bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Shining Plume

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 27, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Shining Plume? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Shining Plume page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Shining Plume

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 27, 12 12:42 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 27, 12 1:37 AM

The story and characters are really good with unfolding mysteries. The map is a little sparse with not as many places to explore as I'd like. The game is extremely linear with few sidequests. The monsters are visible, though not avoidable with boss battles that are kind of long.

"Shining Plume 2" is already available and continues the story where this game leaves off.

edited for crummy grammar

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 1:41:33 AM PST

leilanibz
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by leilanibz on Apr 29, 12 12:45 AM
Good game, poor grammar and spelling tho. Wordy, but I am enjoying the storyline.

Update - Beat the game, and I had fun. When is part II coming out?

Edited on 04/29/2012 at 1:10:08 AM PST

[Post New]by rainangelkagome on May 7, 12 6:02 PM
I love the story line, though for some reason I really thought there was a romance going on between Akira (who I thought was a lot older than 14) and Jun/Ken at the beginning. The grandma part kinda freaked me out, I would have really enjoyed the story more if Akira and Jun/Ken had gotten together.

Regardless of the story, here is what I think technically. Controls are great, savings easy, the only real complaint I have is that there was no way to keep track of what quests you were supposed to be completing. Therefore, it was easy to forget about side quests and if you save after a big plot point, it wasn't always easy to remember what you were supposed to be doing.

Another detail I liked was the beautifully done drawings of the character that appeared every time they talked. It's something I really enjoy from RPG games since its usually bad graphics.

My comment to BFG is when are you getting Shining Plume 2? I've seen it out on other sites and would prefer to buy it from your web site. However, if you're not bringing it in I will go buy it from them.

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on May 11, 12 5:13 AM
I've played RPG games for years now and this is one of the shortest games I've ever played. Just when the game was getting good, it ended. I enjoyed it while I was playing it. The monsters are visable, and they can be tough in some places, but I enjoy that kind of challange. I feel like I did not get my monies worth. I usually play an RPG for close to 30 hours, this game ended at 8, and that's with me taking my time. A disapointment.

[Post New]by Cathee on May 27, 12 3:06 PM
I agree. I loved this game but I thought I was still at the beginning when it ended.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 28, 14 8:34 PM
I have only just got back into RPGs, and tried this and the second "Shining Plume" game. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the wording. Too many Japanese words - didn't know what they meant - and too many unpronouncable names as well.

This might all be very nice for Japanese gamers, but for me many of the words used were just too foreign, which meant I kept forgetting them shortly after reading them.

Not only that, one of the "Lords" pretty early into the game suddenly had a lower class kind of English accent (sounded almost the way you think a pirate is supposed to talk). That didn't mix at all with the otherwise stiff Japanese-type of comments.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 18, 14 2:01 AM
I have decided to get the game, even though the "accents" are terrible. Not only do I "hear" lower class English accents, but quite a bit of a Scottish accent as well. What was the developer thinking?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by 38210 on Oct 10, 14 1:21 PM
I was disappointed by "Vagrant Hearts". Here there's some improvement.
The enemies are well drawn (though seen in "The Book of Legends"). The story seems weak at the start but gets better and the cliffhanger is good enough to play the other episode to know more.

The speech sometimes is puzzling" but fortunatley there are normal sentences to still understand.
I paid it $10 cos I was a new customer and didn't pay attention there was no discount . So 7h30 of playing for $10, ouch!

Go to: