gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Don't recommend

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 30, 09 8:52 PM
I thought this game was a real wimp. The puzzles" were extremely easy, the dialogue was juvenile and the whole thing was no challenge at all. I wouldn't buy it ---Waste of money.

tribalprincss
Manatee
Manatee
3,751 Posts

Re:Don't recommend

[Post New]by tribalprincss on Jan 31, 09 7:52 AM
I have to agree with you gameslvr, a real dissapointment. I played the demo for 20 minutes and it looks like I'm halfway thorough the game. Using the picture mode all of the items seem to jump out at you and if you take too long looking for something they find it for you.

Edited on 01/31/2009 at 7:53:18 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 31, 09 8:27 AM
The game gets harder as you go along. The auto-find thing stops, mostly, after the first level. There are 15 levels but to play the whole game, you need to play the parts of both sisters, Fire and Water, which makes 30 levels. I doubt that you could get near the end in just 20 min.

There are two things you may not like. Although the auto-find thing stops, for the most part, after the first level or so. It kicks in later on, occasionally. Sometimes when you find 5 flowers, you get a heart. Other times, you get that annoying auto-find thing. it wouldn't be bad if you could choose which item to find (Hint, Hint!). The other is that you revisit scenes again and again. Now, that doesn't bother me because I have to find different objects each time and some are difficult for me so I do have a challenge there.

I was going to wait until FEB 1 to get this but couldn't stand the wait and jumped in and bought it with my last credit and I LOVE it!

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jan 31, 09 3:11 PM
bribling wrote:The game gets harder as you go along. The auto-find thing stops, mostly, after the first level. There are 15 levels but to play the whole game, you need to play the parts of both sisters, Fire and Water, which makes 30 levels. I doubt that you could get near the end in just 20 min.

There are two things you may not like. Although the auto-find thing stops, for the most part, after the first level or so. It kicks in later on, occasionally. Sometimes when you find 5 flowers, you get a heart. Other times, you get that annoying auto-find thing. it wouldn't be bad if you could choose which item to find (Hint, Hint!). The other is that you revisit scenes again and again. Now, that doesn't bother me because I have to find different objects each time and some are difficult for me so I do have a challenge there.

I was going to wait until FEB 1 to get this but couldn't stand the wait and jumped in and bought it with my last credit and I LOVE it!

Bribling

I liked this game I played the first sister and only played about 4 levels of the second sister before I got bored with it going to the the same scenes all the time. Most of the items were very easy to find and the mini-games were fun but on the whole very easy.

I did like that you could change to image or list mode which was a great innovation and I found that I played about half list mode, half image mode.

A nice relaxing HO game.

JMAlshik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JMAlshik on Feb 7, 09 9:35 AM
I thought the game itself was too slow in responding to keep you moving along in the trial mode before making the decision to buy--it seemed to freeze up all the time or maybe it was just too big a game to have you try out .... long story short I was glad it finally came to the end of my trial session--deleted that bad boy...

lilhexy
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lilhexy on Feb 14, 09 9:17 AM
I only played it with one sister because I figured it was the same thing with the other one except one was 'timed" and the other was "relaxed" mode. I actually found the game funny..laughed at the things coyote said about the gods when describing them. I dont think you have to play with both sisters though cuz the game had an ending with just one sister. I liked the game..thought it was cute..

[Post New]by donkeyscommand on Feb 26, 09 5:17 PM
This game is absolutely dreadful. All the dialogue sounds like it's being spoken by a 2 year old girl. The puzzles are a joke and the the manufactures couldn't even be bothered to realize you could skip ALL the god levels and just play the searching levels. This game is a COMPLETE waste of your money and time and if you like this kind of game for the love of Big Fish, buy The Mystery Of Unicorn Castle, Azada or one of the many other games that are 5 billion times better than this. Anyone who honestly like dthis game should check their pulse, they may be dead...

[Post New]by Wholley on Mar 11, 09 4:25 PM
Alas, I purchased this game and while the time trial seemed good, the game itself was way to short. Maybe at half the price it may have been money well spent but not even at 6.99 do I think it was worth it. Yes, it has some cute parts but it is nothing like a Ravenhurst game. Still it was playable...I have tried others that were not.

Later

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 4, 09 4:41 PM
I really liked this game! IMO, it's not short, and the mini games were fun. I was having trouble with the game freezing up, but when I updated my graphics and directX it played just fine. This is one game that I will go back to again and again.

[Post New]by Maureen524 on Jun 24, 09 2:03 PM
I have been enjoying this game immensely. OK, So I may be a wimp, but I'm here to have fun, not burn out a few more grey cells.

mysticmomma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by mysticmomma on Feb 17, 10 9:41 PM
I kinda liked this game. Granted I got irritated with the auto find thing and soon realized that most of that was filling my hearts and then finding enough flower thingies to get another ... the new heart automatically finds something. Mostly I got it for my kids to play, trying to get them away from the fight games lol.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 7, 10 3:57 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

On the whole, I wouldn't recommend it either - especially if you're not a fan of straight HOGs. While there were some things I liked about it (no junkpile HOG scenes, word lists or pictures, easy minigames), the elements I didn't like far outweighed them. The chauvanistic, "hey baby" guy set my teeth on edge. The characters' mouths appeared to move, but that was ultimately very distracting since those movements didn't even come close to matching the words you hear. And the storyline that's supposed to hold all the scenes together was never really developed past the initial scene. When all was said and done, I was just glad to see the demo end. If you like straight HOGs and don't mind not having a story to follow then you might enjoy this one; but if that's not the case, you'll probably enjoy something else more.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 3:30 PM
I enjoyed it. It won't make my top 10 list, but it's okay.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jul 18, 10 3:36 PM
I'm with textrekkie. I enjoyed it. Not a fav but worth a look if you like straight Hidden object games. I found many of the objects hard to find but generally hidden in plain sight. Wasn't as much of a fan of the mini-games. Probably a great DD.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 29, 11 2:52 PM
Based on my demo of it, I'd agree with getting it if it was offered as a DD, but wouldn't recommend paying full price for it.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 21, 11 10:51 AM
I found the game uninteresting, and was annoyed at how the males referred to the females. Non-challenging games, same scenes for hidden objects often, and just not exciting enough to pull you in. What I did like was as you go on the option to look at the list of hidden objects either as a list or as pictures, and you can switch between them, the method of building up hints, and being able to hold more than one as you progress. Would not buy, but can see positive things that others might enjoy.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 21, 12 7:07 PM
Bpup wrote:Based on my demo of it, I'd agree with getting it if it was offered as a DD, but wouldn't recommend paying full price for it.

This is why it pays to throw down a few words in the game threads. I knew that I had demo'd this game a while ago, but couldn't remember for the life of me whether I thought it was buy-able or not.

Go to: