bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 1, 12 3:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by kathycot on May 1, 12 8:44 AM
I tried playing the game but it will not allow the game to be played in wide screen. Every time I try it freezes up and then, if I'm lucky goes back to the same screen.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 1, 12 10:30 AM
My game manager didn't show any updates. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It started where I left off and the fountain still had no HOS to get the magnet. Really ticked off and asking for a refund.

[Post New]by operations on May 1, 12 10:36 AM
Same here. Got stuck with the nails and board issue. Saw no update, uninstalled, then redownloaded the program. Game opened in with old data, stuck in exact same position. Very annoying. I'd like a refund as well. In addition, I may wait a month of so after a game comes out to avoid this problem in the future. Or simply forget about Big Fish, if they can't insure sound game software.

[Post New]by MaggieRose11 on May 1, 12 11:12 AM
cant get hammer , hos kept sparkling found everything hammer still not in inventory

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 1, 12 11:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you who have installed the latest update for the game but are still running in to the same problems, I recommend starting over with a brand new player profile. Sometimes saved data from the previous version can block the fixes from applying, so starting over should clear that up and allow you to progress in the game. If you're still seeing the same errors after that, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 1, 12 5:35 PM
I got the lever that I was supposed to use to pry open the elevator doors, but it would not work on the elevator--or anywhere else. Mercifully, I managed to finish the game without any trouble, but the fact that I couldn't do what I was supposed to do was a bit of a worry.

This happened after I had reinstalled a new copy of the game AND had deleted the original profile and had started over. Really, nothing should have gone wrong...but something did.

[Post New]by mav12_1 on May 1, 12 6:59 PM
Cannot spray paint duck or pick up nail with pilers.

[Post New]by donwass on May 1, 12 10:08 PM
Cant Find the Cobweb for the door

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on May 2, 12 2:01 AM
mav12_1 wrote:Cannot spray paint duck or pick up nail with pilers.

having the same problem and have deleted and reinstalled....will try starting over

[Post New]by dmk1019 on May 2, 12 2:30 AM
I went to the second patients room, needed balloon for butterfly that was inflated and found that it was no longer in my inventory.

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on May 2, 12 3:54 AM
I did get to spray the duck and it did turn yellow, but when I clicked on the duck to collect it, the paint and duck went back to original places and duck is green again.
Also can't pull the nail out of board. Trying a new profile, but I bet I will need to re-install game. Frustrated!!

mysharona1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mysharona1 on May 2, 12 7:13 AM
I noticed on the link for the update on the fix that it does not mention a fix for how so slow and lagging the game is running for some of us. Why hasnt that been fixed???

[Post New]by themouse020 on May 2, 12 3:55 PM
The issue of the mismatch between the included strategy guide and the game has not been resolved - am still left with the "lift" in inventory and nowhere to use it. Is Game Manager aware yet that an "update" exists? It sure wasn't after the update was announced. Not that I recommend the update anyway - it doesn't seem to have resolved problems reported in the original thread. Am disgusted.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on May 3, 12 12:59 AM
I downloaded this after May 1 (I think), but I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if it helps. As I only have 3 minutes left, I may not be able to get to the part that gives me a problem. Every time I click on the garage door, even by accident, the entire game freezes. I have to use Task Manager to get out of it. Sure hope the update fixes that. That and the garbled sound and the long wait for scenes to load. My computer has successfully played every other game up to now, so I'm pretty sure that it's up to running this one.

[Post New]by AnneBerry1 on May 3, 12 10:25 AM
If the solution is uninstall and reinstall, my problem hasn't been solved. I am also stuck with a pacifier/bottle, nail/pincer and spray/green duck in the cupboard when I play the game again all over.

[Post New]by luvmy3girls on May 4, 12 6:44 AM
My daughter and I are both playing this game and are stuck due to glitches. For her, she shut off the gas coming into the kitchen, used the gas mask and the stove fan and removed the items from the refrigerator. Now, she is trying to go back to get into the washer and it says that there's too much gas in the room. I am in one of the rooms, trying to do the hidden object game. It will not let me paint the duck or remove the nail. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I have also tried to check for updates but my game manager isn't listed any. I would consider restarting the game but given the fact that we have both had issues at seperate points in the game, I can't help but wonder what future glitches will stop me from moving forward. This is the glitchiest game that I have seen before and I would really like my money back. I am going to see what I need to do to ask for a refund.

[Post New]by carroll1310 on May 4, 12 7:45 AM
I cannot get the gas to turn off. I have pushed that darn button a million times. I am on my third different profile...help please

[Post New]by svienna1 on May 4, 12 1:11 PM
I am pretty far in the game I believe. I am at the HOS where I have to find the "yellow duck" and find a "nail". I made the duck yellow and clicked on it, then I guess there was a hiccup of some kind because it shows it as needing to be found still. However, now I cannot use the paint to make it yellow or pull the nail. Suggestion?

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on May 5, 12 9:43 PM
Yep I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot turn the gas off in the kitchen - no buy for me until fixed - shame looks like a good game

Go to: