snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Comments for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 6, 12 4:56 AM
I'm so excited, I didn't think we'd ever see the second part of this.

Recommend playing the first game since it's based on a book series and the plot is kind of important.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Comments for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 6, 12 5:21 AM
I was excited too but this is not a patch on the first game, there is no story to speak of & hardly any interaction betweeen Dela & Hari. Am deeply disappointed

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 6, 12 5:43 AM
[removed by Moderator] I bought it straightaway without trying it out first so that's disappointing news. It's still downloading, I'll be back once I've had a chance to play.

ETA: this has to be the most ridiculous edit I've ever seen.

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 7:18:33 PM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 6, 12 6:01 AM
I look forward to hearing what you think - the one plus is that there are a lot of puzzles & there are some good ones.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on May 6, 12 6:53 AM
I'm glad to hear about the puzzles, that's my favorite part, well that and the story line. Seems odd they would lose the story some it's based on a book .

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 6, 12 6:58 AM
The big difference (from what I remember since I haven't played the first game in a while) is the graphics look computer generated now versus hand drawn in the first. I wasn't enamored with the silly romance but it was funny watching them make googoo eyes at each other and I'll miss that. Other than that, I don't see why this game is generating such harsh criticism, it's fun and clever so far.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 6, 12 7:55 AM
snapnhiss wrote:The big difference (from what I remember since I haven't played the first game in a while) is the graphics look computer generated now versus hand drawn in the first. I wasn't enamored with the silly romance but it was funny watching them make googoo eyes at each other and I'll miss that. Other than that, I don't see why this game is generating such harsh criticism, it's fun and clever so far.

Whew..Glad you said that since I also bought untested. I loved the first game and when I saw the title of this one I immediately hit the buy button. Something I rarely do.
DLing now so keeping my fingers crossed.

Just wanted to swim back by and say I loved the game! Other than length which I would have loved to be longer I have no complaints.

Happy Gaming

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 5:09:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Wintersfae on May 7, 12 7:29 AM
I did try it and went on to buy it. It definately did not "continue" from where the first left off. I have read the book and was pleased with the first one, but the second one was just weird (don't get me wrong I intend to play it until my computer cries) it threw out the plot of the book, changing things, adding conection where they ought not to be. It was rather confusing at first, and there was so much they could have done to extend the length of the game. The puzzles were great!! I loved them, I just wished it could have been longer.
The graphics were not what they were in the first and that was funny at the beginning and still prefer the first...but I'm off to play it yet again!!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 7, 12 1:45 PM
Wintersfae wrote:It definately did not "continue" from where the first left off.

I thought it did. The first one ended when they were on the plane coming home and the second started when they were driving home from the airport. Can't get anymore "continued" than that.

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on May 7, 12 7:54 PM
Uhmmmm remember the fellow in the front seat? The DRIVER?? Where did HE go?

Having said that I also purchased this game without a trial - finished it in under 2 hours - te story line was almost non-existant (sp), the graphics are laughable and there is almost no Hari!!! Its as though a child drew this.

Considering how long I waited for this I feel like I wasted not only my credits but my time.

chunkychow
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by chunkychow on May 8, 12 3:27 AM
Suggestion for Big Fish -
Have not played game - when reading the reviews I noticed that the people who had just played the demo liked the game alot more than people who had (seemingly) finished the game
I think it would be great to have an icon (or something) to indicate if reviews are based on demo or on finish. Maybe one for played longer than demo - something like

(demo) (demo +) (finish)

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 8, 12 11:42 AM
A buy for me. Graphics are a little too simple for my tastes, but the gameplay is very good and a change from the run of the mill. Recommend!

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 8, 12 5:13 PM
I have been waiting for this game ever since I bought and played the first one. I did not even have to download the demo first, as soon as I saw the title...it was a buy for me. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed at how short this one is in comparison to the first one. This one was mostly puzzles, one after another, not much storyline

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 8, 12 5:56 PM
JulieJay wrote:
Wintersfae wrote:It definately did not "continue" from where the first left off.

I thought it did. The first one ended when they were on the plane coming home and the second started when they were driving home from the airport. Can't get anymore "continued" than that.

The first one ended when they had landed in America and had been picked up by one of the guys from Dirk and Steele, which is true to the book. The second one apparently forgets we might remember that little piece and has Dela driving, which is anything but true to the book.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 9, 12 3:47 AM
I ended up really enjoying this game. The first one was more challenging but I'm lazy and I enjoyed some of the easier puzzles I could solve without resorting to using hints. I'm not a big romance novel reader but I thought the ending was really sweet. There was just enough Hari for me. I didn't think the game was all that short either but then I didn't play it all the way through in one sitting. I would guess it took me well over three hours.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on May 11, 12 12:48 AM
I guess I'm glad I never heard of the books before this game came out. When I saw this game as a new game, I started reading about it. After finding out it's a sequel, I bought the first game, played it and then bought this one.

There were definite differences between the two games but I feel the developer made drastic improvements, especially regarding the hidden objects, in this game versus the first one. I had a dickens of a time finding all the objects in the first game. Sometimes sat for 20 minutes trying to find them all and found that both frustrating and rather boring but I liked the story and the puzzles so much that I didn't give up.

The first game was such an enjoyable game that I didn't hesitate to buy this one and I don't feel I was let down at all. But as I said, I haven't read the books either. I do love reading (although I haven't read a "romance" novel in so long I can't remember when it was) and may see if my local library has it.

I love puzzles and this game was simply "chock full" of them!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 11, 12 1:16 AM
Hi there,
I was also looking forward to the sequel as many of you were but must admit that whilst I appreciated larger items for which to search (some of them were very tiny in the original game), I was underwhelmed by a few factors - and I apologise if these have already been mentioned and will keep to my main gripes.
Firstly I missed travelling to exotic parts of the world a la the first game. Being resticted to one town, albeit numerous scenes in that town, was unexciting. I thought we would find the woman who sold Dela the Riddle Box in a much more "interesting" environment than a store in her home town. (Opium den or something????)
Secondly, the storyline of revenge involving a crime syndicate was also not what I had expected. It seemed too "normal" compared with the fantasy introduced in the first game. It totally negated the storyline about Hari's sister etc in the first for me and didn't suit the mystical evil.
Thirdly, the focus on people other than Hari to be rescued etc was not in the spirit of the first ...............
Fourthly, there was not enough interraction between Dela and Hari - this was one of the charms of the first and to let Dela set off on her own was "blah".
And finally, at least the treasure hunt at the end could have been longer - one of the better sequences of this game (and added to the romantic interest that I for one was wondering about!!).
That said, I did enjoy my playing time, and thought the game would have been a lot of fun if it had been a "stand-alone" game other than a sequel to one that a lot of us enjoyed immensely and had "images" of what it could be.
I haven't read the books upon which this series was based, so maybe the devs were guided by the premise of the books rather than fulfilling our own gaming imaginations/fantasies.
Cheers

riosilk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by riosilk on May 16, 12 9:23 AM
I didn't even know there were books related to this game. I thought the first game was really cute, and the story line interesting. At the end, when the driver is looking in the mirror, I wondered how it was going to take off again. None of that ever comes to light. I played it for the hour trial only. For me, the mini-games are cumbersome, not intriguing as the ones in the first were. Sometimes it is hard to even tell what is going on. You often have to click around before anything lets you know what the next "task" is. The original interaction between Dela and Hari, and her quest to free him from his past won my affection. In this game I saw more ado about "Kit", whom I could care less about, than I did Hari - supposedly the whole reason for Dela's involvement and fight with these mystical persons. According to other posts they turn out to be some kind of organized crime junk. How very ordinary. And what about the old lady who sold the riddle box in the first place? I am disappointed with this as a sequel. It could easily be renamed and presented as a stand alone. Then no one would be expecting any "revelations" from the last game, and just play it for the ordinary, quirky diversion that it is.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on May 20, 12 7:22 AM
This is a nice, fairly light hearted game and I enjoyed it.

My main problems are that grapics were not comparable to the first game (which I liked the cartoon aspect)
Romance storyline is very downplayed in this game and there is not enough interraction between Dela and Hari
and the game was too short for my liking. Even if it were just an hour more, I think it would have been more enjoyable.

Ah well, I still liked it and found it entertaining. Think I may have to look into the books now!

Go to: