katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Last level???

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 7, 12 11:33 PM
I played though until Yankee and his wife talk about staying there but the next level was back to the start! I was sure I still had levels on my map or was that the end?
I never got to capture the dark lord or get the water.

Edited to say it looks like it was the end. You can go back and try for gold on other levels if you wish.
An abrupt ending that's for sure!!!!

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 11:38:05 PM PST

Roebot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Last level???

[Post New]by Roebot on May 8, 12 8:03 PM
I thought I had missed something or hit the wrong button when I went back to the beginning. It felt like 5 levels were just chopped off the end of the game. Although I enjoyed the game mechanics and animations, the ending was not satisfying in any way. Nice to know I wasn't the only one questioning it.

desterata
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by desterata on May 10, 12 9:26 AM
Yeah.. Me too. They were talking about taking on the dark lord and then, nothing. How many times do you have to play through before you get to the final levels?

smiliedaze
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by smiliedaze on May 12, 12 5:47 PM
I have gold on all the levels so it isn't that to open up something else... if this is the end I will be sad, totally missing out on all the build up and hype. The last level was way to easy to be the end. ... this would be the worst ending since that sequel to that garden game with the dragon

[Post New]by Sammy690 on May 12, 12 8:10 PM
Totally bummed.... what a let down

[Post New]by ljcollins78 on May 13, 12 6:24 PM
yea me too, got gold on all levels and thought there was more after level 40 hit next and it took me to the first level. Liked the game but not the ending

sharonatoo
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sharonatoo on May 16, 12 4:57 AM
Same here! I kept thinking I need to work faster to get The Dark Lord out, but nope, that's not it, I had plenty of time and gold left. It seems like there should be more levels. Does anyone know if this is the same on the PC and MAC versions?

Could someone from Big Fish comment please?

[Post New]by travis010 on May 21, 12 7:55 AM
Echoing what everyone else has said, I can't believe that the game ends here. It's as if they intended to have 10 more levels and didn't have time to get them done so it just got chopped off. Why even have a story line to follow if you're going to stop in the middle of it. I enjoyed playing the game a lot but am very disappointed in the way it ended.

s_guffey
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by s_guffey on May 23, 12 3:18 PM
Just agreeing with everyone. It seems like it ended in the middle of the story.

alwaysmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by alwaysmom on May 26, 12 11:07 AM
Seems like everything in the story is out of order... you see his wife before he finds her, you do actions and later on are taught how to do them... Really feels like someone mixed up the levels.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on May 26, 12 9:19 PM
alwaysmom wrote:Seems like everything in the story is out of order... you see his wife before he finds her, you do actions and later on are taught how to do them... Really feels like someone mixed up the levels.

They mention a princess and he says it sounds like his wife. We don't see her until we actually meet her.

Level 40 is the last level. It takes you back to the map and will restart on level 1 unless you chose a level you want to replay - for those who want to get gold on all levels.

Waterfaery
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Waterfaery on Jun 8, 12 2:17 AM
Felt to me like they were deliberately leaving the story and ending hanging to build up for a sequel (hint hint...hope hope!!) There's just too many loose ends not to think the devs intend a sequel.

Go to: