level 40, GAH!

[Post New]by gamester1983 on Apr 30, 12 6:55 PM
oh my goodness, I've been trying to beat level 40 (eco path) with gold for days now. I've come SO CLOSE a couple times, but just can't seem to get seeds fast enough to restore the tree before day 26 closes.

Any tips?

Re:level 40, GAH!

[Post New]by gamester1983 on Apr 30, 12 7:46 PM
I FINALLY did it!! for the record, here's what I did:

- immediately built two chalets in the two open spots (sending the workers to the further spot first will result in both being built just before the first day ends, so you can collect both sacks of money).

- then cleared the lot blocked by one debris pile and dug up the treasure ($3000)

- then built a factory on the cleared lot, cleared one of the ape-blocked lots, hired an extra worker, continued getting wood and building two more chalets (top right and lower left lot)

- started continuously buing lots of wood and upgrading the three chalets on the right side of the screen pretty much continuously. hired extra workers whenever i had an extra $1000. bought the parking lots. cleared the stream on day 12.

- demolished the two chalets closest to the base, built greenhouses there instead, and in the empty lot one over from the base. tore down the factory and built a greenhouse. by now I had three three-star chalets, 16 workers. bought seeds continuously, added gardens when I could, and finished JUST under the wire for gold!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 3, 12 4:53 PM
Well, I can say I have come the closet with your method, but my wrist is going to have to take a rest. Getting ready for garage sale saturday, so will try again next week.
I think so far this is the hardest one.
Wondering, do you shoot the ape or scare him? Are all your lots full at the end? How do you meet the eco points if you only have 3 chalets?

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on May 5, 12 8:11 AM
You get 5 eco points fro each animal you scare, so that will give her 10 eco points. That's how she can have 40 points with only 3 houses.

I can not get gold....I don't think I'm getting seeds and people working on the tree fast enough. On the last day for gold, I still need about 5K seeds to finish the tree! UGH

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 5, 12 3:05 PM
Thanks MDmartin, I was shooting the apes because of the time saved, scaring them was running me a little too slow to even come close.

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on May 6, 12 6:17 AM
Well I finally gave up and tried shooting them, lol....but then you need 5 houses with gardens. This level is ridiculous! I'm moving forward without gold just because I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have much to lose!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 10, 12 7:37 AM
I finally did it, but the difference for me, was to build the first seed factory closest to the workman's house, because I could make the runs faster and built up seeds quicker that way. All beit, I just barely made it, but I MADE IT!!!

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on May 12, 12 1:08 PM
I made it too, and this is how I did it:

Build 1 chalet in the further of the two open spots, and clean debris where there is only 1 debris blocking a spot. Immediately build there the 2nd chalet.

Build the factory in the closest spot to the base, while cleaning debris in the S end of the area, and digging up treasure. You should also be producing workers. As soon as the factory is complete start production. As soon as you have enough supplies, build chalet in the left bottom plot.
Start clearing animals one at a time, starting with the bottom. (I scared them.) When you start having supplies, start upgrading, you should have enough people to do this two houses at a time.

Make sure you stop production on factory when you have enough to upgrade all chalets to 3 stars. Before that, build greenhouse in the right bottom plot and start production. Start clearing debris in river, immediately after start on the tree with only a few workers to start. By this time you should have about 8-10 workers minimum. Also about this time you should have bought or be buying the 2 parking spots. After factory is demolished, build greenhouse there and build greenhouse in the other two plots as soon as money and people become available. You'll need to keep back at least 5 people to keep seed production going and while you are still building greenhouses. You should end with 3 fully-upgraded chalets, 4 greenhouses, about 15-16 workers, and the tree at full production. Don't forget to build gardens on all plots when you can.

Hope this helps. Sorry though that it's a little vague.

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 1:15:27 PM PST

[Post New]by jenkinszell on Jun 10, 12 4:57 PM
GAH is right, after what feels to my wrist a million times. I followed the suggestions here but did it just under 25 days. First off you cannot shoot the bears or you would have to have 4 gardens. And thanks for the tips, they led me to Gold.
What I did:
*Built the chalet in the 2nd open spot away from home base.
*Sent the other 2 guys - 1 to dig the treasure, the other to clear the debris from the single location
*Bought 1 parking space before the house paid
*built the 2nd house as soon as 2 guys became free in space from where the debris was cleared
*when the other 2 guys were free, built the factory (beside home base)
*as 2 guys where free scared the top monkey
*made 600 wood
*bought 2nd parking place
*scared other monkey
*bought an extra man
*built 3rd chalet in the top spot
*started upgrading houses, making wood
*bought an extra man
*sent the guys to clean up the stream - had 6 men by here
* built a greenhouse with the 2 men left
* when the 4 were done, built 2 greenhouses
* if you watch your wood count your last trip you only need 300, then you can destroy the factory and build a greenhouse.
*When a guy was free built one garden
*buying extra guys -sent 4 to the tree
* and a 4th greenhouse in the last spot
* kept buying guys to 15, sending them to the tree
* Don't stop making seed, just kept the 4 greenhouses going and built the last two gardens

I would keep coming in at 26 1/2 days, after doing this enough I finally made it. Amazed it was just under 25, not sure how. The trick is getting those greenhouses going, I had enough built up that pretty much kept the guys busy to almost the end before they were waiting on seed, but then it was only a second.

Good Luck!!! I hope this helps.

[Post New]by dariusenka on Jul 7, 12 10:11 AM
This one was really hard. Thank you, everybody, especially jenkinszell. The combination of your all the tips somehow worked, I made it a second under 26 days.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Sep 9, 14 5:57 PM
Thanks Nanekochan
I Used your method, and on the first try I won Gold with a few days to spare. Thanks so much!!

Thanks!

Go to: