Help can't get clipped coin

[Post New]by Subpoenathepastx on May 8, 12 9:10 PM
I have talked to the mysterious goblin and he told me something about my pocket watch having a clipped coin inside. I dont know how to get that coin in order to give it to the thugs in the tavern. I can't move on until I give them that coin and for some reason I can't. I have the pocket watch and tried giving that to the thugs but it wouldn't let me. Please help someone. Thank you!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Help can't get clipped coin

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 10, 12 1:43 PM
Hi Subpoenathepastx,

Welcome to the Pond! The best place to find information about specific scenes in the game is to check out the Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Walkthrough. In that, it shows that once you've spoken with the peddler regarding the clipped coin, you can enter the tavern and give that to the goblins sitting in the far back right corner. The coin should be in your inventory.

Hopefully some other Fishies can swim by and provide some tips for that too.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Subpoenathepastx on May 10, 12 4:28 PM
Thats what I'm having trouble on. I did talk to the peddler and he told me about the coin and the thugs in the tavern. After the talk I went into the tavern and tried to give the coin to them but it won't let me. I'm pretty sure it's because even after i talked to the peddler my pocket watch didn't turn into a coin. I have no coin in my inventory just the watch still. I'm not sure how to get my watch to change to the coin.

[Post New]by Adventurehan on May 10, 12 4:49 PM
HELP!! Exact same problem. The pocket watch is still in my inventory and I've already retained the potion. The walkthrough says that my pocket watch contains a clipped coin that will exchange for the potion, but that never happened. Now, I cannot talk to the mysterious peddler anymore or give the "clipped coin," because it is still a pocket watch. Please. Help. Tried everything. There's a glitch of some kind.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 12, 12 10:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

After taking another look at the walkthrough, it looks like you trade the cask of Alex's finest 100 year special for the last Bolgin Coin with the bartender. You then trade those 8 coins with the peddler to get the sap. That peddler then tells you of the coin in your watch. If the steps leading up to that are done in order, then the coin should be able to be accessed by clicking on the watch in your inventory once you've received the sap.

If for some reason the coin still isn't showing up after doing those steps, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Adventurehan on May 12, 12 5:54 PM
Yes. I called it potion but it's sap. Retrieved. He talked about the coin but it did not exchange. All steps in order. Read the strategy guide and walk throughs. Should have happened but didn't. Can't talk to the peddler again. Guess, I'll have to contact customer service because, as I've explained, I've tried everything.

[Post New]by papillonner on Jan 2, 13 10:18 AM
I am having the same problem. Went through all the steps in order like in walk through and don't have the coin. Only Pocket watch. Help please!

[Post New]by Clk115 on Jan 14, 13 12:27 PM
I'm having the same issue as well. Have completed all steps but my stopwatch isn't being accepted by the thugs. The clipped coin isn't showing in my inventory even after my interaction where the purpose was revealed.

[Post New]by Stuntwomanerin on Sep 23, 14 2:04 PM
Anyone have a solution to this....??..

Go to: