kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Elevator level

[Post New]by kitaboy on May 4, 12 5:37 AM
I am finally nearing the end of this game and cannot get the level to work on the elevator. HINT button indicates to place it in the center of the elevator; does not work and there is nothing in the forum about this level.
Anyone figure this part?

kitaboy
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:Elevator level

[Post New]by kitaboy on May 4, 12 1:24 PM
I finally restarted this game maybe for the 4th time. I found that if I follow the
Guide up in the right hand corner the game progressed smoother. I was ahead
of the game some but was able to get into the elevator with the level and actually
finished the game. I liked the game but way too many "glitches", like the T.V.; what a headache that was. I play these games for fun and adventure, not frustration.
Hope everyone gets through it with little more trouble.
Kitaboy

[Post New]by Yintski on May 4, 12 2:49 PM
Try this.. go up to the second floor. Enter the middle room at the end of the hall. Look out the window. Remember jumping out the window before? So where's the hole in the bed? Jump again. The hole in the fence has repaired itself, so go back into the asylum, and head for the elevator. I hope you get the cursor and will be able to use the jack on the elevator to access the HO scene.

Good luck!

clermontsmith
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by clermontsmith on May 4, 12 5:45 PM
The reason the level will not work is because the elevator is on the first floor. Going up th elevator jumping out the window then the elevator is stuck up on the 2nd floor. So when you can then use the level to open the door to the shaft . Good advice Yintski

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 4, 12 6:25 PM
I must admit that did work! Crazy game.

[Post New]by Yintski on May 4, 12 8:24 PM
Yes, crazy! I'm glad you were able to finish the game.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Elevator level

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 4, 12 9:59 PM
kitaboy wrote:I am finally nearing the end of this game and cannot get the level to work on the elevator. HINT button indicates to place it in the center of the elevator; does not work and there is nothing in the forum about this level.
Anyone figure this part?

I couldn't get the level to work even with the guide. I finally got the clue from the guide (assuming that I would find a clue in the shaft) and finished the game with the level and the flashlight still in my Inventory. I tried moving the level all over the place. It just didn't work.

Besides, I don't even know what that kind of "level" is. To me, a level is a tool used to determine is something is straight. I had never seen the type of level used in the game.

So I guess I cheated a bit. But even with the guide it didn't work!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 4, 12 10:04 PM
clermontsmith wrote:The reason the level will not work is because the elevator is on the first floor. Going up th elevator jumping out the window then the elevator is stuck up on the 2nd floor. So when you can then use the level to open the door to the shaft . Good advice Yintski

OH! OK, that makes sense. I wasn't doing things the way the guide says. I had to go back to get the second board and the level from the sixth patient room. So I headed back into the elevator and it was on the floor where I got off.

<slapping myself on forehead>

Of course the tool wouldn't work with the elevator cage right there! I actually wondered why I couldn't just pull the floor off; after all, I had put it there! And I didn't understand why I had to jump out that window. Well, it's too late to go back because I finished the game. Or maybe it finished me; I'm not sure.

BTW, that first patient room is creepy as heck. Scared me.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 4, 12 10:07 PM
kitaboy wrote:I finally restarted this game maybe for the 4th time. I found that if I follow the
Guide up in the right hand corner the game progressed smoother. I was ahead
of the game some but was able to get into the elevator with the level and actually
finished the game. I liked the game but way too many "glitches", like the T.V.; what a headache that was. I play these games for fun and adventure, not frustration.
Hope everyone gets through it with little more trouble.
Kitaboy

I didn't notice a glitch with the TV. That was about the easiest clue I got. I guess maybe mine didn't have a glitch? But once I inflated the balloon it just disappeared (I guess it flew away). But then I noticed that in my journal I had evidently seen a note on the balloon and that was that. I thought I was stuck for sure because I thought the balloon was a tool. Weird.

[Post New]by Calmness on May 5, 12 9:22 AM
Where should I use the level? I never had to use it and finally finished the game. The flashlight and level were still in the inventory, The blacklight was used but couldn't find any clue with it and it also disappeared. I used the strategy guide to finish the game.

The storyline itself is confusing. Who was trying ot kill whom? Like many bigfishgames, the ending couldn't have been more abrupt.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on May 21, 12 7:46 AM
I used the excellent hint and got the elevator stuck on the floor, then was able to use the level and access the hidden object scene---but it gave me a police badge instead of a hammer!!! WTH am I supposed to do with that? If I have to start this game over again I won't bother. The HO scene at the stairs took me through 5 or 6 hidden object lists, then gave me a weird message like "You have found object %5 ??? Sparkles show, but no list and no hint--this sucks rocks.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on May 21, 12 1:17 PM
clermontsmith wrote:The reason the level will not work is because the elevator is on the first floor. Going up th elevator jumping out the window then the elevator is stuck up on the 2nd floor. So when you can then use the level to open the door to the shaft . Good advice Yintski

This does work! I was able to finish the game the way it should be able to be finished after taking this advice. Thanks Yintski.

[Post New]by beryll70 on May 26, 12 1:16 PM
Ihave reached the elevator, got the outside button working put in the floor.

Ihave pressed the internal buttons in this order triangle, circle,circle and square but nothing happens. I don't feel like starting the game over again after getting this far.

Anyone any ideas to help me please.

[Post New]by kerryleelee on Jun 18, 12 4:54 PM
I finished the game...awesome...but I was left with a " elevator level' which I had no need for...elevator always opened for me?? strange...

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 4, 12 2:46 AM
My sincere appreciation to clermontsmith and others for pointing out the obvious - I was not leaving the elevator cab on the second floor when trying to use the "level" (I would have called it a jack). I simply could not figure out what I was missing. I thought it would be used with the cab on the first floor to remove the metal plate that had served as a floor. I had finally resorted to the SG, but still was not quite "getting it". (No one ever said I was the brightest bulb in the chandelier!)

Go to: