Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Groupplay for RtMI2: Mina's Fate has started May 5th, all welcome to join

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 1:00 AM
We are a bunch of Adventure game lovers and like to share the game experience and lend each other a helping hand. To do so, we started organizing group plays for LF games and we are starting another one today; this time it will be Return to Mysterious Island2: Mina’s Fate.

We hope we all enjoy this one as much or more as the prior group plays. Information on the prior group plays can be found here : http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200019.page#4005806 This is in the Adventurous Fish thread, which is our ‘hang out’ thread between group plays where we also plan and organize our coming group plays.

Since Mina’s Fate is a sequel, I think most of you know already how the game operates and how our group plays work . However, if you don’t know, don’t hesitate to ask and we will gladly help you.

Once jboliver checks in, she will do a small write up on how the game works, how to load and save, how to combine inventory items etc. So be sure to check her post out. For those of you sensitive to 360 movement, remember to set the camera speed to slow, this will help a lot. The rest of the game explaining I leave to jboliver

As most of you already know we don’t have any set rules, we just like to enjoy LF games together . The only thing we do ask is that you white out everything that might be considered a spoiler. If you have trouble doing so, we will gladly explain how to. Furthermore, please don’t make this into a race or a contest (especially since this a point driven game) end let each and everyone enjoy it at his/her own speed .
And pay it forward: you will probably need some hints and tips during the game and receive them from other players, be sure to extend that courtesy to others who ask questions to which you know the answers , but also keep in mind that most players only want little hints to start with and they not always want the solution straigt away.

Once you pop into this thread, you are part of the group play and I will list you playing . If there are players who know enough of the game, by having done one or more complete play troughs already, we will gladly have you assisting this group play and I will list you as a helper.

Let the fun and the inevitable frustration of becoming repeatedly stuck begin , RtMI2 has now started!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Groupplay for RtMI2: Mina's Fate has started May 5th, all welcome to jo

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 1:02 AM
Playerslist
..1 cherbtoo playing
..2 Aquatic finished
..3 marie1931 withdrawn
..4 jboliver1999 finished
..5 sunshinej finished
..6 luvtoread playing
..7 Catfish_girl finished
..8 mariannequilts finished
..9 Joyfullady finished
10 March_Hare playing
11 Dialogue withdrawn
12 gingergal finished
13 Tailteann playing
14 Mr_Russ withdrawn
15 alvertis5706 finished
16 rumbitothecore playing
17 Grandmamum finished
18 rexred54 finished
19 shagwendy playing
20Tidewaters finished

Helpers
Mr_Russ assisting

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 1:47:23 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Groupplay for RtMI2: Mina's Fate has started May 5th, all welcome to join

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 1:20 AM
One signing in even though I won't be able to start until this afternoon.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 5, 12 1:22 AM
Aquatic starting!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 5, 12 1:35 AM
I'm in

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 1:57 AM
JB signing in!

About the gameplay: it's about the same as RTMI but there are a few differences. For those have not played RTMI, this is a 360° game. To go in and out of your inventory, right click. When you pick up items, they will be in the transit area on the top right of the inventory screen.You can tranfer these items to the 7 pages of inventory. On the top left of the inventory screen is the main menu, inventory, documents, goals, shortcuts, dialogues and puttering about.There is a bar below the inventory pages that is for assembling and disassembling inventory items. To disassemble an item, pick it up and click on the wrench icon on the right of the assembly bar. When assembling items, you could need 2 or more. If all you need is 2, the finished combination will go up to the transit area. If you need more than two items, they will go down to that bar with one or more question marks to let you know you need more. Some things that you need to make like fire, can be done in a few different ways.
This game is also point driven. Some of the difficult things to accomplish will give you more points than doing it the easy way. When you have to do something difficult, you can choose the easy mode by clicking the red face at the lower right of the screen. It will cost you a few pride points. Also, there are a few spots along the way where you can and will die. All you have to do is click the spacebar and you will be at the point right before you died.
The saving and loading of the game is about the same as before. Click on menu in the inventory screen that will bring up the choices. Make sure you remember the last date and time that you saved because that is how they are "titled".
There will be times when you play only Mina or Jep. You will know that only one of them can go to a certain area because it will give you the choice of playing the one that can go to that area or staying together. One thing about playing Jep, he can use items in your inventory but can't do combinations.
I have been playing on my computer with the Nvidia graphics (updated) so I know what others might experience. It still can get choppy and flashy here and there but it won't last long. It does get bad at the beginning of a new game. There is a "movie" of Mina and Jep getting in the helicopter and what happens. If you can't take it, I think you can press the spacebar to get you to the beginning of the game. I started a new game yesterday and found this out.
Enjoy!!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 5, 12 2:19 AM
Thanks Jboliver

** about the easy mode, I've just discovered it when Jep try to crash a nut .... Not easy to do it . Didn't succeed so far, maybe I've missed something **

Don't want to choose the easy mode for the moment

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 2:19:49 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 5, 12 2:23 AM
Please add me to the players list. Thanks.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 2:31 AM
Marie

I found that to be somewhat easy. *Click on Jep, then click when his arm is about in line with the top of his head, then click again when the circle around the nut is green around the nut (a little space in between the nut and the inside of the circle).* It's all in the timing.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 5, 12 2:48 AM
I am in the process of downloading. A little nervous that I might have
problems, cause when downloading bar popped up, instead of it
slowly filling up, it showed a filled up green bar and shows #of MB
downloading of 1783173028B

This does not bode well-my laptop will implode!!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 5, 12 2:55 AM
luvtoread...When downloading my said the same thing. The download is 2.3 GB.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 5, 12 3:02 AM
sunshinej-thank you for that. I will have to reinstall-it got up to
1.1GB and I panicked and deleted.
Honestly-what would I do without these game forums??

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 5, 12 3:17 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:Marie

I found that to be somewhat easy. *Click on Jep, then click when his arm is about in line with the top of his head, then click again when the circle around the nut is green around the nut (a little space in between the nut and the inside of the circle).* It's all in the timing.

ok I will try thanks

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 5, 12 3:19 AM
luvtoread wrote:I am in the process of downloading. A little nervous that I might have
problems, cause when downloading bar popped up, instead of it
slowly filling up, it showed a filled up green bar and shows #of MB
downloading of 1783173028B

This does not bode well-my laptop will implode!!

Don't worry, if I remember, I think it happened to me as well (not sure whether it's this game or another one ).

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 3:19:35 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 3:23 AM
Be aware that there is an unfixed bug in this game that would mean you have to start again.

There should be 3 lumps of clay. Sometimes the game will 'lose' one of them before you get to use it.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 5, 12 3:55 AM
Bad new Mr_Russ

Is that far in the game ?

** bloody antz ** got them

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 4:24 AM
I'm in and playing.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 5, 12 4:25 AM
What does it take to fill Jep up? I gave him ** pine nuts, 6 seeds 1 raw egg and 1 orange and he still not full. He will not eat any more eggs or seeds and I want to save my 2nd orange. ** Where is there more food?

Second question I played my instrument for the ** girl monkey and she whistled something back and I'm supposed to repeat it, but don't really know how to repeat it exactly. **

luvtoread...I deleted my first download too . The bar was filled up and it said 100% and it had that weird string of numbers like yours. I thought it wasn't downloading properly.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 4:30 AM
@sunshinej I am at the same spot. I guess it is no longer ** food Jep needs. But more of emotional attention, so I am also trying to play the ocarino, but not very successfully I might add **
Any hints on how to play the musical instrument?

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 4:33 AM
Thanks jboliver for the gameplay.

Go to: