Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Q CHANGED I planted a fruit tree. Why didn't I get eco points for my company at end of level?

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 27, 12 5:38 AM
I'm playing level 10 and went at the seed production hammer and tongs to get enough to plant a fruit tree as one of my 3 eco spots on the map and still make the gold target.

I thought that in the end of level display I'd get some increased eco rating for the company (where it has a sub-heading for 'trees') but I didn't.

The only time I had any eco credit at the end level screen so far was the level where I chose to not chop down an existing oak tree.

I even tried again (using restart button so that I was recalculating the company scores) & building 2 fruit trees this time but still didn't get an improved eco rating.

What do you have to do to increase your company's eco rating?

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 6:06:42 AM PST

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Q CHANGED I planted a fruit tree. Why didn't I get eco points for my company at end of level

[Post New]by wndf on Apr 27, 12 6:40 AM
As far as I've seen; you get gold rating for:
- finishing in gold time (10pt);
- digging up treasures (3pt per treasure).
Perhaps you get gold for shooting monkeys as well; haven't tried it yet, because this first time around I am a goody-goody Eco fanatic.

You get eco rating for:
- the animals you don't kill (I thought it was 3pt per scared away animal);
- not chopping down trees and such.

And furthermore, there are some choices for paths throughout the game; will you choose the money or the birdies/bunnies/butterflies?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Q CHANGED I planted a fruit tree. Why didn't I get eco points for my company at end of leve

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 27, 12 7:57 AM
Thanks. That explains it .

I saw 'trees' as a category for extra eco rating and thought planting one would help.

From what you are saying, seems like it's only about not chopping down existing trees - no credit for planting extra ones.

I went on and finished the level in gold time and I see what you mean about paths because I was then offered a choice(of course, I chose the birdies/bunnies & butterflies ) and am now getting campsite eco points for scaring bears instead of shooting them (I have to say it looks more like dancing at them to me LOL but I suppose dancing can be scary sometimes ).

I did see that I got animal eco rating points on the end screen for that level too.

On a separate note - it'll be great for replay value if choosing the other path next time turns out to give totally different challenges and goals rather than just the same ones with a slight slant in money direction instead of eco.

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 8:04:31 AM PST

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Q CHANGED I planted a fruit tree. Why didn't I get eco points for my company at end of level

[Post New]by hyperbole on Apr 27, 12 7:57 PM
Daisy_May, from what I've seen on the threads here, there is a big difference as to which path you take. Some intrepid souls who have a profile on each path are reporting that taking the money path is a lot easier than all this tree hugging I'm doing. I'll have to wait until I get through to find out though. I don't have their fortitude .

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 28, 12 5:59 AM
That's good to know thanks (that it's different). Like you, I am going to try one path completely before checking out the other.

Re:Q CHANGED I planted a fruit tree. Why didn't I get eco points for my company at end of leve

[Post New]by EricHagen on May 10, 12 6:37 AM
The mystery of what adds to your money and Eco score:
At the end of each level a window pops up.
If you got a gold star and or dug treasure you get a boost to your Money score.
If you have not shot animals and or do not cut down trees you get a boost to your Eco score.
If you hit the OK button that permanently fixes those changes for that level.
Going back again will not change your levels.
If you hit the RESTART button the changes do not take effect and you restart the level.

So, If you do a level and say miss a treasure or don't get gold and then go to the next level, you will miss those bonuses forever (under that Company name).

It is important to do the best you can on a level before you move on, it makes the later levels easier.

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 6:41:57 AM PST

Go to: