shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 2, 12 1:25 AM
Hello fellow gamers! Can somebody please tell me what genre of game this is? I didn't play the first one and I don't know if I want to download this demo or not. Thank you to whoever responds and happy gaming everyone!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Comments for Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover

[Post New]by Valdy on May 2, 12 1:37 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello fellow gamers! Can somebody please tell me what genre of game this is? I didn't play the first one and I don't know if I want to download this demo or not. Thank you to whoever responds and happy gaming everyone!

Morning, Shadowfax...

It's a HOG. But there is much more to it than having to just look for objects. You have to try the first one. The butler alone is worth it. But I found that the second one - this one - is even better when it comes to the HOS. (I played the demo at the dev site, but will buy it from here).

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 2, 12 1:43 AM
Hi there,
I'm not sure about the sequel to Gardenscapes. I enjoyed the first when it came out, disliked the second (Farmscapes) because of the chageover to the M3 format even though it had more adventure-style tasks to solve, but thought this version of Gardenscapes was repetitive and boring when I trialled it from the dev's site (I had a feeling it was released there as a CE or Premium version, but I stand to be corrected on this as I haven't checked my notes). It seemed to me that they just did the "when you're on a good thing, stick to it" idea but made it longer. No real change of idea or added interest with gameplay etc.
Of course the earlier charms of the butler, dog etc were still there, but .............. hm ............I just had the sense of "been there, done that", so now we fix the inside instead of the outside of the house.
I will give it another go of course, and I am sure it will be popular for a lot of people.
Cheers

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 2, 12 1:50 AM
Shadowfax44: Most definitely download and try this game. You'll like it. It's alot of fun and charming and most entertaining. Be sure to download the first one"Gardenscape". You can do that from the same page as this one.

This is a must have. IMO Look at all the options for games for everyone. I can see a change already since "Picman" took over. Yea! But I can't understand why this great game would be offered as a soft release. It's a winner!

Enjoy,
MissLisa

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 2, 12 4:00 AM

I couldn't wait for BFG to get this game so I bought it from the dev as soon as it was available. I love it!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 2, 12 5:16 AM
Hello and Thank you Valdy!

Hello Lisa There are a lot of games getting released right now (puzzle, TMs and M3s in recent days) and I think that BF is offering more than the one game a day because of the onslaught of game releases. I don't think that releasing this game as a soft release intends to make a statement about the game quality. I could be wrong but there have been other very good games soft released during other game release gluts. JMO. (Happy Birthday to you Lisa!)

Hello Ozzie and Jkuci!

Looks like I might have something to play after all... I will check out the demo. Thx for the info everyone! (Ozzie, I didn't play the first one so this will seem new to me. )

eta: Hm. I meant to say, I wonder why the CE isn't being offered here at BF?

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 5:22:40 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 2, 12 6:39 AM
The only complaint I had about the first game was that you couldn't decorate inside, so I'm a happy fish today! Will be buying this one at once.

Happy Birthday LoveToMissLisa!

(I'm not sure, but it may be that the CE version of this didn't quite make the cut; elsewhere someone says that the extra play was just one more room, not really worth the extra money. In any case, I checked the devs website and the number of available items to decorate is the same, so I will happily use a PCC on this!)

YAAAY!!!

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 2, 12 6:55 AM
Loved the first one and this is even better. Have been playing all day and still haven't finished. Have to stop now to feed the family (b****y nuisances, they were fed yesterday!)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 2, 12 7:04 AM
I have to say that I prefer redoing the garden. There is so much more space out therre than there is in the hall. And so many things you can do.

However, I do prefer the HOS in this game. The graphics appear to be better, and the rooms look nicer.

So... if I can redo the garden with the HOS of this game, now that would be fun.

I bought this game, of course. The butler is the main reason that I own both games.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on May 2, 12 7:29 AM
I love the game. I checked out the game at the dev and bought it from them in almost a shorter time that the download took - I have a fast internet. I just couldn't wait until BFG got it. Austin is as funny as before and the dog (Shades after my pet) really is almost better that before. I loved him in the first, but he is more active in this one.

I enjoy seeing all the next touches from the dev mascot and bits of their other games in all sorts of places. I have seen Royal Envoy, 4 Elements, and Fishdom. I have gotten in the habit of looking for them.

The HOs are a very minor junk piles, you can find everything easily. The customers are neat looking and when you have to find a collection of items for someone, they give you something in return.

There are still the letters, phone calls, and the newspaper. You have to do some other things - putting pots together to catch drips - fixing a broken pipe.

I am trying not to hurry and enjoy the game, but it is calling to me. If you loved Gardenscapes you will love this one - if not then you will not. It is that simple.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on May 2, 12 9:20 AM
Love love love this game.It is so much fun so give it a try...You won't be sorry...I have the gardenscapes and the farmscape .Thanks BF for this !!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 2, 12 4:51 PM
I can't help it...I am in with Austin!

I have Gardenscapes, Farmscapes ... and ... could not wait for the sequel, so I did the demo from the dev's site...and waited for BFG to release!

Finished to where there is the 'congratulation' party...and was going to do a 'front page' review but all 'clogged' up with reviews in place, so another at this time would be 'lost' in space! ... Did not find the camera or the thermometer in each H0 scene as stated during gameplay but got tired at the cost to collect for the plants but treaded on to get to the party! ...but I still luv it as a 'great' game!

I have replayed 'gardenscapes' ...well more than 6 times?... redo the garden was fun and this is a 'redo' also!...THX to dev's and

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 2, 12 7:29 PM
I bought the first game and played it many times. This game however, in my opinion is not as good as the first game. The scenes are not as crisp as they should be. There are little projects to do. I'm disappointed. I'll wait until it becomes a DD.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on May 2, 12 9:36 PM
So addictive! I loved the first one and this one is just as fun. Well worth the money. The first one is one I have played several times and I image this one will be too. It's a nice break from the darker games.

[Post New]by saltygirl72 on May 2, 12 10:23 PM
Tried the demo and I was hooked right away. After a few hours of playing I finally had force myself to quit for the evening.

Lots of fun, I have been suffering from dark game burnout (still love them though) and this was the change of pace I needed. The butler is cracking me up

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 2, 12 11:42 PM
THIS was the soft release?! Who's running this henhouse anyway?? The chickens? Can't be an actual human or this would have been TGT. I kinda thought they'd lost it having so many TM-type games in a row but to hide this as a soft release just beats it all. The only explanation I can come up with is they are putting the BEST games as soft releases now thinking they won't lose sales that way because people will seek them out... hmmmm.

Anyway... glad I noticed it... almost missed it!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 12 12:33 AM
Hi gamergirl,
Whilst I was not enamoured with this version myself, I totally agree with you regarding this game being a Soft Release as opposed to a 2 night stand as TGT and TNT.
It will delight many gamers here.
I wonder how many others will also miss it after the changeover today.
Cheers

Edited on 05/03/2012 at 12:59:02 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on May 3, 12 10:43 AM
Finished the game yesterday and enjoyed it . I think I like the first one better . I do want to give a spider warning though. They don't bother me in games but I know it does some. There are spiders in every HOG scene I think.

Maybe the reason it was a soft release was because they didn't put out the CE here. Just a thought.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 4, 12 11:51 AM
The only way to improve on this game is if you could link it to the original Gardenscapes game and have your own garden from that game imported into this game. I do wonder why the garden in this game isn't complete since that's supposed to be why the house is finally being done inside. But I'm not complaining.

Seeing the PlayRix mascot in some of the hidden object scenes made me think that they probably could sell a plush version of it; it's so adorable!

I'm holding my breath (haven't finished the game yet) that there isn't anything I have to buy that I really don't want (original Gardenscapes: miniature golf; were they out of garden ideas there? [don't get me started on the flamingos!]; the dart board in Farmscapes [if they had to have it, should have been first and least expensive item]. Panicked when I saw the drum set but there are other options there! I think the dog house [GS1] and dog bed [GS2] are overpriced and should have been put at the beginning as well.

Already had to use design mode; too much red, started looking like [Unsinkable] Molly Brown's house!

Had to laugh when Austin looked at my armor and said "Knights used to wear that?" and I told him, "no, Austin, Roman Centurions wore that."

In GS1, when you had a special item to look for (radios, bottles, etc) you made more money than the regular HOS. This game, you get favors that don't advance your pocketbook at all (except one I did but forget what it was). Cushions with my name embroidered on them (and I can't see the name anywhere!), a tiny area rug for a rather large area, fixing a clock, etc, don't fit to me. There should be a different type of task for those types of rewards (similar to things done in Farmscapes). When you're hoofing it trying to get $19,000 for an item, you don't want to have to come to a stop to find 20 of something that won't earn you a penny. If anything, it should be an optional thing.

End of complaining there, devs, now get Playrix to sell that adorable mascot.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 5, 12 12:31 AM
O! am so 'hooked' on this game...I have played it 2 1/2 times since it was offered as a soft release...what was that all about, this should have been on the webpage as the #1? ...
yes! my first play I got all the 'fancy expensive' furnishings b/c when a gal shops, well that a good enough reason to buy the best!...Then on my second play somehow I lost 'signal' and the game just quit?...would not let me replay ...quickly did a drfelix fix and sent to C/S...was the FASTEST reply from a very good instructor...I had already cleaned out all the 'junk' that collects in puter, but missed a couple of 'hang on' items .
ANYWHO!
started the game this morning and decided to do Austin a 'MAN CAVE MANSION'...did it up in every furnishing that was RED! ...looked like a mansion on bourbon street in new orleans ...so am off to

note to self: I know this is addiction?

Go to: