swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Disappearing Gas Mask Solution - Possible Spoiler!!

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 28, 12 6:22 AM
This is what worked for me:

Once the you have the chain, baseball bat, red valve and gas mask, go to the basement and play the mini valve game.

1. Proceed to kitchen and smash the window,
2. Put on gas mask
3. Push the red button on the overhanging fan.
4. Turn on the dryer
5. Click dryer door to get the towel.
6. Take the large bone in the pot
7. Click the fridge door for hidden object game

The problem I had, and possible others: We opened the fridge door before all the above and then left the kitchen, only to find out we had to return and by that time the gas mask will be gone and you can't zoom in on either the dryer nor the stove.

Step 1-7 worked for me, hope it helps other fishes!

Developer note:
If the game was meant to be played in such a linear fashion, it shouldn't be possible to open the fridge door prior to having solved the gas problem.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

Re:Disappearing Gas Mask Solution - Possible Spoiler!!

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 28, 12 7:59 AM
Thanks swedane This is what I intend to do right now as I am about to start the game again and see if it works for me.

I really like this game and so NEED to find out what happens!!!

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 28, 12 8:14 AM
Hi Rachieroos,

Would you please, let me know if it worked for you?

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 28, 12 8:18 AM
I had the gasmask, entered the kitchen and pulled back out b/c I didn't know what to do; so without doing anything in the kitchen....yes, gas mask disappeared. I started again with a new profile and made sure I knew what I had to look for before entering the kitchen!
I opened the fridge, played the H0 scene,
proceeded to the dryer to get the towel and finally
got the bone....

Having problems now in finding the butterfly...really hope I don't have to start all over again with yet a new profile...lol! Starting to feel schizophrenic as it is

Other than that I love the game!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 28, 12 8:43 AM
Just tried it and it DIDN'T work Finished the HO scene in the kitchen, didn't back out but when the HO scene finished and gave me the oil, I was back in the kitchen sans gas mask and unable to open the washer or the pan.

Don't want to have to chuck the game but don't know what else to do.

ETA Just re-read your first post properly swedane and realised I am being a doofus and did the fridge HO first AGAIN!! Duh. 3rd time lucky off I go

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 8:44:41 AM PST

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Apr 28, 12 9:00 AM
I had gotten the gas mask before going into the kitchen, and for me also it disappeared after using it for the refrigerator, not allowing me to get the towel or bone. Bummer as I was using the demo and cant start all over again.

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Apr 28, 12 9:43 AM
Restarted the game and followed your steps exactly. Red button still didn't work.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 28, 12 9:47 AM
elde wrote:
Having problems now in finding the butterfly...really hope I don't have to start all over again with yet a new profile...lol! Starting to feel schizophrenic as it is

Other than that I love the game!
No, you don't have to restart the game in order to find the butterfly, which you will find in the nurses house where the big LARGE Rottweiler (dog) is out front, hence the bone.

It's only the kitchen puzzles, as I mentioned in my earlier post, that has to be done in a linear fashion, after that you don't have to worry about getting off track.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Apr 28, 12 9:59 AM
When I put the gas mask on, I push but button but cannot see the fridge. I also cannot push dryer button.

Sorry, but although this looked like a pretty good game, I think I'll pass.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 28, 12 10:27 AM
jsfurman wrote:When I put the gas mask on, I push but button but cannot see the fridge. I also cannot push dryer button.

Sorry, but although this looked like a pretty good game, I think I'll pass.
You are not suppose to even touch the fridge until you have turned off the gas in the basement and turned on the fan above the stove, plus the dryer and the bone in the pot. Please read my post and follow it, step 1-7 included, and you wont have to restart the game with a different profile.

jinxi1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jinxi1 on Apr 28, 12 10:28 AM
same thing, put on gasmask and can not see frig. push red button and nothing happiens!!!! please help!!!!

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 28, 12 10:39 AM
To everyone having a problem with the gas mask (so sorry if this has been posted before), turn of the gas first!! You can get the mask before you turn of the gas, but don't go into the kitchen before you've put out the gas (basement...valve!). After that, I think you can enter the kitchen and get your items in any order.....

[Post New]by doowats on Apr 28, 12 10:46 AM
Thanks!

swedane wrote:This is what worked for me:

Once the you have the chain, baseball bat, red valve and gas mask, go to the basement and play the mini valve game.

2. Put on gas mask
4. Turn on the dryer

The problem I had, and possible others: We opened the fridge door before all the above and then left the kitchen, only to find out we had to return and by that time the gas mask will be gone and you can't zoom in on either the dryer nor the stove.

Developer note:
If the game was meant to be played in such a linear fashion, it shouldn't be possible to open the fridge door prior to having solved the gas problem.

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on Apr 28, 12 1:33 PM
I enjoyed this game right up to the gas mask part - there should be NO reason that we should have to start the whole game again just because we didnt do something in the 'right order'!!!

Developers, BIG mistake, and a great way to alienate your paying public!

This will be a no buy for me solely because of that fact.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Apr 28, 12 1:38 PM
Tambil wrote:I enjoyed this game right up to the gas mask part - there should be NO reason that we should have to start the whole game again just because we didnt do something in the 'right order'!!!

Developers, BIG mistake, and a great way to alienate your paying public!

This will be a no buy for me solely because of that fact.

Just follow the 'rules' of the game...Imho it's a SE game, with a guide!!, worthy to be labelled CE talking story, length etc. I started over again after the gas mask disaster and it's actually a very logical game....happy gaming! Don't give up on this game yet

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 28, 12 4:14 PM
Swedane

Thank you so much

I did go back and follow your instructions to the letter - and they worked!

Anyone who is put off by the gas mask fiasco, it is worth retrying because the game is great! It is 12.15am here in the UK and I am in bed with my laptop (and DH, but he is snoring!) and about to play the game some more

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Apr 28, 12 5:39 PM
swedane, you explained it perfectly. I started with a new profile and the sequence worked. Other than this, I am enjoying the game. You can unlock wallpapers and have a strategy guide built in. Except for some quality control issues, I think it is an interesting game.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 28, 12 6:19 PM
I couldn't enter the kitchen, although I tried. Said the gas was still strong. So I got the mask, pushed the button on the stove fan, at which point the mask disappeared, and then did the fridge hos. After that, I did the dryer, and lastly got the bone out of the pot. Think it is weird how some of us can do things out of sequence and others can't. I can't get the piano keys to work right for me. So I finally skipped that one.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Apr 28, 12 7:55 PM
Thank you swedane for posting your solution, it worked great. The game is worth trying 3 times to move on.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Apr 29, 12 3:23 AM
swedane wrote:This is what worked for me:

2. Put on gas mask
4. Turn on the dryer

Developer note:

Haha you are exactly right. I had to start this game over 3 times before I read your post. Thanks for the tip. You will be happy to know, each time you start the game over, the hidden object scenes are different. Thats a plus. Cool game

Go to: