bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 6, 12 1:21 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 6, 12 1:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 6, 12 1:39 AM
There's no comments thread, but even if there were, I would only refer anyone to this thead, because I bought this game from the devs last month. This is a review based on the completed game.

I should apologize to the devs for what I am about to say, but I am not going to. In this day and age, with the high quality of games coming out from around the globe, if a game as below average as this one is put out there, they cannot expect not to bear the brunt. They deserve to hear it, and hear it they shall.

I am well familiar with The Riddle Box, having replayed it a few times. It is an extremely good game in all respects. This sequel easily made my list - my Worst Games Ever List. It bears no resemblance to the prequel whatsoever. It is rough and crude and filled with tiny objects that make it necessary to constantly hit the hint button. The puzzles are dumb and there is no logic to the story, which I found impossible to follow.

It all takes place in the town square from which a handful of locations lead off. Hari features about 3, maybe 4 times, tops, and has little to do with the game play or the story. He's like a token figure.

After The Riddle Box, it was announced that the sequel had been shelved. They should have left it that way. Passionfruit Games must have undergone a huge staff change, and these new guys have done the company's rep much harm with this awful game. How they could think that this has any redeeming qualities, I cannot imagine.

It simply stinks.

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 1:47:23 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 6, 12 1:47 AM
Not having a lot of time I only played the car scene to its completion (20 minutes) to ensure that the game worked on my computer and it did and so I have bought it .

The best thing about Tiger Eye's games are the puzzles but I haven't done many yet.

The options selection is excellent and includes Widescreen and you can play in Casual, Advanced or Expert mode ... I played in Advanced with no sparkles or tutorial because the Expert mode comes with even harder no hints or skips puzzles and I am always scared that I will come across a puzzle I can't do and thus never see the end of the game .

The graphics are clear and I didn't have any trouble finding the hidden objects, the voiceovers are good From the very beginning the storyline ensures you want to play the game because you would have to be dead not to want to save the handsome shapeshifter Hari from evil not to mention rescuing your friend Kit too.

I loved the first game and the second looks like being just as good, fins crossed.

Cherb

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 1:50:01 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 6, 12 1:55 AM
hi fishes just did the demo enjoyed there 11 chps 3 game modes also voiceovers filled my screen bright &clear. has amap there are puzzles minnim gamesthis isa newdev for me.there is a lot to do in this one imho. will bea buy for me dont want to give away to much i say like all games try it &see have fun fishes i know i did just want to add thank you cherbtoo you said just what i thought thanks dev &bf for what looks like a great game

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 2:02:08 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 6, 12 2:02 AM
Good morning Sheerija, Cherbtoo, and other fishies...

I have to partly agree with both the above reviewers.

Exactly 2 years ago, I bought the first "Tiger Eye" game, and I swear the graphics were far better than those of today's game.

I was very disappointed by the graphics - some scenes in particular were worse than others - and, as Cherbtoo said, the puzzles were the best part of the game, even though I am not a puzzle-solving person.

--- --- ---

There is widescreen - and it works for me.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual (which I played), Advanced, and Expert.

Expert mode, like Advanced mode, has no sparkles, and the tutorial is off.
Also in Expert mode many of the puzzles are harder, and there will be no hints for the puzzles, and you can't skip them.

You can only play in Expert mode once you have unlocked 20 HINT points.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

The Journal is at the left, and the HINT button at the right.

You start off with 5 hints, and get more with objects you find and puzzles you solve.

There are no HOS (hidden object scenes). Items you need to find are in the main scenes and some close-up scenes.
The items you need to find are in your inventory list. When the text is faded, there are no more items to be found in that particular scene, so you have to look elsewhere for the rest.

There are many puzzles, most of which I managed without the SKIP button, and which I liked.

When you are doing a puzzle, you first have to use 2 hints before you can skip the game. At least there is no waiting period for the hints or the skip button to activate.

--- --- ---

I don't like the graphics, which are crude and belong to games made several years ago.

I really like the gameplay. I like finding objects in different scenes, and I like the puzzles and mini games.

However, I wasn't enthusiastic about this game. I didn't feel the urge to stop playing so I could buy the game. Therefore, I won't buy this game for the full price, but will most likely buy it when there is a sale or it comes up as a DD.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 6, 12 2:06 AM

I bought it from the developers last month, as well. I even bought the book while I was waiting for this sequel.

I agree with Sheerijas' comments. I was disappointed. Hari was mostly missing. He did a bit at the beginning, a little in the middle and then a heroic scene at the end.

Some graphics were quite good while others were quite bad. Like they lost a 3D artist somewhere in the middle of production and made do with a 2D graphics program. The cut scenes graphics were generally better than the game graphics.

It was mostly puzzles strung together with uneven sound quality character conversations and uneven graphics.

Nice music, though.

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 2:12:07 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 6, 12 2:17 AM
i betaed this one and in my notebook i have noticed:not even with CC!
i played demo a second time and found exactly the same!
there the great exemple of game with many interesting good choices for technicals criterions,but where the great lack is :the story without any interest for me,and the graphics which are bad:no atmosphere here and no care in the making of !
sorry,if some of happy fishes like it,i wish you happy playing
"sigh"another week without any good games for me(did not buy even the CE)!but i hope some fishes have found their happiness!

[Post New]by VeryBigFish on May 6, 12 2:41 AM
I was hoping for more of "something" from this game. For me, the story was hard to follow...or even care about. Graphics were a bit rough. Visually seemed very...just...scattered. Did enjoy the puzzles, though they were a bit on the easy side.

I was planning on putting this on my DD list....until I was kicked from the demo before the hour was up. While skimming the walkthrough, I realized that I had completed 4 of 11 chapters in about 40 minutes of play. That means I would probably have just over an hour of play left. I never buy a game that short (even if it scores high in all other categories)

No Buy for me

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 2:43:27 AM PST

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on May 6, 12 2:46 AM
Sheerija................

Reading your review was as if the words came from my own computer.
I agree completely. Maybe 5 years ago, but not with todays standards.
I tried, but found nothing positive with this mess.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on May 6, 12 2:58 AM
I kind of agree with the other reviewers - the graphics are old-fashioned (but clear! and bright!) and the story doesn't make much sense (do they ever?). But - and it's a very big but - I'm really enjoying this game.

Puzzles are fairly original, not too hard but not too easy either. Hidden objects are not the same old same old boomerangs, fans and crowbars - not too hard to find but not too easy either. The hint system is well thought out.

I know some fishies are very fussy about the quality of graphics, voiceovers, widescreen and the like, but as far as I'm concerned, the test of a good game is playability, and this one has it for me!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 6, 12 3:17 AM
Since I bought Tiger Eye Curse of the Riddle Box I have really looked forward to the second game; there is a brief resume of the first game in the prologue & this can be played in isolation but you will miss the background to Dela & Hari’s story if you did not play the first one.

Here you explore Dela’s hometown & try to find her friend who has been kidnapped, however the exploring is rather disjointed, there is not as much story with this game & it feels as though you are moving to different places simply to collect items & solve puzzles rather than following a logical process. The graphics are clear but the artwork is not as good as the first game & many scenes remind me of a junkpile H0G (Dela’s workshop for instance).

There are 3 modes of play, casual with sparkles, advanced without & you start off with 6 hints in both; if you earn 20 hints in one of the easier modes it unlocks expert where the puzzles are harder & there is no hint or skip button. Extra hints are earned through the game so you are unlikely to run out.

This is a game that concentrates on solving puzzles & these are excellent, numerous & varied – there are some I have not played before. In addition occasionally Dela uses her physic power & it triggers a match 3. Each puzzle has 2 hints to help you solve them which is really helpful as I certainly could not solve them all without; if you still cannot get the answer then there is a skip button.

There are hidden objects but they are not the usual word list; mostly it is having to find a specific set of items to solve a puzzle or repair an item, etc. & you search for the items within the main scenes.

All in all neither the story nor the artwork is as good as the first game & I miss the interaction between Dela & Hari as it is brief & sparse here. It is a good thing that BFG have a double punch offer this weekend as that is the only reason for me buying today otherwise I would have waited for it to be on sale as a Daily Deal.

ETA after finishing the game - it is rather short; it took me around 2-1/2 hours to finish, I would only recommend if you really like solving mini puzzles.

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 4:59:52 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 6, 12 3:55 AM
Based on the trial:

I sort of expected a game just for the ladies, but that's not the case at all----there has been a big de-emphasis on the romance that was a little off-putting in the first one. (for me, anyway) And the emphasis here is simply on the game and story.

The graphics are indeed a bit rough, but I really like the gameplay and the puzzles quite a bit. The way things are set up as to finding the objects is unique and really adds to the fun factor. And the story is just interesting enough to keep you going to see what happens next.

The game is presented in widescreen, unlike the first one in this series. Another dev appears to have caught on to trend of all the newer and better games. (And I didn't have to change a thing on my computer! )

There are quite a few features in this game that set it apart from the usual sort of hidden object fare we see nowadays such as the hint system, the collection of objects, and the differently unique puzzles----lots to like about this one, even though the graphics could have been a little better. At least they didn't throw in a short bonus chapter, an unnecessary strategy guide, concept art, blah, blah, etc. and ask for double money. It doesn't pretend to be a bit more than a game that is just different and fun to play.

Ultimately, I agree with the reviewer that said it has good playability----so it's a buy for me!!

As always, take advantage of the free trial and decide for yourself.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 6, 12 6:13 AM
I was really excited to see this as I loved the first one

I agree that the graphics could have been better but the game play for me was a lot of fun. It was also nice to get a break from dark games in run down adondoned buildings .
It's mainly a puzzle game with some story and hidden object scattered in. The story is a bit hard to follow but I am there for the play anyway The navigation, hint system and directions were very different in this and I found it refreshing!

The puzzles in this are not extremely hard. I did play in the easiest mode for the trial and it does say that if you play the harder modes the puzzles can get harder. ??

I do agree with previous posts on the lack of interaction between characters. There could have been more of Hari since thats where it all started.

I was all set to buy this anyway until I checked the walk through and realised once again that I had completed just shy of half the game in the hour demo I spend to much here as it is so I try to get as much play as possible for my money!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 6, 12 6:29 AM
I agree with Bratzgram;
Enjoyed this game quite a bit. After the reviews I was expecting something akin to our infamous developer who we all grown about..but this actually was fun.
Yes, the graphics were a lot simpler but I also am due for a relief from dark dark games, as good as they are. It's a treat for a sunday. I only wish it were longer.
kris

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on May 6, 12 7:16 AM
I enjoyed the first game and eagerly waited for the second part. Interestingly enough, I was thinking about this the other day and here it is! So, my review of the demo, which is all I've done so far.

I'm not going to describe what the game is about, there are already excellent descriptions previously posted. As has been stated elsewhere, there are three levels of play. I chose casual as I prefer to take my time with games, at least in the beginning, or, in some cases, first time through. Sparkles do exist although I did not find them annoying. (I generally don't) The game seemed fairly self-explanatory, reasonably easy to navigate with a journal to help keep track of your tasks, and, at least so far, not too much too-ing and fro-ing. I liked the puzzles and was able to complete most of them, although with a hint or two on a couple. So far several I haven't seen before and enjoyed working my way through.

No, not much of a story line but if you go into it with the idea that the graphics may not be top-of-the-line and the story a bit disjointed you can still have a good time with this game. I've read the book and so far they do follow the story to at least some degree. It's not a "female romance" game, there's more to it than that and they actually got fairly creative with the puzzles with (so far) no true HOS scenes.

I didn't finish with the "must have more!" feeling so will probably wait for a DD or WD to purchase. All in all, a decent but not, in my humble opinion, great game.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 6, 12 7:47 AM
I agree with Sheerija and Valdy.

I bought this game from the dev when it came out, and it was disappointing. The more I played, the more disappointing it was.

I liked the puzzles,as some of them are pretty interesting and unique (and hard, which I like). The graphics though? Yikes. The first game had SO much better graphics. As I was playing it, I kept thinking, "Who approved these graphics?!" The characters' faces have changed so much from the first game that they're almost unrecognizable. Additionally, they just look strange and shiny.

The music is decent and changes when you go to a different location, but the voice acting varies in sound quality and volume. Very strange.

The game is super short, especially since most of the "hidden object" scenes took me no time at all.

The best part of the first game was the story, and I expected more of the same for this one. Nope. The story is choppy and quite odd, like they were trying to make a true sequel and then decided to add a mystery in there, except the "mystery" makes zero sense.

The more time I've had to marinate on this game, the more I don't like it. It was disappointing as a fan of the first game to wait for so long for this one.

[Post New]by fisher52 on May 6, 12 9:17 AM
It's a rotten disappointment after waiting two years for the sequel.
The magic between Hari and Delilah is gone, they don't even look the same!

The story line doesn't pick up where the first riddle box left off!

Disappointing and shameful!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 6, 12 10:47 AM
I downloaded the game and started to play it. Unless the game play changes this is the Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box. All the scenes at the beginning are in the first game so I don't think this is the sequel since it does not pick up where the first game left off

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 6, 12 11:09 AM
I have the first Tiger and really enjoyed it. This one is very disappointing. Graphics nice, game play okay (no problems), different type of "HOG" (I actually liked this part of the game). Music okay. Story line leave a lot to be desired. Just didn't leave me wanting more when the demo ended. Too bad. Could have been a very nice game.

Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: