Black Light and computer?

[Post New]by pixietink112 on May 6, 12 7:12 AM
I am suppose to use the black light and the pattern I got, and I'm trying to go by the guide, but I'm confused on what I'm suppose to do. Nothing is making sense. Anyone get this far yet?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Black Light and computer?

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 6, 12 10:22 PM
Hi moonwalker97478,

I took a look at the Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Walkthrough and I can see that using the black light on the domino, should show the correct pattern to set the switches.

The following screenshot shows how they need to be positioned.

If the problem persists after consulting the Walkthrough, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 10:23:20 PM PST

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on May 13, 12 7:27 AM
I just cant finish this game the ending is to hard Val

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on May 21, 12 9:56 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi moonwalker97478,

I took a look at the <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/abandoned-chestnut-lodge-walkthrough/>Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Walkthrough</a> and I can see that using the black light on the domino, should show the correct pattern to set the switches.

The following <a href=http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Abandoned-Chestnut-Lodge-Asylum/abandoned-chestnut-lodge-asylum119.jpg>screenshot</a> shows how they need to be positioned.

If the problem persists after consulting the Walkthrough, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

bfgBaikal

[b]In my case positioning the switches as the walkthrough and the guide shows me doesn't help. I still cannot get power to the computer. Does anyone know what I should do to get past this? Also I could not use the jack on the elevator door so I didn't get the HO and the results from that. Any help out there? Thanks all.
cjpandie

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 10:01:54 AM PST

captwesker
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Black Light and computer?

[Post New]by captwesker on Jul 9, 13 1:53 PM
pixietink112 wrote:I am suppose to use the black light and the pattern I got, and I'm trying to go by the guide, but I'm confused on what I'm suppose to do. Nothing is making sense. Anyone get this far yet?

In the room with the asylum director and the bomb, use the black light (all the lights will go off so you can see the cool purple effects from the black light). When you move the black light over the correct spot, the black light will disappear and the normal lights will come on. You will now have a code in your journal.

Head to the guard house at the beginning of the game (one scene up from the police tape scene where you had to use all the puzzle pieces) and look at the fuse panel on the left wall. Use the code from your journal to position the fuses in the correct position. The computer will now turn on.

captwesker
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by captwesker on Jul 9, 13 1:57 PM
[b]In my case positioning the switches as the walkthrough and the guide shows me doesn't help. I still cannot get power to the computer. Does anyone know what I should do to get past this? Also I could not use the jack on the elevator door so I didn't get the HO and the results from that. Any help out there? Thanks all.
cjpandie

Hopefully I just answered the computer question in the last post. As to the 'level' (jack) on the elevator door, here's how to get this to work :

Go to the elevator, and ride it up to the second floor. Head into the room straight ahead where you did the light puzzle, and jump out of the window. Head back inside to the elevator but DO NOT hit the button to recall the elevator. Instead, use your 'level' (car jack) on the door while the elevator is on the second floor. This will open the doors so you can see the bottom of the shaft where you can access a Hidden Object Scene.

Complete the scene to get the police badge. This will be the code you need (it will appear in your journal) to access the computer in the guard house. You will then be able to complete the game without extra items in your inventory.

Go to: