jgracinfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Morphing objects

[Post New]by jgracinfan on Apr 29, 12 5:59 AM
Why are there no morphing objects as shown in the guide?

calsmom2001
Catfish
Catfish
1,746 Posts

Re:Morphing objects

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 29, 12 8:28 AM
These seem to me to be the sneakiest morphing objects I've ever seen (or not seen). The game achievements section says there are 22 objects. The guide, as far as I can tell, only shows 15! Somehow, I managed to find 17, but I don't see myself ever finding 22 - the first few I ran across were true "morphing" objects, but many of them later on simply disappear - they're there, and then they're not. This seems unfair to me, as you must be either looking at the object when it disappears or have the kind of memory that lets you look at a scene, memorize everything in it, then notice when something is gone (and often the object is so faded as to be very difficult to see).

The more usual morphing object at least gives the visual clue of one thing being replaced by another. That way when you run your eyes back over the scene, there is something to trigger a reaction: hey, that clown used to be a witch!, or whatever (this is not an actual instance in the game).

In any case, if even the developers didn't list them all, I don't know how they expect players to find them.

kaitlinn
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Apr 29, 12 8:43 AM
I found 18, and while the WT does not list all 22, I was able to locate 4 that I missed. However, I am not sure I want to put in the extra time to play again with all the problems. I may wait for a update.

calsmom2001
Catfish
Catfish
1,746 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 29, 12 8:52 AM
kaitlinn wrote:I found 18, and while the WT does not list all 22, I was able to locate 4 that I missed. However, I am not sure I want to put in the extra time to play again with all the problems. I may wait for a update.

Wow, hats off for finding that many!

I didn't encounter any problems, other than two scenes where the hints kept telling me there was something to do when there wasn't (the car and the clown's clothes), but I gather from the forums that I was one of the lucky ones.

Still, though, a very good, long game, and I look forward to other Lazy Turtle games.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Apr 29, 12 5:37 PM
I found 18, and the guide listed 15. not sure I want to play again to find all. Should we post those not listed in guide?

SSueSQ
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSueSQ on Apr 29, 12 8:50 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would appreciate any extra morphing objects being posted. I have looked... and looked... and looked, but I can't find any more than 18. The strategy guide and the walkthrough only show 17. I would like to know if there really are 22 or is that just a gimmick to get us to play the game again.... and again. Help please.

Poof11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Apr 29, 12 11:45 PM
On my first go around, I found 20 of the morphing objects. I did try to revisit all of the scenes prior to the ending to see if I could find the others but no luck. I am running through the game again to see if I can find the other 2.
Two that I do remeber that aren't listed were:
Both are at the small house location where the dog is in front: left window at the top of the house is a protractor and inside the lady liberty has morphing scales in her hand.Hope this helps. Good luck all. I will repost if I do manage to find the two that I didn't find the first time around.

SSueSQ
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSueSQ on Apr 30, 12 2:57 AM
I managed to find 21 but just couldn't find that last one. I figure it must be there somewhere or they wouldn't say there are 22. What gets me is that they are not in the strategy guide or the walkthrough. Actually, the walkthrough looks like an exact copy of the strategy guide. How lame!

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on May 2, 12 12:37 AM
SSueSQ wrote:I managed to find 21 but just couldn't find that last one. I figure it must be there somewhere or they wouldn't say there are 22. What gets me is that they are not in the strategy guide or the walkthrough. Actually, the walkthrough looks like an exact copy of the strategy guide. How lame!

SSueSQ, I played this game twice now. The first time I only found 16 and the second time I was able to find 21 but simply could not find that last one either. I wonder if it's really only 21 or if it's just so well hidden that no one seems to be able to find it. Fun game though!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,280 Posts

Re:Morphing objects - Abandoned Chestnut Lodge

[Post New]by vicalana on May 4, 12 5:46 AM
eedebeep wrote:I found 18, and the guide listed 15. not sure I want to play again to find all. Should we post those not listed in guide?

I went through the guide - seems very odd that they say there are 22 and list only 15. I think I found 16, but they weren't the usual MOs as others have said. They don't always change they simply appear. Great game though!!

[Post New]by blazingmane on May 5, 12 3:45 PM

I found 21 morphing objects and I'm so disappointed that no complete list exist to help with the last one. Did anyone find all 22? Boohoo.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on May 6, 12 1:07 PM
I got all of the achievements, except for the changing objects. GRRRR!!! Like some of you , I found only 21. I have played this thing 3 times. I think it is a great game, it makes you think, and is not as easy as most HOG's. Great value for a SE. The missing object is driving me nuts though.......

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,541 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on May 6, 12 7:20 PM
I found 20 of the 22. Kept a list of where I found them to see if that would help me. It is strange that the guide doesn't show them all.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on May 8, 12 10:05 AM
I finally found all the morphing objects. SPOILER ALERT!!! Here is a list--

-Police Tape in opening scene
-Lamp over door to puzzle room (appears as a baseball)
-Mushroom under the tree by the garage
-Pineapple at top of fountain ( on the plate the statue is holding)
-Hanging plant on the porch of asylum
-Portrait in the lounge above the sofa
-Green sign downstairs ( appears to be a stick figure walking on stairs)
-Framed picture in the stairwell
- Diving sign by the pool
-Skull on metal table in the morgue
-Cadaceus on the front of desk in the office
-Turkey in the oven ( Kitchen)
-Left round window on the front of small house (protractor)
-Antennae on top of rusty shed
-Cemetary on top of brick fence post
-Safety service box in garage ( american flag)
-Watch on skeleton in van (garage)
-Statue in small house holding scales
-Clock in left room of small house
-Shoe under bed in right room of small house
-Syringe on table in Nurses room ( left of elevator)
-Hourglass in computer room

This game was a challenge...loved it!!

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on May 10, 12 9:38 AM
Thank you Robin for listing those!!! I would NEVER have seen that turkey in the oven!!!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on May 20, 12 2:29 PM
...............I guess it pays to do the introductory "tutoring" bit in the beginning of the game [and I DIDN'T ] because I never noticed the "morphing/changing" objects to look for until I was well into Chapter 2 or so..............then I saw them for awhile, and toward the end, not at all. I only found 10 of the 22 even after going back to early sites where they were supposed to be, but they weren't. Many thanks to robinrn for the list that I can use next time I play it!!!!

pcpat923
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Aug 14, 12 1:58 PM
A Big Fish Games "thank you" to robinrn for posting all 22 morphing objects. Not an easy task! Was able to replay game and find them all. Yay!

[Post New]by NurseKarla on Nov 18, 12 4:33 PM
robbinrn wrote: I finally found all the morphing objects. SPOILER ALERT!!! Here is a list--

-Police Tape in opening scene
-Lamp over door to puzzle room (appears as a baseball)
-Mushroom under the tree by the garage
-Pineapple at top of fountain ( on the plate the statue is holding)
-Hanging plant on the porch of asylum
-Portrait in the lounge above the sofa
-Green sign downstairs ( appears to be a stick figure walking on stairs)
-Framed picture in the stairwell
- Diving sign by the pool
-Skull on metal table in the morgue
-Cadaceus on the front of desk in the office
-Turkey in the oven ( Kitchen)
-Left round window on the front of small house (protractor)
-Antennae on top of rusty shed
-Cemetary on top of brick fence post
-Safety service box in garage ( american flag)
-Watch on skeleton in van (garage)
-Statue in small house holding scales
-Clock in left room of small house
-Shoe under bed in right room of small house
-Syringe on table in Nurses room ( left of elevator)
-Hourglass in computer room

This game was a challenge...loved it!!

Thank you SO much!

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Sep 30, 14 2:54 PM
Thanks so much to robbinrn! I was tearing my hair out, and now I don't have to go bald lol

Go to: