Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Balloon Disappears!

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 4, 12 10:58 AM
I have used the pump to blow up the balloon. And then the balloon promptly disappeared.I was not told that I had received the balloon. It's not in my Inventory. It's not next to the pump. It is G.O.N.E. I checked the guide - I need the balloon.

And so I am stuck. I think I know why I need it and without it I cannot continue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have to start completely over?

Why oh why does this sort of thing happen?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 11:01:50 AM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Balloon Disappears!

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 4, 12 1:07 PM
Jurinne, You are not alone. Just happened to me.

Came here to the forum to see if anyone had a solution and came across your posting.

I just saw that there was a game update. (Wish I'd checked before starting to play today.) I hope the update resolves this issue!

Bummer is that with the update, I have to start over with a new profile...

ETA:
Just read farther along in the forum that the balloon is not needed. Just need to read what is on it. Whew.

Back to the game....

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 1:42:42 PM PST

[Post New]by pheart56 on May 4, 12 2:45 PM
my balloon is gone too

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 4, 12 10:13 PM
Jorie, you're right. I looked in my journal and found that there was a note on the balloon. That is the whole reason for the balloon - to read a note. The balloon itself is not needed.

I think our balloons floated away....

BTW, if you run into problems with the level (which isn't the regular type of level used to see if something is straight), there is a thread which explains it. I got stuck completely there and finally gave up and used the guide. So I got a clue I wasn't supposed to have and it was my own fault. I should have checked here first but the guide was there on the screen.

Hope this helps. It's good to know I wasn't the only one with the balloon problem!

There's evidently a glitch with the TV, too, but I had no problem with that at all.

Even with the little problems I have to say I really enjoyed playing this game. I think this is the scariest game I've played so far (I used to be absolutely terrified of elevators and I'm still a little afraid of clowns). And that doll? Creepy...

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 10:16:29 PM PST

[Post New]by mcaninch on May 17, 12 8:43 AM
I have played this game twice--my balloon disappears every time--can't go any farther.

captwesker
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by captwesker on Jul 9, 13 2:05 PM
mcaninch wrote:I have played this game twice--my balloon disappears every time--can't go any farther.

The balloon is supposed to disappear. You only need to inflate it to get the quote from it. The quote automatically appears in your journal. It is one of the five quotes needed to complete the bookcase puzzle later in the game.

Go to: