mikedog
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Briefcase

[Post New]by mikedog on May 7, 12 4:26 AM
The briefcase by the fountain won't let me enter the code. The cursor just stays a magnifying glass. I backtracked to see if there was a place where I was supposed to have found the code and didn't find anything. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I can't get past this point.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Briefcase

[Post New]by govols2 on May 7, 12 5:29 AM
Hightlight to read

*** I believe the code for the briefcase is in the asylum just before you go up the stairs. There is a kind of magazine rack that you can look at. Look at the brochure for the asylum and there is a 3 digit code on the right side *****

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 7, 12 6:13 AM
Hi mikedog,

I was paddling past and wanted to add to this.

Have you tried checking the free Game Walkthrough which can be found HERE

Oftentimes, checking that all steps have been completed will help you to use an item that may be currently unresponsive!

If this doesn't help and you feel like you might be experiencing a Tech Issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 6:15:32 AM PST

[Post New]by fredb38 on May 7, 12 10:09 AM
Same problem. Can't enter code. All I get is a magnifying glass. Don't understand "Highlight to read"
What am I missing?

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 10:09:46 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on May 7, 12 10:54 AM
If you don't have the code then the highlight to read has where to find it.

click on the part where the stars *** are at the beginning. Then holding the left mouse button down drag your cursor to the right of the page and you can see what is written. It is a way to hide spoilers.

mikedog
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mikedog on May 7, 12 11:23 AM
Thanks for the advice re. the brochure stand next to the stairs. Was there an instruction in the strategy guide about the brochure stand? I've been through the strategy guide from the beginning twice and if it's there I'm skipping right over it. Anyway, clicking on the brochure stand and flipping the brochure to the second page worked and I'm moving on.

duostar2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by duostar2 on May 14, 12 11:04 PM
to open the briefcase you have to get the morphing object on the tray in the hand of the fountain statue...then presto, you can open it with the code

[Post New]by MedicalFrog1970 on May 19, 12 12:31 AM
just before you go up the stairs in the asylum, there is a magazine rack. on the brochure you got the moth from, click on the corner and you will see the 962...then when you go back to the briefcase you will be able to change the combination....the problem just happened to me, so this is the solution.

Go to: