bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 2, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on May 2, 12 3:46 AM
hello fishies, i am not getting widescreen, only fills the "middle" of my monitor, makes its hard sometimes to see some objects...in options, it says it IS on widescreen, is this how it is meant to be?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 2, 12 4:27 AM
88blyth, it looks like this is intended. The screen looks to be sandwiched by 2 brown bars by default even if you have a widescreen. It doesn't seem to have a widescreen option, just a full screen option.

bfgRhone

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on May 2, 12 5:06 AM
thankyou

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 2, 12 6:43 AM
I like the game, but I ran into a problem with screen width. The full screen option drives the bottom of the picture below the edge of my monitor. The only way that I can see the whole image as intended is for me to keep the game in window format. Of course, that vastly reduces the size of the hidden objects that i'm searching for.

I like the game, but I find this particular aspect of it very frustrating.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 2, 12 10:02 AM
Hi Rhysdux,

That does sound bothersome. There are a couple of things that you can try that can help if you'd like. One thing I've found can help is readjusting your monitor while the game is playing - on most monitors there will be a button on the front labeled "Auto" or in some cases a button labeled "Menu" that will have "Auto-Adjust" as an option. This may be different on every monitor so I'd take a look and see if you've got anything like that.

Once you've found the option that matches that I'd start your game one more time and then press that option while the game is running and see if it corrects it.

If that doesn't work I've found that temporarily adjusting your screen resolution can help as well. This help article goes over how to do this:

Why does my game look skewed or not work in full screen mode?

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

mamajambo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mamajambo on May 2, 12 11:10 AM
I downloaded this game to try it and when it finished I got an error code #803400
detecting a Trojan virus. I deleted it and also uninstalled and reinstalled my game manager and tried to download again with the same results. I installed another game from my purchases and had no problem, it seems only to be affecting this game, please help!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 2, 12 11:54 AM
Hi mamajambo,

When this error comes up I've found that it can sometimes be cleared up by following the steps in this help article here:

Errors 703, 802, 803, 810

However if you try those, and the game is still giving you an error, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team,m and one of our reps would be happy to help you out.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

mamajambo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mamajambo on May 3, 12 10:43 AM
Thanks, I tried everything that was recommended, however, in the end BFG had nothing to do with the problem it was my anti-virus program that prevented the activation of my game....ugh! I have never, ever had a problem with any of BF games loading, activating or playing . This one stumped me, I never thought to check the anti virus program as it has never interferred before and I buy exclusively from BFG....

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on May 3, 12 1:48 PM
It did the same here, I went in and change my screen resolution and that made it widescreen and it fit my whole screen.

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on May 4, 12 3:39 PM
( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS. )

I HAVE WINDOWS XP AND THE BUTLER JERKS AND JUMPS ALL OVER THE SCREEN EVERY TIME HE MOVES. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 6, 12 1:28 PM
I have the same problem - also XP - also it separates him into lines. The rest of the game is fine, though. I'm debating ignoring and buying.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 6, 12 3:58 PM
Hi Fishies:

mamajambo - I'm sorry to hear that your anti-virus program was giving you trouble, but I'm glad to hear you were able to find the source. If you haven't yet, you could always try adding some of the Game Manager's files to your anti-virus safe list to prevent it from interfering in the future. If you'd like to give this a try, this help article here will walk you through how to do that:

Adjust your firewall settings

lynn009 - I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the game to fit your screen

MILLIE31651 and stanliness - when a game isn't performing properly, I've found a few updates can sometimes help. This help article walks you through how to do those:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try these steps and the game is still giving you trouble though, don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team, and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look for you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by lizbeaty on May 7, 12 6:43 PM
Probably can't get help for my problem here just want to know it anyboyd else is having the same. The game loaded fine but with visual glitches on the beginning story. The story words were blurred together and the first screen of Austin sitting in a chair had areas missing and just blank. I can't play the game after the intro it won't go any farther. Have installed/ uninstalled several times. Even updated my DirectX like the trouble shooting suggested. Bought it before trying it..big mistake... now I guess I am stuck with it. Have another game that won't play also.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 9, 12 3:15 AM
lizbeaty, if you are experiencing several problems for several games, I'd recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support team to see if they can figure out what's going on and how to fix it.

I can also recommend following the steps outlined in the help article (Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen) posted by bfgCimarron above if you hadn't already. It sounds like this could definitely be a display glitch.

bfgRhone

Edited on 05/09/2012 at 3:15:39 AM PST

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on May 9, 12 1:50 PM
the game won't dn load have unistalled & reinstalled, no effect.

[Post New]by gman3360 on May 14, 12 12:14 PM
I bought this game on 5/05/12 and the down load seemed to go well. but when i started playing it, some screens were messed up and i was unable to see the pictures to find items listed. Therefore, i tried the other day i tried to download it again,and now it's saying I have another game playing. I "DO Not"!! I have tried to clean up my computer, turned my computer off, ihave done everything suggested, to know avail. code 809 keeps coming up also , but i have been unable to located that. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW????

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 14, 12 12:33 PM
Hi gman3360 and iamshiva,

Since you've already tried the first troubleshooting steps we suggest to help fix your issue, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team directly now.

If you check out the post we've made here, you'll see how to contact them and send them information about how the game is running on your computer and the specific problem you're having. This will help them pinpoint where the issue is coming from and how to get it resolved for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 12:34:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Puddinluvrtoo on May 22, 12 1:18 PM
I can play the game ... however, I can only play in the Office. After I play that room the game quits. I hit play again and it takes me back in long enough to find the items in the office again and again. My money adds up and I can upgrade the furniture, carpeting, clock, and etc., but I can't play anyother room other than the Office.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I'm still stuck in the office. I thought that maybe the problem had fixed itself when I fixed the satilite dish, but nope ... back to the office. Then it stops and I hit play again. I'm not happy about this.

[Post New]by Puddinluvrtoo on May 23, 12 6:16 PM
I just changed my player name hoping that this would solve my problem, but it didn't. I can't believe that I have to keep playing the same room over and over in order to finish this game.

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 6:17:34 PM PST

Go to: