bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Citadel Arcanes

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 8, 12 12:29 AM
Mix, connect, and construct your very own Citadel in Citadel Arcanes! Save your father by restoring the the Healer's Circle! As the Duke's daughter, you are learning the Arcanes of Magic and working on becoming the greatest architect in the kingdom. After your father contracts a mysterious illness, it's up to you to use your Match 3 talents to restore the Healer's Circle in Citadel Arcanes!

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 9:33:31 AM PST

Re:Citadel Arcanes

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 8, 12 1:00 AM
Not my cup of tea. Certainly not relaxing, even on untimed. Such a busy little game, always something spinning and moving and you must, you must build your buildings as you go. Yeah, I said 'you must' twice It will give you a warning if you don't. Some of you may like this one, but I gave it my best shot, hoping it would get better, or I would adjust to the movement, but it didn't, and neither did I, lol. And the music wants to make you move it on along, quickly, quickly now!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 8, 12 1:04 AM
.... and apparently it has already been offered here in April.
Hm???

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 8, 12 1:16 AM
This game is set in slow motion, which is frustrating, and why doe the grid have to be at such an angle? It gives me a crick in my neck, trying to see what lines up with what. Match 3 after match 3, constantly, is boring. There needs to be interludes, with puzzles or something, every so often to break up the monotony.

Not well designed at all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 12 1:20 AM
I am just wondering why it takes the mods lately so long to make a "Reviews" thread. It's now way past 1am PST, and there is still no "Reviews" thread.
We were told in a sticky in the CCC that the forum will now be open 20 minutes later than it used to be (00.30 PST), but the "Reviews" threads have been taken longer and longer to make. *sigh*

And no, this game isn't for me either.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 8, 12 1:27 AM
LOL Valdy,
Maybe the Reviews Forum etc was set up in the "other" forum for this game.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 8, 12 1:28 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:.... and apparently it has already been offered here in April.
Hm???

I've also noticed that DLO

Very strange

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 8, 12 1:37 AM
I got sent to the original thread for this game to start with - it was reviewed in April.
I D/L to have a look anyway and now can't uninstall the game!
Not BF's best work tonight!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 8, 12 1:45 AM
Hi marie,
katejoe999 was the first one to notice this, but I found it "interesting" to say the least.
The link to the other forum is below.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/209760.page

Hi katejoe999,
What a conundrum you have discovered regarding TGT tonight.
Cheers

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 1:54:36 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 8, 12 1:56 AM
Well, the mystery may have been solved. Apparently this game was released for Mac in April.
I hope this version is for PC.
Cheers

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 12 3:04 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:LOL Valdy,
Maybe the Reviews Forum etc was set up in the "other" forum for this game.

LOL Well... there still isn't a "Reviews" thread, and it's now 3 hours after the game came out. There even isn't a "Technical Issues" thread.

And it's not just for this game - didn't even know it came out in April, but if it had been only for the Mac then of course I wouldn't have seen it - but it's for every game all of a sudden.
Aren't the mods get paid enough? Are we to assume they are on a partial strike, so that we get a forum but no Reviews thread? Should we start a collection for the mods so that they will be encouraged to continue their stirling work as it has been done before they went partially AWOL?

Or should we just sit back and admire this half-finished forum? *sits back and admires the little the mods have been doing today*

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 3:06:05 AM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 8, 12 4:00 AM
I think BFG have got themselves confused. If you click on the Newest Forum link (top right) you get sent here. If you go to the main page game and click on get tips in the forum (or whatever it says - on the left) you get sent to the other forum which has reviews/techs/comments etc.,

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 12 4:38 AM
Goodness, yes, JulieJay... you are right. I usually click on the right-hand link, which gets me straight to the forum. So there are 2 forums then. LOL

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 8, 12 5:24 AM
All is explained - a mac version first!
Will still have to sort out uninstalling it but I'm sure the tech guys will help me with that.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 8, 12 8:56 AM
Ah yes -- we Mac players so rarely get a game first. Can't blame the Mods for forgetting to check.

Regarding this game -- I suggest you skip it and never look back.

My Review:
Arcane Enjoyment
This would probably be a more pleasant and rewarding game if it didn't literally give you a stiff neck. The board and pieces are set at an angle so that visualizing matching in straight lines has you keeping your head at an obtuse angle.
Aside from that, the mechanic does not exactly allow for continuous moves. And what happens seems to move too slowly. It's all rather strange to describe. You might want to demo it. The game can be played with or without a timer. It is not wide screen.
What's it all about: You are a young girl granted land from your father to build a Citadel. The year is 3022 -- but there is nothing futuristic about the construction. There does seem to be a fair amount of magic and spells going on. The game centers around playing matching boards to earn whatever you need to purchase resources and build up your land. Unlike Heroes of Kalevala, it seems you are not populating the citizenry. Oh well, build it and they will come, I suppose.
With a number of Match 3's coming out lately, I don't need to add this one to my collection. The enjoyment was a mystery to me.

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 9:00:55 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 8, 12 9:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

I swam in here first thing this morning and found you discovered we accidentally created two Forums for this game!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over the other Forum here, so everything is in one place.

If you've written a review of the game - or would like to - you can post it in this thread over there as well:

Reviews for Citadel Arcanes

Sorry for the confusion with this and I hope you all are having a great Tuesday

bfgMonongahela

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 12 11:39 AM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Fishies!

I swam in here first thing this morning and found you discovered we accidentally created two Forums for this game!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over the other Forum <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2783.page>here</a>, so everything is in one place.

If you've written a review of the game - or would like to - you can post it in this thread over there as well:

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/205841.page>Reviews for Citadel Arcanes </a>

Sorry for the confusion with this and I hope you all are having a great Tuesday

bfgMonongahela

Aaah... so you are still working full-time then, Monongahela? No need for us to do a collection so you stop your part-time strike? Oh, that's good.

LOL

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on May 8, 12 11:52 AM
The tilted board isn't too bad actually and I did buy it because I was interested (and bored).

I was also 'it took 3,000 years to build? What?'

@ whoever said about it being nothing futuristic: You have to think though, from what point is it counting 3,000 years from? Also, just because it isn't futuristic doesn't mean that the in universe year can't be 3022.

Go to: