bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Clutter II: He Said, She Said technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Post any Clutter II: He Said, She Said technical issues here only

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 8, 12 7:01 AM
I was happily playing this nice chill game when I got to the part where you have to re-arrange the photo of the football match , skipped it as I didnt like it then there were numbers flashing on my cursor and I couldnt get out of the game at all without having to restart my laptop (twice) very strange wont bother thanks .

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 8, 12 7:56 AM
Hi Gillydi53:

I'm the developer of Clutter II. I apologize for causing you to reboot.

I try not to have minigames that people can't skip over. In that one, there is a Skip Button...and when you use it, the puzzle resets and gives you the flashing cursor numbers. If you wait 9 seconds...it will let you skip it again.

I guess 9 seconds is bit too long.

I will see if Big Fish Games will let me release a fix to that, Until then...you should be able to hit the Skip again after 9 seconds.

Thank you for letting me know about this problem.

Joe

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on May 8, 12 1:52 PM
I can't even get it to start downloading, I press download now button and the bar that says run shows up at the bottom of my screen and then nothing happens, funny thing is I decided to see if the 1st game would download, and it did the same thing. I have been a member for almost 2 years and never had this happen to me let alone twice.lol

I can not believe it, I have tried all day to get this game to load and FINALLY tonight I decided to try it again and BINGO. it worked. I am so glad it did because I bought the ist one and forgot how much fun this game was so its a buy for me .

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 6:45:30 PM PST

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on May 8, 12 4:34 PM
I did the puzzle and when it was finished the score was flashing and my cursor had 2 sets of numbers that changed depending on screen placement. I waited a bit then tried to skip but nothing happened except the skip option was gone.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 8, 12 4:38 PM
hey mooskilady
that's not a glitch, I had that, too. You need to find the right spot in the picture that corresponds with those numbers. It's almost like hunting for a single pixel though....

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 8, 12 5:12 PM
Hi Again:

And if you hit the skip and it blanks out, it will come back in 9 seconds...and then you can skip it if you want.

It's not quite a "single pixel"...I'm not that mean. (and if you read the words at the bottom of the picture (when you unscramble it)...it gives you a clue where to first start looking).

Joe

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on May 8, 12 6:40 PM
For the double numbers you only have to get in the ball park. I usually get close to the first number by moving left or right and then just move up or down for the second number. I agree it was frustrating until I figured that out in the first Clutter.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 9, 12 12:40 AM
Hey Joe--Thank you so much for visiting this forum! What an enjoyable game that you've produced!

I've had NO problems with the gameplay. The "coordinates" that a couple of folks have "suffered" with are indeed a bit "pixel-sensitive," but I think that's part of the fun! No "fix" needed, in my book! I don't recall complaints about that in the first Clutter, which was classic!

Good job! This is a great combo of H0G and Puzzle!

Regards, elldee

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on May 9, 12 1:04 AM
Hi Joe - I love this game! I've been playing for the past few hours and am really enjoying it. It's a great change of pace from the usual hidden object games. I especially like the music.

I just happened to see this on the new releases page and decided to give the demo a try. I loved it and have now downloaded the original Clutter. If it's anything like this one I'll be purchasing it!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 9, 12 11:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm just swimming by to remind everyone to please reserve this thread for technical issues with Clutter II: He Said, She Said only. Any posts after this not relating to technical issues will be removed.

That being said, happy gaming, and I hope we can solve any technical issues that might come up!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by simplicity19 on May 10, 12 4:26 AM
The 3-minute plate challenge does not respond. It remains on the 3 minute mark.
have had to skip it each time.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 10, 12 4:59 AM
Hi Simplicity19:

Have you made a match yet? You need 3 plates.

The 3 minute timer doesn't start until you make the first match.
(Just like in the regular Clutter games...I don't like starting a timer,
until the player makes the first move...in this case, the first match).

I'm not sure if this is what you're seeing, or it's something else....but
please try making a 3-plate match first...and seeing what happens.

Hope that helps.

Joe

[Post New]by adelaidedoglet on May 10, 12 10:49 AM
I'm having the same problem with the plate puzzle. I've clicked on matches and all sorts of permutations but the timer does not start and absolutely nothing happens. I have the difficulty level set to highest and I've had no problems with any other part of the game. Suggestions please...

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 10, 12 11:09 AM
Hi Adelaidedoglet:

I can't seem to reproduce it.

Can you tell me how many matches it says in the upper right?

You always need to match 3 plates...and they have to be exactly the same, and all three have to be on the ends of the rows (similar to Mah Jong).

I apologize if my in-game instructions weren't clear enough.

Please try it again, and let me know if that helps.

Joe

[Post New]by simplicity19 on May 11, 12 5:01 AM
I am still unable to play the 3 minute plate challenge .

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 11, 12 5:36 AM
Hi Simplicity19:

Can you tell me if a plate moves at all when you click on a plate that's on the end? It should move back and forth. If you click on a 2nd plate (also on the end)...that matches it...it should also move back and forth (and the first plate will keep moving). If you then find the 3rd plate (on the end) to match it....all 3 should jump up...and go off the screen...and the timer should start.

Not all plates have 3-matches on the ends...so you have to find a Plate that has 3 available on the ends.

Please...describe for me...step by step...what happens when you click on the first plate on the end...and go from there. Do any plates move when you click on them? Can you get 2 plates to move at the same time?

I've tried to reproduce this and couldn't. Other people playing have been able to play the Match-3 plates...so I don't know if it's a real bug or not.

Joe

[Post New]by simplicity19 on May 11, 12 7:47 AM
Nothing happens at all when I click. The screen is frozen.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 11, 12 8:37 AM
Hi again Simplicity19:

First, I want you to know I believe you, but I'm still having trouble duplicating it.

But...the good news is...while writing more things for you to check...I was able to duplicate it myself.

So...my apologies for this bug. It's occurring because the Pop-Up Help is turned off.

If you go to the Main Menu...and then Options and turn on the Pop-up Help...and then go back in the game. It should work correctly.

My only excuse (and it's a poor one)...is that there were so many options in the game, I obviously wasn't able to test every single combination.

I will fix this...but for now...if you turn on your Pop-Up Help...it will get around this problem.

Thank you again for so diligently reporting this.

Joe

[Post New]by simplicity19 on May 11, 12 1:33 PM
OK thanks, I will try that. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. I will let you know either way. It's still a fun relaxing game.

I have to have some variety!

Go to: