bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 12 12:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

grani4xs
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here

[Post New]by grani4xs on May 3, 12 6:57 AM
Well..........
Guess I'm the only one so far who has a problem. I downloaded, went to play and got rebooted. Tried again, this time it said that it was corrupted and to enter a new player name. Tried to do that and it rebooted AGAIN. So after my computer came back up, I uninstalled game, reinstalled game, tried again, and it did the same thing as on the second try. REBOOTED !!! Guess it's not meant for me to try this game LOL

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 3, 12 7:10 AM
I downloaded and played the hour demo with no problems at all. Bought the full version and now it will not open at all. I get the message: Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required.
I uninstalled and reinstalled from my purchase history but no difference.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 3, 12 7:14 AM
Hi grani...

When you uninstalled the game, did you also delete the "save" file for this game? There is a folder that might still contain stuff that will repeat the problems you were having.

In your Windows Explorer, click on your username (the name you gave your computer), and then click on "AppData", and then on "Roaming".

In the "Roaming" folder you will find many other folders of games you have installed. They contain, among other things, the "save" files.

Look for the folder called "Orneon" - which is the developer's name - and delete that folder. After that, you shouldn't have any more files for this game on your computer.

Try again, and good luck.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: BereniceP... try the same as suggested above.

Edited on 05/03/2012 at 7:15:35 AM PST

grani4xs
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by grani4xs on May 3, 12 7:56 AM
Well, that sucked big time. Did as you suggested, also went into search for any files, deleted them, downloaded again, went into game and voila !!! It froze big time and started humming. Had to manually reboot my computer by shutting down the power. Any other suggestions ? Like I said before, not meant for me to play this game. LOL

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 3, 12 8:01 AM
I'm getting a warning from my anti-virus program for this game. It recommends that I don't download it. I'm getting a "File Reputation" warning. Anyone else get something similar? I have Avast. This is the very first time it reacts this way on BigFish games. I have BigFish as a trusted site so I'm kinda wondering what's going on.

Edited on 05/03/2012 at 8:02:56 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 3, 12 9:25 AM
About the Mac version -- the wide screen option does nothing. This is reported by more than one player. IMHO it really should work, because full screen looks a bit pinched; stretched to fit wide screen would probably look very good.

[Post New]by fellini on May 3, 12 9:37 AM
First I downloaded the demo, after completing download it said my free trial ran out. I had not opened the game yet. I love CEs and I buy all of them so I just purchased the game. The download went fine, then the game manager got an error when registering the game: Error Code 803400 and my AVG pops up saying there is a Trojan virus in the game folder. I read the Tech Q&As, followed all the steps, and got nowhere. I run windows XP Pro.
It seems some people are playing so I guess it is not compatible with something on my computer. I have never had any issues with games from this site in the past. I gave up and asked for me money back

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 3, 12 10:06 AM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a couple of you are running into some antivirus messages when trying to play the game. We definitely take those types of errors seriously, so I recommend contacting our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to pinpoint the cause of that.

For any freezing issues with the game, please see our help article with some basic troubleshooting steps you can take here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, please contact our Tech Support team.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on May 3, 12 3:13 PM
I bought the game also and after download was complete all I received was the message, "You own this game. Play again". Hadn't played it at all. I requested and did receive a refund very promptly. Pity as the game looked interesting.

[Post New]by kiwicaveman on May 3, 12 5:31 PM
I have just bought & installed the game, I'm getting 'ERROR; Access Violation' whenever I try to play it .
Never had this problem with Big Fish games before.

O/S is Win 7 Pro with latest drivers etc. installed - can anyone help please.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on May 4, 12 4:04 AM
Bought the game cause I loved it so much but.......I keep getting kicked out of the game and sent back to the main menu and have to keep hitting resume...maybe not a major problem but very annoying! It didn't do that when I tried the demo ...anything I can do to stop this from happening? I really want to play this game...anyone?

JJinJKT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JJinJKT on May 4, 12 4:26 AM
I also had no problem with the demo and then after purchasing the game and even after 5 re-installations (yes, I deleted the saved files) still cannot get into the game. So frustrating. My 2nd CE game that is not working for me.

Post any Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition Forum technical issues here onl

[Post New]by die_nike on May 5, 12 2:24 AM
I also cannot open the game. I donwloaded it three times and the game icon starts popping up and then it freezes. I deleted all kind of library references from all sorts of developpers to ensure that there are no saved games installed. I updated Apple Software, Shockwave and Flash Player, rebooted. It simply doesn't work. I encountered a very similar problem with Brink of Consciousness (worked fine at the beginning, and then same problem as with this game). Contacted tech support, but that didn't help either.

So I guess I just won't buy the game.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 5, 12 8:57 AM
Yes, something is definitely wrong with this game. I also keep getting an error message about "unable to initialize". I'm not about to start getting technical on my computer to try and fix this problem as you suggested because I think this is definitely something the developers have to fix! Judging by all the comments in this forum, it seems as though quite a few other people are still experiencing the same problem even after they tried to fix it. I contacted tech support and hope to get a refund.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Demo worked fine...full version will not play

[Post New]by bluesinew on May 6, 12 5:31 AM
I had no problems with the demo ...played without a glitch. However, when I purchase and downloaded the full version the game would not start. Message: "reinstall the game" Try that without success. I always try the demo to make sure my computer will play the game before wasting time and money. I guess this is bad logic at BFG. Will be asking for a refund. This is the 3rd CE game that the demo worked and the full version didn't. I am losing my confidence in the this site.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 6, 12 9:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are running into trouble after purchasing the full version of Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain CE!

Often, the trial version of a game will be a smaller file than the full version. In this case, the trial version is 340.34 MB, while the full version is almost twice that at 654.94 MB. That means the CE is taking up a lot more space on your computer and this could be why those errors are popping up now when they didn't before.

If you contact Tech Support and send them information about how the CE is working on your computer (by following the steps here ) they'll be able to see how best to get the game working on your particular system. And, if this is a bigger issue with the game itself, having that information will also help us pinpoint where the trouble is coming from so we can get it fixed as soon as possible.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Demo worked fine...full version will not play

[Post New]by bluesinew on May 6, 12 1:35 PM
Sorry, I'm not buying the "file is twice as big as the demo reason", for this game not working. My computer has massive RAM and hard drive space with up to date drivers and a robust processor. There is a bug in the game... I will wait a reasonable time before asking for a refund and see if there is a fix to this problem, however this is really disappointing.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on May 6, 12 4:37 PM
I have started from the beginning three times now. When I leave the came and come back later, my profile is gone and I have to create a new player, choose the mode I want to play in and start over. Very frustrating, I'm going to ask for a credit for another CE.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on May 8, 12 12:44 AM
BereniceP wrote:I downloaded and played the hour demo with no problems at all. Bought the full version and now it will not open at all. I get the message: Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required.
I uninstalled and reinstalled from my purchase history but no difference.

Same problem. I didn't trial it first as I have found it to be a problem with many games not deleting hidden files. I downloaded in Safe Mode, so there was no outside interference, but I too get the message " Unable to initialize. Game reinstallation may be required." Seeing the problems other people are having after numerous re-installations, I won't bother. I'm off to the techies for a refund hopefully, too many good games to play without bothering with ironing out bugs that developers need to fix.

Go to: