bfgAegean
1,568 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Lost in Reefs

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jan 30, 09 4:27 PM
Use your power-ups often – Your power-ups are biggest source of help in Lost in Reefs. When you fill up your bar at the bottom of the screen, you will be issued a new power-up. Also, keep an eye out for bonus power-ups hidden behind certain tiles during the game.

Choose your style
– When you begin the game, you’ll have 6 different options to pick from to customize your gameplay, which allow for 9 different combinations of gameplay elements you’ll encounter. So, you can pick and choose exactly how you wish to play!

Choose your fish
– When populating your undersea world with fish, note that you can control how many of each fish you want displayed. Show them all, or just your favorites, it’s up to you!

These are just a few hints to help you out. If you have any other suggestions, post them below!

MrPuzzler
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Lost in Reefs

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Jan 30, 09 10:03 PM
If you're near the end of a level and you have time, fill up bonus before completing the last match. Then you can use that bonus on the next level if needed. You can store bonus with a right click on it.

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 10:15:33 PM PST

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jan 31, 09 6:29 AM
Got all buildings and have been told to collect more to open secret door. Do I have to do all 9 combination to open door? enjoyed game; found it relaxing to do.

MrPuzzler
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Jan 31, 09 8:21 AM
CYNTHIA, to open the door, you have to complete all game modes - Swap, Chain and Group. You can see the progress for each game mode in the room on the Dragon Panels (green lights) or in the Cave around Start button.

NanaLoona
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Feb 3, 09 6:38 AM
MrPuzzler wrote:CYNTHIA, to open the door, you have to complete all game modes - Swap, Chain and Group. You can see the progress for each game mode in the room on the Dragon Panels (green lights) or in the Cave around Start button.

MrPuzzler - What am I looking for to see my progress? I'm not noticing anything different in the Cave. And I'm not sure what you mean by the Dragon Panels. Is this the dragon to the right side of the game board? I'm at level 120 something in Swap, about 25 in Chain and level 5 in Group. How much further do I have to go?

Thanks,
Nana Loona

MrPuzzler
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Feb 3, 09 6:50 AM
NanaLoona wrote:MrPuzzler - What am I looking for to see my progress? I'm not noticing anything different in the Cave. And I'm not sure what you mean by the Dragon Panels. Is this the dragon to the right side of the game board? I'm at level 120 something in Swap, about 25 in Chain and level 5 in Group. How much further do I have to go?

In the Cave (where you select your game type) if you change game type you can see white line around Start button (on the edge) - this is a progress for each mode. Also, in the room (where the door located), you can see progress on the Dragon Panels which located on the bottom and every Panel has appropriate symbol of mode, and green lights which fireup one by one.

NanaLoona
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Feb 6, 09 6:00 AM
Thank You! I never paid attention to the Start button but now I know what to look for. I just made it to the Cave last night, so now I can also see my progress there.

Unfortunately, it's not good news though. The game already told me I had completed all the Swap mode boards, and I have a very long way to go in Chain mode. Chain is my least favorite and it frustrates me. If I could do the whole game in Swap I would be a happy camper. I'm almost half finished in Group mode. I'll keep plugging along when I have free time. That pesky Real Life keeps getting in the way of playing!

Thanks again for the information.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Feb 10, 09 6:36 PM
For those of you who have finished all the modes and still cannot enter the secret room but can't figure out why...

You have to be patient (duh) when you visit the dragon room and wait until it tells you why. I was jut sitting looking at my screen stupidly trying to figure out what I was missing when a pop up told me I had to have 300,000 score.

Prior visits to this room I just started clicking everywhere going in circles. ^^

[Post New]by Mouse970 on Mar 13, 09 5:05 AM
If I open the rules book I cannot close it to get back to the game.

MrPuzzler
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 13, 09 12:27 PM
Mouse970 wrote:If I open the rules book I cannot close it to get back to the game.

To close the book: press Esc, or click close button (bookmark in the center)

:Need help with Lost in Reefs

[Post New]by Irishmyke on Sep 21, 12 1:13 PM
I completed all nine sets and nothing happened, what am I missing?

[Post New]by camende on Sep 25, 12 5:56 AM
So I finished all modes and opened the secret door...and got credits and The End. Seriously? Is that all there is?

[Post New]by lead_f00t on Oct 27, 13 4:38 AM
I'm on level 172 in Group and cannot, under any circumstances, complete it. I've finished Chain, and am partway through Swap, but this one level in Group has me stymied. Is there any way around this?

pua2u
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by pua2u on Mar 2, 14 12:17 AM
Please help! I'm stuck in Level 28 Limbo in the Group Mode. "Invisible walls" near the top of the screen prevent me from clearing tiles inside the "walled" areas. I've tried every tool to break these "walls" -- the row-/column-busters, the hammer, and the bomb. Nothing works. I can rack up points for hours, and the tiles just flow around these invisible walls. If I switch out of Group mode then return, the same screen appears, exactly where I left off. Has anyone else run into this?

Go to: