Who has completed all game levels?

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on May 8, 12 12:23 PM
Hi!
I'm Garden Rescue developer.

I will really appreciate if you will share your thoughts about our game: what do you like most and what not?

Thanks in advance!

Re:Who has completed all game levels?

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on May 10, 12 3:04 AM
Hi SD,
I enjoy this style of game and this one was no different. If anything, having to click on the coins to add them to the tally was the most problematic, especially during the latter stages as time really counts then. Also when there are multiple paths for the insects to follow, it would be nice if their path was indicated longer (even whole stage), rather then the few seconds at the start of the stage. This became more crucial during the last few stages. Other then that, great game and very, very challenging. Maybe you should work on Landgrabbers 2 (I wish)...... Anyway my progress thus far is;
General 3 stars on all stages except 28. (19 and 27 was the hardest for me to crack)
Sergeant 3 stars on 28.

(edit:made some progress)

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 7:07:29 AM PST

[Post New]by MrsLadybug on May 12, 12 11:14 AM
Hi SD,
Enjoyed this game a lot. My husband plays defense grid but I like the cuteness factor in this. It's a perfect combination of defense grid and plants vs. zombies. Lots of fun and very challenging. Wish the fruits gave more money, I like the aspect of planting more items. As you clear the bugs, they don't always give prizes or jewels, wish they would. Also, I would like the option of moving a plant just once. I have completed the game with 3 stars on Private, will work on the rest. I find it interesting that the levels are locked after completeing the game. Not that I care or being picky but the exellent is misspelled as you complete the levels. It should be "excellent".
Thanks for a truly fun game.
update: finally, finished general level on 3 stars. Very difficult with the cost of the plants being higher.

Edited on 06/08/2012 at 11:20:03 AM PST

[Post New]by LavenderLion on May 14, 12 7:27 PM
I got to the end on the Private setting. And about 1/3 of the way as Sargent. Not sure I can get much past that - mostly because I became determined to get 3 stars! Part way through the first time I got the stubborn award - really made me laugh!

The artwork on the bugs is great - funny expressions and easy to look at. I'd tried another game like this where the bugs were tiny, hard to see and unpleasantly realistic. And the plants are fun too! Love the venus flytrap with the nightcap on its "head"! The simple backgrounds turned out to be a good thing - no distractions. Except for the frog popping up - which is fun.

Trying to solve the strategy for each level is really a challenge. And completely addicting!

Please do a Garden Rescue 2!

[Post New]by alwaysflying on May 21, 12 6:38 AM
Finished on General setting, 3 stars, challenging but great game. More like this please and a sequel to this one as well.
Thanks for the fun

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 5:25:10 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 21, 12 11:35 AM
I love it (and it's nice to see devs asking for feedback )

I have finished all levels to 3 stars as Private, some 3 stars as Sergeant and some 3* as General. Still working on the rest, sometimes jumping straight from Private to General.

I have the other 2 games like this on BF and at least one of them uses Flash LSOs to save which means that every time I clear my cache on my browser I lose progress (browsers now clear plug-ins automatically with cookies ), so I was pleased that this game does NOT do that.

But its real strength IMO is in the amount of work which seems to have gone into setting the difficulty levels for each stage. The combination of clever, challenging (and never the same twice) garden layouts make plant position a key part of strategy and the lengths/types of waves seem set just right too, so that if I play the same level starting as Private, then Sergeant then General, there is the right amount of increased difficulty each time.

The graphics are appealing (the bugs are not too realistic), the way of earning and paying for upgrades is nice and simple, the addition of money from the plants being defended, and being able to upgrade them too, adds a level to the strategy decision (sometimes I needed to not fully upgrade them if I wanted 3 stars).

When I earned the stubborn trophy during the demo, it made me grin and think, yes this game is for me .

Another plus point is being able to choose the difficulty setting on a level by level basis. I sometimes enjoyed the change of pace, after playing one level through all three settings, to be able to dial back from the hardest (which took the most replaying) and do the next level at Private first.

ETA I forgot to say that I like that some bugs can come either with or without different types (and strengths) of 'armour' - such as hiding under leaves or books or in tin cans LOL - which have to be worn down before you can start to attack the insect itself. This adds extra variety.

& I also like that plants can be sold back, but for a reduced amount of money, so you can't just move them willy nilly (and that the price of a particular plant increases the more of them you buy, so that you can't just rely on one favourite plant type).

contd...

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 12:23:07 PM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 21, 12 11:53 AM
.... contd
The one thing I would love in the next game (or an update for this one) is an extra 'superfast' option:

I've been happily playing most days since release, but I've reached the point when I'm going for General level 3 * and replaying so many times, being happy with my strategy for at least the 1st half and needing to tweak it after that. Sitting through the same 10-18 waves over and over again, when I already know how I want to play that part, starts to feel slow even on the fastest setting.

Don't get me wrong - I am still enjoying the game, but it means I now take fewer attempts per session before switching to another game, because I don't want to sit through those waves at that speed again right then. If it had superfast speed (at least three times faster than current fast setting, but not so fast that couldn't pause to add plants at the right times), I would be able to keep on and on in the same session at a level until I finally got three stars as a General.

Ozziefishboy wrote:Hi SD,
I enjoy this style of game and this one was no different. If anything, having to click on the coins to add them to the tally was the most problematic, especially during the latter stages as time really counts then. Also when there are multiple paths for the insects to follow, it would be nice if their path was indicated longer (even whole stage), rather then the few seconds at the start of the stage. This became more crucial during the last few stages. Other then that, great game and very, very challenging. (snip)

I agree that it would be nice if the coins just added instantly to the total without needing to click. (The way I get around that is to slow down as coins due then pause when they are in the air. While paused - can click on the coins, plant whatever I like and click on upgrade too, although the upgrade will not take effect until start the movement again).

I agree about the paths being marked for longer too. I usually see where the arrows start, but sometimes miss the end of the route and have to wait until the bugs get there to see where they go. I wouldn't necessarily want the arrows to keep moving or flashing the whole time but would be happy for them to start as they are now and then have some stationary arrows along the path as the wave is played out.

Disclaimer: I am only making these points because the devs have asked. They are not intended to be read as reasons to avoid the game - it really is great!

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 12:33:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on May 25, 12 5:45 AM
Thanks for your positive responses! The feedback from our players is very important for us as developers.

MrsLadybug:
The number of prizes depends on the balance, so that the game would not seem too easy. The idea with transferring plants is not bad at all; maybe we’ll consider it for the continuation of the game.

LavenderLion:
Whether we’ll have the continuation of the game depends on our players’ positive feedback, as well as the demand for the Part 1.
We all hope that Garden Rescue 2 will appear!

Daisy_May:
Wow! Thanks for such a detailed report!
It’s my personal promise to you that we’ll add the 4? button to the already existing Pause, 1X and 2X in Garden Rescue 2.
We’ll also consider the idea of gathering coins without clicks and road markers.

To everyone:
We’re sorry for the delay in our responses. We still have lots of work with Garden Rescue. Now we’re going to launch the game in 7 languages, and right after that an iPad version!!!

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 5:45:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on May 31, 12 7:11 AM
I've updated my initial post in this section with my progress. I am at a loss on how to complete level 28 on General difficulty.

I would love to hear from anyone that has finished this game with all GENERAL 3 stars. I've tried about 30 times on level 28 but can't make the step up to General(not even 1 star).

Yes, I agree a 'times 4' speed would be a great addition. I don't know about a 'move' though. It'd make it too easy. The difficulty in this game for me was just perfect. Or maybe that touch too much for level 28:-(

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on May 31, 12 7:59 AM
Hi, Ozziefishboy.
I can do walkthrough specially for you (28th level GENERAL), give me a couple days :-)

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on May 31, 12 8:57 PM
Smalldeveloper wrote:Hi, Ozziefishboy.
I can do walkthrough specially for you (28th level GENERAL), give me a couple days :-)

Thanks mate. I'm not sure how I'll feel getting a 'cheats' way to complete this level, but I have tried so hard it's not funny. There's something I'm missing about 3/4's in.

It's great to see a developer with such hands on interaction with players. Keep bringing out games like this and you've got me (and I bet a lot of others too) for life..

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on Jun 1, 12 12:39 AM
Garden Rescue level 28th walkthrough was sended to Ozziefishboy PM.

[Post New]by msgarlic on Jun 4, 12 3:13 AM
i've completed all levels but can't get past level 23 on General! Played it over and over. . . can't do it . . Grrr

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on Jun 4, 12 5:49 AM
Garden Rescue level 23rd walkthrough was sended to msgarlic PM.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 5:49:58 AM PST

[Post New]by rochelliepat on Jun 5, 12 5:55 AM
Ok, I am finally asking for help with the last three General Levels I need to complete. I am stuck on 23, 28 and 30.
I was hoping to finish on my own but my sanity is at risk....

[Post New]by Smalldeveloper on Jun 5, 12 6:21 AM
Search Youtube for "garden rescue 23 level general" or "garden rescue 28 level general" to see walkthrough of Level 23rd and 28th.

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Jul 12, 12 9:47 PM
Hallelujah! I just completed the final general level with three stars! I am a guru!!! My thanks again for a most wonderful game. I will eagerly await a sequel!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jul 24, 12 10:18 AM
I've just completed the game with three stars on every level at General difficulty. This was a very addictive game and kept me busy for three weeks! I didn't look at any videos. I don't want to spoil anyone else's fun, so I'll just say, it is possible so keep trying. I had to draw pictures and write down everything that came on the screen -- especially for the conveyor belt levels, which were the toughest. I would say that it may not be possible to complete every level with three stars on General and not use the bombs and springs. Some may be possible, but several levels are ludicrously difficult and I certainly didn't get near to using no bombs and springs. I forgot, the lawnmowers are very powerful and I believe some are essential. But if anyone wants to prove me wrong, go ahead!

Thanks for the excellent game!

I'm now trying to complete all the levels without a conveyor belt without using any prizes and still General three star. For some I needed some fancy footwork, selling plants to buy a defence just in time with four waves still to go! Can't manage level 6, the first conveyor belt level, without using the prizes on General three star. It doesn't seem possible, but the levels without conveyors have been so far.

[Post New]by msgarlic on Sep 17, 12 10:18 AM
I loved playing this game. I completed all sargent levels on 3 stars apart from level 23! Yes I wish there was more money and to move plants would be good, I found the game quiet hard on some levels but that's what i liked about it! It's probably the best defender game i've played. Looking forward to more!

[Post New]by KathimacUNIVERA on Nov 24, 12 12:20 PM
I've completed all three levels and have some questions. The first is how to unlock the "lock" padlock in the bottom, middle of the screen.

I played each level under separate profile; made one for private, sergent and general. I got 3 stars of each of the first two levels but the last game in sergent just froze. It wouldn't move forward or show that I had completed it. I clicked on other things to show the screen was active and waited a long time until it was clear nothing was going to happen. I'm replaying now to see if that changes.

In first two levels (private & sergent) I got all the trophys. I thought if I played all 3 levels it would unlock... nope. Then I thought it may have to do with the trophys... nope.

Now I wonder if I have to play all three levels under one profile and if my progress for each level won't be lost if I do.

I was looking for another game I liked as much as Plants vs. Zombies and this is certainly it!! I love it. It's been challenging and entertaining. Since I don't like war games, it was nice to have one without the militaria.

Kudos developers - you have a winner!!

Go to: