bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

NEW version available for PC! May 1st, 2012

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 1, 12 3:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! We now have a new PC version of Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum that fixes the following:

• Fixed the "empty glass" issue
• Fixed the "missing gas mask" issue
• Fixed the "board and nails" issue
• Fixed the "missing hidden object" issue

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update isn’t showing for you in your Game Manager, just follow these steps:

1. Open up your Game Manager
2. Click on Options in the upper right corner
3. Hit the Games & Downloads tab.
4. Under Game Updates, tick the option Manually
5. Make sure to Check for Updates afterwards

The Game Manager should then show you any available updates that haven’t been applied yet. Looking for more information? Please check the below help article.

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

**Please note: Old save files will not work with the new build. If you choose to download the latest version of this game, you must start over with a new profile.**

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Re:NEW version available for PC! May 1st, 2012

[Post New]by wannaplaynow on May 1, 12 8:38 AM
I did as you suggested and it still does not work. The HOS by the fountain shows all the articles are crossed out (because I have done that scene) but it keeps showing there is a HOS scene there.

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on May 1, 12 9:38 AM
Hi wannaplaynow

You will have to restart as a different playe rname

[Post New]by shadowilinise on May 6, 12 8:31 AM
I have no updates when I unistall and reinstall...and if I go back to the game it ends the same way...stuck before bomb...

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 12, 12 3:02 AM
shadowilinise, the fix will only work by restarting a new player profile. If you continue to have trouble, please contact our Tech Support for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgRhone

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on May 18, 12 11:45 AM
I am going to try that---hopefully it won't take me very long to get to where I was

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on May 19, 12 10:33 AM
The up dates, etc are all very nice, but who wants to buy a game and have all these problems. The Big Fish Quality Control Department needs a serious overhaul! If I want this much stress, I would log on to my job! I think I will have to look for a new game site. Any recommendations?

BigLizzey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by BigLizzey on May 24, 12 10:32 AM
After reading through most of the issues with this game I've got another one. On chapter 5 - Diffuse the Bomb, it tells me to go back into the asylum and just before you go upstairs there's a HOS to the left where I'm suppose to get a hammer to nail the boards down. Unfortunately all I'm getting is this "Excellent you've found a new item: %s" So where's me hammer? Will this new version stop this?

Magda640
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Magda640 on Jun 12, 12 8:02 PM
I have installed, deleted, and reinstalled the game. I haven't had problems with anything except the fact that I cannot use the "level" (car jack?) on the elevator doors, and I have no idea where the badge number comes from. Finally, I just used the number I found in the strategy guide. This game isn't that much fun, with all the back and forth nonsense. (I also agree that it would be better to try to "defuse" the bomb instead of "diffusing" the bomb!)

[Post New]by connielw on Jun 13, 12 6:17 PM
Hi! I just bought this a couple days ago and I supposedly have the new version but still am having problems with the "yellow duck" and "nail puller in the HOS. I did it and the duck turned yellow and pulled the nail and it didn't cross them off. I tried redoing them and now it won't let me do them at all. This is like the 6th game I've had problems with. GRRRR. I do not want to start all over again. I do not like to replay games! I do this for relaxation on enjoyment but so far am not feeling it. So much for my free game credit!

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on May 24, 13 3:03 PM
Just tried the same thing and will not let me pull the nail or spray paint the duck. Have read all the tech issues and nothing regarding this has been addressed or resolved.I did uninstall just now but after reading more on this seems as if the issue has not been resolved. Think I'll ask for my money back..

Go to: