Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster

[Post New]by Valdy on May 4, 12 1:08 AM
Seeing that it's 1am PST, and no "Reviews" thread has yet been made, I thought I'd start one.

This review is based on the CE version, which I played in Easy mode.

There are 8 chapters.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is widescreen (which, when clicked, shrank my screen).

There are 46 Beyond (morphing) items to be found.

The iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) are a little cluttered.

The HINT button refills within 30 seconds in Easy mode, and within 1 minute in Advance mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. SKIP button fills reasonably fast.

There is a Journal.

There is a MAP in the shape of a COMPASS.
The map shows you where you are, and where you need to do something.
The map can also be used to jump.

The graphics very well done, there are lots of places to visit, the scenery is beautiful, and gameplay is fun. What more can I say?

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 5:24:52 PM PST

Re:Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 4, 12 7:13 AM
No review...just where did everybody go. Is it my connection or is there really no one on here commenting? So far all I see is Valdy.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on May 4, 12 7:35 AM
baglady159 wrote:No review...just where did everybody go. Is it my connection or is there really no one on here commenting? So far all I see is Valdy.

Good morning Valdy & baglady159. I agree w/you both.
It's now 10:33 AM EDT & there isn't even a review on the "Try this game" screen. Maybe it's such a beautiful day that everyone's outside & taking a break from their computer.
Valdy, thank you for the review. Since I'm signed in now I'll give the game a try.

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on May 4, 12 7:37 AM
just finished the demo and will purchase. A nice change from dark and gloomy. Valdy's review is very good and complete. Thanks for the review and thanks BF for the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster

[Post New]by Valdy on May 4, 12 8:13 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Valdy wrote:

This review is based on the CE version, which I played in Easy mode.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

What are the modes? In Advanced are there sparkles? For any active areas, not just HOGs?

Hi everyone...

Twinsoniclab... I didn't play in "Advanced" mode, so I can't say for sure, but another reviewer in the CE forum for this game mentioned that there were no sparklies anywhere in "Advenced" mode.

Hope this helps.

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on May 4, 12 11:57 AM
Another concise review Valdy, thank you. I am off to purchase this game.
I'm glad to hear there is SUNSHINE somewhere in the world. Here in England it is
cold , windy and has been raining for days and days thank goodness for BF. It is a bank holiday weekend too. ......Ah well afterall I am a little squid so I should enjoy the rain I suppose. Regards fishes , Heather.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 4, 12 1:14 PM
will someone please help me make a decision I like this game quite a bit and will purchase but don't know if I want the CE or SE I've heard some good reviews about the bonus in the CE edition and was wondering if it was worth the extra they said good length and diff game play in the bonus section so HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP pleaseI will listen to u fishies that have no bubbles lol ty confused

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on May 4, 12 3:29 PM
saphhire wrote:will someone please help me make a decision I like this game quite a bit and will purchase but don't know if I want the CE or SE I've heard some good reviews about the bonus in the CE edition and was wondering if it was worth the extra they said good length and diff game play in the bonus section so HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP pleaseI will listen to u fishies that have no bubbles lol ty confused

I was just coming to the forums to ask the very same question!!!! I read the same post and am wondering which one to purchase. HELP PLEASE!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 4, 12 5:29 PM
Thanks for getting this reviews thread going Valdy! I've gone ahead and stickied it.

What do you think of House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other Fishies in our Pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on May 4, 12 10:50 PM
This game is absolutely flawless. Beautiful in every way with good puzzles. It has been added to my Top Ten List!

Aeryis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Aeryis on May 4, 12 11:40 PM
I just finished the collectors edition- WELL worth the extra $$ the bonus chapter is long and well thought out. I usually don't like spending the extra money just for a little extra content, but in this case I am very glad I did. Was extremely happy with the game over all...i saw a couple of the comments in the forums and no, HOG's and areas of interest don't "sparkle" but your cursor will let you know if there is anything you need to look at (magnifying glass for HOG's and the cursor has a part that spins if it wants you to look closer, a hand if its a "beyond" object). Absolutely AWESOME game, would recommend to anyone that will listen

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 5, 12 12:31 AM
To Saphhire and Phe4psu:

I bought the CE and never regretted it once. The main game is wonderfully done, and the bonus game itself was worth playing. At least, that's what I thought, and I don't often care for the bonus games.

Hope this helps.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 5, 12 6:17 AM
Aeryis wrote:I just finished the collectors edition- WELL worth the extra $$ the bonus chapter is long and well thought out. I usually don't like spending the extra money just for a little extra content, but in this case I am very glad I did. Was extremely happy with the game over all...i saw a couple of the comments in the forums and no, HOG's and areas of interest don't "sparkle" but your cursor will let you know if there is anything you need to look at (magnifying glass for HOG's and the cursor has a part that spins if it wants you to look closer, a hand if its a "beyond" object). Absolutely AWESOME game, would recommend to anyone that will listen
Thank you very very much took your advice bought the CE so far excel choice......................Thank you again

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on May 5, 12 8:47 AM
This one is a definite buy. I don't know how I missed it as a CE. The graphics are beautiful. This is one to play with the sound. Music is nice and the background sounds very appropriate. Definitely "headphone worthy." I really loved the pipe organ in the beginning. Now I just have to decide on SE or CE.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on May 5, 12 10:19 AM
angelofmusic62 wrote:This one is a definite buy. I don't know how I missed it as a CE. The graphics are beautiful. This is one to play with the sound. Music is nice and the background sounds very appropriate. Definitely "headphone worthy." I really loved the pipe organ in the beginning. Now I just have to decide on SE or CE.

After a few days of cogitating, I decided to go with the CE based on a lot of comments here. It is a beautiful and so far well worth the extra money.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 5, 12 2:51 PM
Absolutely wonderful hog game with great graphic, gameplay, puzzles etc. I like especially the artwork and the storyline. For me its a definete buy

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on May 6, 12 6:36 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Absolutely wonderful hog game with great graphic, gameplay, puzzles etc. I like especially the artwork and the storyline. For me its a definete buy [

Thanks for the review, I have been looking for a new game, but can you tell me how long is the game?? I hate buying games that dont take long to play
Thanks

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 8, 12 12:00 PM
This game enthralled me. The voiceovers were excellent as were the HOS scenes and the adventure was outstanding!
This game to me is pure genius and it must take the same to make it. Awesome!
I bought the first and loved it but not as much as this one. It's unique, colorful, it comes alive and the visits to other countries are terrific.
Thanks for a GREAT game!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 13, 12 10:05 AM
Another wonderful game from ****! I can't praise it highly enough as it had everything I look for in a game. Great story, graphics, sound and plenty of places to visit. It filled my wide screen and a map which enabled travel.

Many, many thanks!

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by avueik on May 13, 12 8:51 PM
I bought the SE from the Mother's Day sale. I was waiting for a monthly credit, but went ahead and bought it. I loved it!! It's not a overly challenging game, but it was fun. The different countries you go into, I liked. I especially loved the morphing objects, that are in places you don't expect. I only got to 43 of the 46, which means I will have to go back and get them all. Love that challenge. It was a good 3 hour game for me the 1st time. The HOG's were fun too. The puzzles pretty simple, expect for 2 I had to skip, because I couldn't find the code and the other is the measuring with liquid puzzle that drives me nuts!!! A must buy. I think I like the 1st one better though. Have Fun! Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!

Go to: