bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Dead Hungry Diner

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Dead Hungry Diner ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Dead Hungry Diner page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dead Hungry Diner

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Apr 30, 12 1:58 AM
I finished the one hour trial. I got to the second resturant.

monsters come in, you have to seat them, then serve them, then clean the tables.

I had a few problems with the game. The cartoons skipped. I didn't get to read the story. the curser is stupidly large, and I can't tell what I am clicking on.

There are powers you can use to make things easier. You can make the cue happy, or make a table happy. You can turn a customer into a zombie so the tables don't fight with each other. then there is a speed power up. When I used the speed, my curser went all wonky and I had to end the level.

Some of the levels just end with diners still eating. I don't know if that is a glitch, or on purpose.

I'm not sure I would buy this as it is now. It almost looks like it should still be in Beta.
I think I'll skip.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 30, 12 7:16 AM
Wow! BF has a death/zombie thing going on here lately!

The game concept is cute. Typical diner TM. The instructions on how to deal with new characters are very vague and you have to read through the cartoonish descriptions each level and try to figure out what their saying. I wish they would have given instructions an easy to understand manner without making it all Boris Karloff and hard to follow. Example: " Hmmm..Evil Temptress. Hmmm...must kill" Ok, HOW? Next thing you know, all your customers are wiped out and there's no way of knowing how to stop it.

The graphics are childish and although I'm all about TM games and Diner games, this is a no buy for me. There's just too much going on and not enough instruction you can understand.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Apr 30, 12 8:50 AM
Well I did the demo and like this game. I like that it's a point and click instead of drag like the dash games. Guess that's just my preference.

Anyways, I don't know if the folks above me did the quick start or the story mode but in the story mode it tells you exactly how to do everything. I didn't have one problem with the gameplay or the game itself.

While it's not the best TM game ever, I'd still give it a 3.5-4 stars.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 30, 12 2:17 PM
I had no trouble knowing what to do. Even without instructions ( which the story mode definitely has) it seems pretty simple to figure out. I I think the game is fun, I like TM games and certainly this is no Flo in diner dash, but it still works for me. I had no glitches. I will buy it...I feel " Dead Hungry' for something that is not Hidden objects.

vannalle
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by vannalle on Apr 30, 12 10:39 PM

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 12:42:49 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 1, 12 5:28 AM
This could have been so much better and has none of the charm of the Diner Dash games.

For starters, the 'ghouls' are totally unlikable and could have been drawn better. The dialogue between the twins becomes boring quickly and the instructions are not that clear. There are characters like 'Frankie' and 'Shady' who speak in pigeon English (You no have enough money - me no sell anymore).

The whole eating experience isn't too pretty either. You seat your ghouls, they produce a bucket, you then go shake some fruit and serve it up, they eat from a loose pile on the table and eventually shake their money bags at you. The tables are not numbered so, at times, it's difficult to know where to go next and it all gets a bit silly and confusing. I'll persevere, only because I was silly enough to buy it to fill up a PCC, but this is only really for those who miss Diner Dash so much that they need something to try and fill the hole that series has left. It can't be filled with this, sadly, imo.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 1, 12 5:53 AM

Who are 'Frankie' and 'Shady' ?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 3, 12 12:48 PM
I like this game alot. Its very funny and I like the "zombie" theme. For me its a perfect game and a buy

[Post New]by Osuwariboooi on May 20, 12 6:07 PM
I was looking forward to this game but I found myself getting bored very quickly.

On the positive side I did like the dialog and the story-line. I also like the point and click instead of dragging. The figuring out of where to sit people and the magic was cool.

Negatively it got old fast. Even with the seating challenges, only having one food item, it just wasn't enough to keep it interesting.

Go to: