bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dead Hungry Diner technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 3:38:56 AM PST

Re:Post any Dead Hungry Diner technical issues here only

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Apr 30, 12 5:47 AM
I think this game may have installed a program called Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable on my computer without my approval.

I hit "run" to install the demo of the game and then left for a few minutes. When I came back, there was a pop-up asking me to approve the installation. I clicked "cancel" but it just kept installing. I hit "cancel" to at least two other pop-ups related to the installation but ended up with "installation complete."

Is it possible this was connected to the game, or is it just a coincidence? And should I uninstall this thing or might it be something I need to run the game?

BTW, I have uninstalled the game and will not be buying it.

Thank you,

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Apr 30, 12 6:04 AM
This happened to me as well. I tried it both ways and the result was the same. The game will not go to full screen and will not load--the screen stays black and keeps loading. I have tried reinstalling and that does not work.

[Post New]by bensmom521 on Apr 30, 12 7:00 AM
Same thing here. Tried on 2 different computers, can't get it to work. Once, it took a minute off my demo time, but most times, it just goes back to "play again."

[Post New]by bensmom521 on Apr 30, 12 7:06 AM
Also made sure my Windows system was updated. It is, so that's not the problem.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Apr 30, 12 7:58 AM
I updated my video card driver from the nvidia.com website--it works fine now. Hope this helps.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 12 8:26 AM
Hi Fishies!

coffeemom2 and just to let you know that you will need to install that additional add-on so that the game will work.

This component is required to run certain elements of the game, so please try to install that game again but accept the add-on installation.

As with all BIg Fish downloads, we can assure you that this is safe to do.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Apr 30, 12 9:09 AM
Thank you for your reply, bfgBaikal! But actually, the add-on installed itself, even though I didn't approve it. I hit "cancel" several times, but it just ignored me The game installed just fine, but I uninstalled it after about 10 minutes because I just didn't like the game.

I'm glad to know that the forced download of the Visual C thing is a component of the game and not adware of some sort. Thank you for the reassurance.

[Post New]by bensmom521 on Apr 30, 12 10:41 AM
Did install add-on to both computers. Still doesn't work. Very frustrated, because I love TM games, those of you who have played like it, and I would probably buy it. AND, it will give me my 6th punch, which I have to get today.

Edited on 04/30/2012 at 11:10:23 AM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 30, 12 12:05 PM
Hi bensmom521,

When this happens, I've found that sometimes running some updates manually can help get that working:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The help article above will walk you through how to do this, and if you click the blue text it will take you right there.

However if you try these steps (or have already tried them) and the game is still giving you trouble, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help get this sorted out for you. This post:

Getting in contact with Customer Support

has more information on how to get in contact.

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

ScoutsMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ScoutsMom on Apr 30, 12 12:33 PM
Doesnt work. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. All of my software is updated. Shouldnt have to contact anyone to make a game work. Shame. TMs are my favorite.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Apr 30, 12 7:33 PM
Same problem..Downloaded game, but, won't play. I started and restarted computer and even reinstalled game. No help. I wait so long for a TM game and guess what it doesn't work. bummer

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 1, 12 3:35 AM
Hi everyone,

We've now released a new update for this game, fixing the glitch with the installer package some of you've come across. Please read more in the below thread:

NEW version available for PC! May 1st, 2012

As a result, we'll now be locking this thread in order to keep better track of new arising issues after updating to the new version. Please find the new technical issues thread HERE.

Thank you for your patience!

-bfgRhone

Go to: