[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 3, 12 12:14 AM
Any comments fishes?

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Todays DD May 3 2012

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 3, 12 2:47 AM
No buy for me on this one even as a DD . Played the trial ( almost sent me to sleep) at least you could skip the mini games until I got to the dreaded spot the difference then every time I skipped it brought the blessed game up again .Will find another game on my to play list for today .

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on May 3, 12 8:12 AM
This is not a game for the faint of heart. If you haven't been playing these kinds of games for awhile, you may get lost. My contention is the fact there is no help to eliminate an area of frustration such as a walkthrough. My experience gives me the benefit of knowing how to play most of the games but there are still games that frustrate me or I just don't enjoy playing. I don't want to skip, just a nudge in the right direction to get through. Not a buy for me but some may thoroughly enjoy the extra challenge.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 3, 12 8:54 AM
I am moving under the assumption that this is an older game.
No bells or whistles here.
Graphics are clean, music light and unobtrusive.
H0's are old style but fairly well done. Only encountered one spelling error in the trial.
Play in mind of elimination of possibilities for some items on your list..i.e.
... if your list says watch and there is only a clock in the scene obviously the clock.
....there is a difference between a parasol and an umbrella
..."curling" due to elimination = curling iron.
Play goes as follows:
H0 scene/puzzle...
H0 scene/puzzle...
Just a straight ahead Hidden Object followed each time by a standard puzzle with a light story thread. None are difficult though you can skip the puzzles.
If you are looking for a relaxing game this would qualify.

Happy gaming

Edited to buy a vowel

Edited on 05/03/2012 at 9:07:27 AM PST

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on May 3, 12 11:56 AM
Objects, such as secateurs, unknown to Americans didn't botther me -- just looked them up. But everything at the top was so black I couldn't even see something when pointed out in a hint (fortunately, clicking in the right spot was enough -- I didn't have to actually SEE it). Then I had to get up for a minute. When I came back, I realized the top of the screen was quite easy to see while standing! A laptop or monitor that can be easily moved back and forth would work fine. But I have a fixed monitor and do not consider standing for half the game as "playing."

Since it is set in the British Isles, I see nothing wrong with Americans having to learn another vocabulary. If you can tilt your monitor to see the whole screen, it looks as if it is a fun game. I caan't, so it's a no buy, even at a DD.

[Post New]by Tennie_Frog on May 3, 12 12:35 PM
Not a keeper for sure. This is strictly HOG and then a puzzle, with no interaction of elements at all. The HOGs are poor - "find 5 bottles - oh no, not THAT bottle" - ugh. Games like this should just be retired, IMHO, not recycled as daily specials of any kind.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on May 3, 12 1:49 PM
not a buy for me either. The word clues are not american-friendly, not even sure they are english in some cases. Basically i was just clicking around trying to figure out what they wanted. AND there are no instructions for the mini-games.

Because of all the problems it's a challenge to play. Maybe some will like that.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 3, 12 3:11 PM
The review by sartasia says it all but I would just like to add -

I've just had hours of fun playing this game which I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked the extra challenge of trying to figure out what I was supposed to be looking for. You definitely had to think outside the box. A lamp? No lamp. What else would light up? Oh, a light bulb! Bingo.

You definitely have to have patience and not expect anything brilliant. Just a plain and simple ho puzzle game.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 3, 12 3:16 PM
Glad it isn't just me unable to find a story. The other problem, for me, is that although the game says you can turn the music off, in fact you can't. Even turning off the "sound" doesn't mute the music. Since I play with classical music on the radio, I had to turn sound off for the whole computer to even play (45 minutes of) the demo. Not a buy for me. Sorry.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 3, 12 3:48 PM
JulieJay wrote:

I've just had hours of fun playing this game which I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked the extra challenge of trying to figure out what I was supposed to be looking for. You definitely had to think outside the box. A lamp? No lamp. What else would light up? Oh, a light bulb! Bingo.

You definitely have to have patience and not expect anything brilliant. Just a plain and simple ho puzzle game.

We think alike JulieJay
I really thought I would be bored but found the lack of specifics entertaining. As you described..an extra challenge. I too bought the game.

secondroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by secondroe on May 3, 12 4:18 PM
I was a little unsure about buying this even at DD prices after reading some of the reviews, but it was rather fun. Short but because of the lack of instructions for some of the puzzels it took a little longer than probably would have. I was able to figure out what was suppose be done, just by trial and error and some I had seen in other games. I got use to the 'odd' names for items and was able to find them even when they were very tiny. I find most games are suppose to be a challenge, it helps keep our brain thinking. And being a senior citizen, this is important. If I always had a walkthrough or instructions I would not have to reason as much.

Go to: