croque madame exam

[Post New]by courtney735 on May 5, 12 11:08 AM
i can't seem to get four made to get 5 stars. is there a trick or is it just a matter of luck in the order the ingredients fall?

jennmo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:croque madame exam

[Post New]by jennmo on May 5, 12 3:02 PM
This one is very frustrating! I didn't miss catching a single one and I can't get all my stars. I mean, you can only catch them as what you need falls. I feel like it's a little unfair.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on May 6, 12 6:09 AM
yes this is very frustrating but it is possible got it after about 3 dozen times

[Post New]by tsbaylor03 on May 6, 12 1:41 PM
Same here. I was hoping there was a button to press to speed things up, but I haven't found anything so far.

[Post New]by busymeltdown on May 7, 12 7:37 AM
I agree. I've lost track of the number of times I've tried this exam.

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on May 7, 12 6:10 PM
It's a total crapshoot. You're at the mercy of the ingredients that fall and their speed, because nothing else you do matters. I did finally get it but it was only because the ingredients I needed fell in the right order that particular time. I guess just keep trying, and good luck

[Post New]by Maelianitha on May 7, 12 9:24 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with this one. it's REALLY frustrating and takes the fun out of it, as it's not *my* skill that's causing the failure, it's the ingredients that are falling that are causing the issue.

They either need to adjust the falling rate to be closer to what the required sandwich is, or they need to give more time to allow for the bad drop rate.

[Post New]by hiddenblessing79 on May 20, 12 6:50 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. I liked Cooking Academy 1 (and 2 was not so bad) but 3 is sooo stupid. There are some things impossible to do (croque madame exam) - cannot get 4 - no matter how many times I redo it. One of the things I liked about the games was the realism. When do you ever have to catch flying ingredients???!!!! it is RIDICULOUS.

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on May 27, 12 12:37 PM
ARGH!!!!!!!! I could understand if we were putting quarters in to play. At least you would be a little justified in making this part of the game ridiculously IMPOSSIBLE! Or worse maybe its because the developers don't care that it is messed up. Anyway. Please, developers, put out a new download fixing this issue so I can go back and fairly win that trophy.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 20, 12 5:16 AM
This is a little difficult to explain so I hope I'm going to be clear, but it can be done.

The ingredients start falling pretty close together and you'll need to catch them all as quickly as possible right from the start of this exam or you won't get enough coming down in the allotted time.

You do this by moving to catch your next slice of cheese (for example) whilst the lettuce you don't want is still on the screen. As long as you don't catch the lettuce just at the tip as it's falling but move your bread "through" it half way down you'll get your cheese without picking up the lettuce. I got my full stars in this way. It's the same for all of the other games where items are falling.

[Post New]by Maelianitha on Feb 5, 13 4:54 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:This is a little difficult to explain so I hope I'm going to be clear, but it can be done.

The ingredients start falling pretty close together and you'll need to catch them all as quickly as possible right from the start of this exam or you won't get enough coming down in the allotted time.

You do this by moving to catch your next slice of cheese (for example) whilst the lettuce you don't want is still on the screen. As long as you don't catch the lettuce just at the tip as it's falling but move your bread "through" it half way down you'll get your cheese without picking up the lettuce. I got my full stars in this way. It's the same for all of the other games where items are falling.

I've tried that too and it still often doesn't give me *all* the things I need in the right order..

[Post New]by zahara_adawiyah on Aug 9, 13 11:10 PM
hello, but i think i can do catch croque madame and get 5 stars for this level. first time, i was really frustrated. but i try to finishing all level. after that, i try to play catch croque madame again, MAGIC, i can do this level well..

so, i think you need to finish all level and try catch croque madame again..

GOOD LUCK

[Post New]by pugwuver on Dec 9, 13 2:01 PM
I have never posted to a forum until now. I have to say this is the most frustrating exam. I've played the other 2 cooking academy games and enjoyed them but this one exam is driving me crazy. it's not as if you can improve your skills. you are at the mercy of the game which is so unfair. just my two cents....

Go to: