy, lol!)

NYCgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by NYCgamer on Aug 1, 12 9:40 AM
I've tried both strategies mentioned here and I can't seem to make it in time. Always just starting to build the last villa when the 28th day runs out. Any other ways to do it? Or maybe refinement of the ways discussed above? Pulling my hair out. And stuck until I can manage it. Hate to go forward without gold as I've accidentally done it already twice.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 2, 12 1:45 AM
Hi - I just managed to get Gold again after a few tries and the strategy is not much different from those above:

- Build a Factory and buy Wood whenever you can
- Clear the Debris and Gorilla
- Upgrade to 7 Workers
- Build 3 Villas on the spaces furthest away
- Upgrade the 3 Villas to 2*
- Upgrade to 9 Workers
- Upgrade the Villas to 3*
- Buy the Cars
- Build 2 Factories and buy Wood whenever you can
- Upgrade to 11 Workers (gives you 2 crews of 4 and 3 to collect the Wood)
- Build the Bridge and clear the Gorillas
- Build 4 Villas and upgrade them all to 3*
- Demolish 2 Factories
- Build 2 Villas and upgrade both to 3*

The last Villa was upgraded just before time ran out, hope that helps!

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Aug 19, 12 4:37 PM
I recently tried to replay this game and I managed to get gold almost every time on 1st try, a few 2nd tries without looking at walkthroughs until I got to this level.

This one is so much clicking and timing, I'm going to try my own walkthrough and then the others here.

This one is nuts.

Go to: