floating mouse

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

floating mouse

[Post New]by lauder on Jan 30, 09 1:12 PM
does anyone else have a floating mouse with this game , I only had this problem once with another game. help please everything is up to date with my system

Bratt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:floating mouse

[Post New]by Bratt on Jan 30, 09 3:29 PM
I also have serious lag with this game.Whats going on?

bfgErie
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 30, 09 3:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the mouse in this game. I know that you said that everything is up to date, but we have a great article on our help pages that might help you spot something you missed. Here's a link:

Help My Games Run Better

If you are still having problems, I would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support department. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

bfgErie

ajones7252
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ajones7252 on Jan 30, 09 4:55 PM
I too am having a problem with a floating mouse. Not sure I am going to buy this one because of this problem.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jan 30, 09 5:03 PM
I probaly would have bought this game but from what I noticed if I have a problem with a game then I have a problem later on with the game. so I quess I will just have to wait till another game comes out that I like

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jan 30, 09 8:17 PM
if anyone gets there mouse working right with the game let us know and what you did. thank you

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 09 8:31 PM
have you tried switching to windowed mode? sometimes a mouse that doesn't work right full screen will be fine in windowed (or vice versa).

ajones7252
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ajones7252 on Jan 31, 09 9:10 AM
I played the full 60 minutes and the further I got into the game the worse my mouse became. It was floating all over and even the clouds in the sky were jerking and jumping. This game I will not purchase. It is a good game but there is a problem with the mouse. I did not switch the windowed mode. Do not know how to do that. Thanks for all the help.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
470 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 31, 09 9:18 AM
Erie, I went to the link you provided and it was giving help for people having problem with their sound. I had a problem with my curser with this game and with another recent game. I have a high speed connection, Windows Vista and I do daily updates. Not sure that there is anything more I could do.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
470 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 31, 09 9:21 AM
Jones, you can usually switch to window mode by going to "options" on the main menu.

I don't have a large monitor so to make my view even smaller with the window mode would make hidden object games much too difficult. I'm just going to take a pass on these games with a floating curser that don't give you an option to get rid of it.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 31, 09 9:29 AM
gosh, i must be one of the lucky ones, my mouse is fine with the game, my problem is lag .... sometimes i play the game and it's fine, then i'll go back later and it's lags .. grrrrrrrrrr .. looks a good game, just not sure wether to buy it ..

I'm using a laptop with vista , and I alos close down all other programmes when I'm playing it ..

Lou

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
470 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 31, 09 1:36 PM
I don't have any other programs open or running when I'm playing games either. I don't know why there is a problem with the curser on some of these newer games. I hope someone is working on the problem since I'm not the only one.

[Post New]by kammilahofg on Jan 31, 09 1:52 PM
I also have a floating and jerky mouse. I agree it does look like a cool game. I tried saving the game to desktop and then changing the compatibility to run in Windows XP and Administator mode (which sometimes helps) but not this time. Can't game makers make sure their games play in Vista BEFORE they release them?

[Post New]by FrustratedPlayer on Jan 31, 09 6:23 PM
I, too, am having problems with this floating cursor.

I followed the instructions on making sure my video drivers were current, and they are. Changed my mouse, even though it is only 1 month old, no improvement.

Is there some patch to correct this problem, seeing as it looks like a number of people are encountering it? Is anyone even working on a correction?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 31, 09 6:31 PM
Make sure that customer support knows about your problem. If you know how to run DxDiag, attach the output of that to you message. The more data that the developer has on the systems that are having problems, the more likely it is that they will figure it out.

I'm not in any way connected to the developer of this game, but I am a game developer by trade and know how infuriating it is to have a game that works just fine on every system we tested it on do something this annoying. If we can't reproduce the problem, we not only don't have a good idea of how to fix it, we can't test to make sure it IS fixed before we issue a bugfix release.

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on Feb 1, 09 9:26 AM
The floating mouse problem is infuriating, particularly in timed mode.

I've had the problem on other games, but not to this extent.

I bought the game, because it has some good stuff, but when I've wasted five minutes of nine trying to get the [expletive deleted] cursor on the object I found immediately, with eight other objects to go, well . . .

I'm going to sacrifice my progress, uninstall, make sure everything is updated, and then try again.

I'm not a happy camper, though.

Sher57
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Sher57 on Feb 1, 09 12:08 PM
I to am having the same problem and I am playing the relaxed mode. Sure don't want to buy this if it is going to run so crazy. My mouse is all over the board.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 1, 09 1:37 PM
kammilahofg wrote:I also have a floating and jerky mouse. I agree it does look like a cool game. I tried saving the game to desktop and then changing the compatibility to run in Windows XP and Administator mode (which sometimes helps) but not this time. Can't game makers make sure their games play in Vista BEFORE they release them?

I am playing this game in Windows Vista and do not have a floating mouse problem. My game is running perfectly fine. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and it's running smoothly. Sometimes in my games in the past if my mouse floats or like sticks to the screen, I change the batteries in my mouse and then it runs perfectly fine. That's an idea you could try. Just a thought.

Sassy

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on Feb 1, 09 5:57 PM
[/i]I, too, was playing with Windows Vista, using a Logitech trackball.

It didn't get any better on reinstall. Again, [i]caveat emptor.[i]

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Feb 2, 09 10:34 AM
I was having major problems with my mouse on some of the newer games that have come out. I had windows Vista with service pac 1. I deleted the service pac and everything is working smoothly. No mouse problems anymore.

Just thought I would let you know how I solved my problem.

Happy gaming everyone!

Skeets

Go to: